DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning All.

Trip to the dentist on tap for today, time to replace a filling. Good times.

Got my laptop back and all is good...so far.

Have a good one.

Good morning all. Just when I get the oldest dd driving and it's no more early morning swim practice trips for me, youngest dd now has weights/ conditioning two days a week before HS at 6 AM. Ugh.

Have them jog, that will help take care of the conditioning aspect.

Thanks Mike. I think I will enjoy, but I think it will take at least 6-8 dole whips to get the bad taste out of my mouth. ;)
Then the bad taste will be gone, between this trip and DDC7, easy money!
Morning All.

Have a good one.
Have a good one yourself Darcy, other than the numb dentist face you will have today.

Is there anything better than a trip to the dentist????
I was debating about saying I can't think of any.
Then I was debating about saying I can think of many.

Then I just decided one is not all true and one is so obviously true, no need, sooo...
Darcy, may your trip be without incident and may the novocaine last exactly how long you need it to.

Morning all...
Upside: got to come in late for work this morning.
Downside: had to be at the dentist at 7am instead.
Upside: It was just a normal cleaning.
Downside: They found a cavity that's just getting started so I get to go back.
Upside: it's only one, it's small and it's the first time in 6 or 7 years that I've had to have any work done.

Good morning all. Just when I get the oldest dd driving and it's no more early morning swim practice trips for me, youngest dd now has weights/ conditioning two days a week before HS at 6 AM. Ugh.
Almost seems like spite, don't it?
Could the older one take the younger one in on those early days?

Random coincidence...
May that go well.

Much better news.
Maybe this board will last just a mite longer than the last.

Is there anything better than a trip to the dentist????
Hummm...
A molten lead enema might be a smidgen better...
(But not by much)

:thumbsup2I think that counts as still being involved :rotfl2:You must have been fairly unusual (if you'll pardon the expression) if you are in you're mid 40s and into football, as you would have been a kid in the 70s? Was it the NASL?

If you're ever over this over this side of the pond, I'm in a group of about 15 season tickets holders, so there's always a spare one....although having to sit through West Ham should put you off from transatlantic travel....

Very unusual. I don't think too many came before me. My parents have my Game Jerseys framed and hung in their house. Kinda cool talking points.

Morning all, Monday is upon us once again.

Had a nice 3-0 win in soccer last night, only another 4 games until the playoffs begin.

Been in training so I 've missed most of my season.

Ah OK, sorry mate. I misunderstood, I thought you supported both. I won't spoil the result in case you haven't seen it.

I was coaching yesterday evening so I haven't seen it. I did see Man U get outplayed.

I have Clinicals for my USSF Director's License tonight. Still got a way to go, but I have part of the Clinicals tonight.

We have a tournament in Aiken SC this weekend against top competition. Haven't had my kids on the pitch a lot due to weather and me being gone but we'll see how we do.

I have State of Georgia responsibilities coming up too, so it will be busy.

On another note, londontime-----It's being rumored David Moyes is being offered the US job. All I can do is shake my head. I think US Soccer is just trying to destroy the program.

Afternoon boys from a Sunny London. Currently watching Jumanji with the kids after a morning in the park. Uniforms all bought for the new school year, and 1 week until Rome.

2nd spot so far, pretty much locked up a playoff spot.
Is it top 4 or 6?
HS at 6 AM
I read this as Hollywood studios. But it seems like you didn't catch a break there buddy.
DS now has Guitar lessons and he now wants to play football. So in 3 weeks time, our week will look like
Sun - Free
Mon - Scouts
Tues - Guitar
Weds - Swimming
Thurs - French
Fri - Tennis
Sat - Football & Gymnastics
And this is providing the Football coach just lets him train with the squad rather than playing as well, which will be on....you guessed it......Sunday :sad2:
d95af768f01311fbea3ead72ff6f45e6--marty-feldman-young-frankenstein.jpg
You can see why I was super popular with da laydeeez, that looks like me in a hoodie.
31 days until we leave
33 days until we check in

That is all.
Nice. Today would have been our last day at Vero, checking in tomorrow at the Poly.
Enjoy the lolly after. Grab a cola one.
Couldn't they have done it whilst you were there? Or does that involve a bigger fee to call you back in?
I have Clinicals for my USSF Director's License tonight. Still got a way to go, but I have part of the Clinicals tonight.
All the best with that mate.
We have a tournament in Aiken SC this weekend against top competition.
Is that your neck of the woods? We were in Charleston and Savannah in March this year. The missus fell in love with it, and we are now looking at it as a retirement option.
On another note, londontime-----It's being rumored David Moyes is being offered the US job. All I can do is shake my head. I think US Soccer is just trying to destroy the program.
:scared1::scared1::scared1:Well thats the polar opposite of Jurgen. He was the reason I gave up one of the season tickets at West Ham. The football is dire. He is a one trick pony. Effectively 5 at the back, and way way too narrow, everything goes through the central midfield. Horrible.
It is weird how sometimes all that money doesn't materialise into success. Look at the UK and tennis. There is literally a court in every park, as the LTA are swimming in money from Wimbledon. Our town, which has 20,000 people has 3 tennis clubs. And you can write the successful British tennis players on the back of a bar coaster.

Have a good day chaps, and Randall, hope you are having a great time, and keep checkin' those thrupennies, buddy.

Last edited:
Darcy, may your trip be without incident and may the novocaine last exactly how long you need it to.

No problems at all. Now just waiting for the freezing to go out so I can eat without drooling all over myself.

Morning all...
Upside: got to come in late for work this morning.
Upside: It was just a normal cleaning.
Upside: it's only one, it's small and it's the first time in 6 or 7 years that I've had to have any work done.

Random coincidence...
May that go well.

It did, same wishes for you.

Is it top 4 or 6?

Top 4 go through. Six place is long since done but the other five are all pretty close.

It's a dental epidemic!

Hummm...
A molten lead enema might be a smidgen better...
(But not by much)

There ya go.

Sun - Free
Mon - Scouts
Tues - Guitar
Weds - Swimming
Thurs - French
Fri - Tennis

Holy crap!

You can see why I was super popular with da laydeeez, that looks like me in a hoodie.

But it's not humpday today....

Is it club soccer you are coaching? I played into college a bit and was on the board of directors for our youth club here for 6 years so a tip of the hat to coaches (most) as you guys put up with a lot in youth club. And yes, the U.S. mens programs just has the motto of "we do and will forever suck".
DS now has Guitar lessons and he now wants to play football. So in 3 weeks time, our week will look like
Sun - Free
Mon - Scouts
Tues - Guitar
Weds - Swimming
Thurs - French
Fri - Tennis
And this is providing the Football coach just lets him train with the squad rather than playing as well, which will be on....you guessed it......Sunday :sad2:
Wow! Enjoy it though, running around with all the kids activities was a good time and met a lot of good friends through all the youth sports.
Nice. Today would have been our last day at Vero, checking in tomorrow at the Poly.
Sorry about having to change your plans but looks like you have enough to keep you busy.

No way!!! Charleston...actually a suburb is where I grew up. I'm from the town across the big bridge, Mount Pleasant, SC.

Parents still live there and I visit often!

Go figure.

And this is certainly not the direction US Soccer needs to be going. The system is a mess.

Is it club soccer you are coaching? I played into college a bit and was on the board of directors for our youth club here for 6 years so a tip of the hat to coaches (most) as you guys put up with a lot in youth club. And yes, the U.S. mens programs just has the motto of "we do and will forever suck".

Wow! Enjoy it though, running around with all the kids activities was a good time and met a lot of good friends through all the youth sports.

Sorry about having to change your plans but looks like you have enough to keep you busy.

Yes it is club. I'm actually eyeing an Executive Director spot at a club nearby, but I don't think I'm what they're looking for (I'm an American...leave it at that)

Not sure NCIS would appreciate me taking that job anyway

So, local cable provider (Spectrum) offered a streaming service special for $20 more a month than what I'm paying for Internet. So, I picked 5 channels and DW picked 5 channels. NBC Sports has a replay of the Tottenham match from the weekend, so that's what I'm watching. I keep hearing Dan say "dirty Spurs". :lmao:

Just when I think I’m out, they pull me back in

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

Thanks Mike. I think I will enjoy, but I think it will take at least 6-8 dole whips to get the bad taste out of my mouth. ;)

Only 8?

Have them jog, that will help take care of the conditioning aspect.

I'm impressed that he's having the girls lift weights. So far, neither the tennis nor swim coach has done that. Glad you survived the dentist.

Almost seems like spite, don't it?
Could the older one take the younger one in on those early days?

Basketball is "conditioning" now, and it's not the start of the season. Swim season won't start until later. Glad you survived the dentist as well.

I read this as Hollywood studios. But it seems like you didn't catch a break there buddy.
Sun - Free
Mon - Scouts
Tues - Guitar
Weds - Swimming
Thurs - French
Fri - Tennis

Our town, which has 20,000 people has 3 tennis clubs. And you can write the successful British tennis players on the back of a bar coaster.

Her practice schedule is Monday and Wednesday PM, with weights on Tuesday and Friday AM. I play tennis with her on Thursdays or Saturdays to keep her skills sharp. Oldest is working 3-4 days a week and swims Mon, Wed, Thurs PM. It is so peaceful in the evenings when they are both gone or tired from competing.

As for English tennis players, there is Andy Murray. Was Margaret Court British or Australian? That's all I got.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter