DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Happy Monday. A busy day paying vehicle taxes, laundry, grocery, Mass, cut the grass, at dentist now with younger dd, tennis afterward, and pick up oldest from swim practice. I do need a vacation.

Great news. A vacation on the cheap is better than none at all. Hope you enjoy it!

Good deal, and going on the cheap is better than not at all.

Well that sounds like a result.

Now i just have to figure out where the money is to pay for it. I used the "money tree" argument with DW, but it didn't work. We won't do any paid excursions and there is so much to do at the resort. So now, it's just food & alcohol costs. I've got over $200 on my Disney Rewards Card I can use at the resort which should cover some.

The weekend games were interesting so it was a good time. Florida won but lost their QB and the Phins stunk up the place but made it a game for a while.

And, UL really took it to FSU. Jackson is for real and looking like a future #1 draft pick. I hope he can keep it up for the season.

Jackson is a player. Really enjoyed watching them destroy FSU, made my day. Have a feeling the UK/UL game is going to get ugly.

Turns out we are going on the beach vacation this year after all.
That is great news.

talk-like-a-pirate-day-2.jpg

Talk like a Pirate Day is a little different since the kid graduated from Seton Hall. Still greeted her with an Arrrrg though.

Have a good evening chaps.......

Same to you.

Now i just have to figure out where the money is to pay for it. I used the "money tree" argument with DW, but it didn't work. We won't do any paid excursions and there is so much to do at the resort. So now, it's just food & alcohol costs. I've got over $200 on my Disney Rewards Card I can use at the resort which should cover some.

It will work out. You would have to eat at home anyway plus you get to play in the pool and the Atlantic.

Still on the green side of the sod. Not sure when I was last on and no time to go back. If I missed anything important, congratulations, prayers, and best wishes as appropriate.

Life is crazy since we aren't homeschooling. DS is playing JV soccer, varsity soccer, and running cross country. DD is playing JV soccer.

Work is nuts, lost my assistant to a job with benefits so I am happy for him, but it sucks for me. Major research problem on a grant-funded project to a pest I haven't seen in the seven years I've been here.

And I get summoned for Circuit Court Jury duty starting in October.

Really wish I was riding the TTA right now.

Hope to be back in a few weeks.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Trust all got through Monday and like I referenced yesterday, what knot-head but the Bears on Monday night football? Those at DaWorld, enjoy and have a dole whip for me!
Happy Tuesday May your day be Disney
To you as well, and may everyone have a bit of pixie dust every day.

Morning All,

fighting off a bit of a cold today and getting the brakes done on the car. They don't go together other than to make me feel like crap.

Hello Dis Dad's! After a long hiatus, I'm back in the mix. Currently planning my first of many trips to the World over the next 12 months or so.
I've posted a link to the Pr-Trip report. for those that are interested. I'm planning on being much more active now that I'm getting an AP. I can allow myself to stay more connected knowing that I'll be going back sooner than later.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/my-first-solo-trip-to-wdw.3545063/#post-56494058

Morning All,

fighting off a bit of a cold today and getting the brakes done on the car. They don't go together other than to make me feel like crap.

Hope you feel better soon Darcy.

We enjoyed a quick trip to Disney for the weekend before last. We took my BIL, SIL and there three kids with us. It's always fun to get to see Disney through the eyes of young kids. Their kids are 9 and younger. We wound up renting wheel chair for Rach because she's going through chemo again and her Drs recommended it. I was really blown away by the new area at Disney Springs. It's really really nice I could see it becoming much easier to spend more than a day there during a trip.

I got some magic and pixie dust last week. We are WDW 11\5-11\12 staying at BLT. We had BCV wait listed fro the 5th, 6th and it came through. FINALLY...we get to stay at BCV. My dining plans don't mesh as well, but what the heck. We'll roll with it.

Anyone else going to be at WDW at that time?

The Walking Dead Season 6 is now on Netflix. Time to take the week off to binge watch.

Jackson is a player. Really enjoyed watching them destroy FSU, made my day. Have a feeling the UK/UL game is going to get ugly.

It will work out. You would have to eat at home anyway plus you get to play in the pool and the Atlantic.

I'm afraid UL will lose focus and choke to UK, although the way both are playing, it shouldn't even be a close game. Yes, FL scenery is much better than KY.

Life is crazy since we aren't homeschooling. DS is playing JV soccer, varsity soccer, and running cross country. DD is playing JV soccer.

Work is nuts, lost my assistant to a job with benefits so I am happy for him, but it sucks for me. Major research problem on a grant-funded project to a pest I haven't seen in the seven years I've been here.

Sorry to hear about the assistant. Sounds like you're busy with sports. Are they doing the team bus or do you or your wife get to drive them all over the counties for competition?

Hello Dis Dad's! After a long hiatus, I'm back in the mix. Currently planning my first of many trips to the World over the next 12 months or so.
I've posted a link to the Pr-Trip report. for those that are interested. I'm planning on being much more active now that I'm getting an AP. I can allow myself to stay more connected knowing that I'll be going back sooner than later.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/my-first-solo-trip-to-wdw.3545063/#post-56494058

I'm looking forward to APs when I retire and move to Florida. I just can't afford the transportation for multiple trips X 4 right now.

We enjoyed a quick trip to Disney for the weekend before last. We took my BIL, SIL and there three kids with us. It's always fun to get to see Disney through the eyes of young kids. Their kids are 9 and younger. We wound up renting wheel chair for Rach because she's going through chemo again and her Drs recommended it. I was really blown away by the new area at Disney Springs. It's really really nice I could see it becoming much easier to spend more than a day there during a trip.

:wave: Ryan. Good to see you back this way. Disney is always great for those young 'ends, like it's Christmas Morning everyday. I still remember how special those first few trips for mine that started at 3 & 15 months, and once a year after that.

I got some magic and pixie dust last week. We are WDW 11\5-11\12 staying at BLT. We had BCV wait listed fro the 5th, 6th and it came through. FINALLY...we get to stay at BCV. My dining plans don't mesh as well, but what the heck. We'll roll with it.

:wave: Brett. Congrats on the wait list. We did BCV a few trips back and enjoyed it. I preferred BLT, but it is fun to get to try all the different resorts. We still have GF and Poly to go, and may try a few nights at each to mark them off the list. BWV is still my favorite, but I'm willing to go with you if you're buying. :lmao:

"Used to be here a lot sightings"
Looking forward to again seeing DaWorld through the eyes of little ones, but since they will likely be grandchildren not in a hurry. Good to hear from you again and all the best and prayers to DW.

Good to hear from you again as well Brett. We like location of BCV & BWV but more so BWV as we walk to Studios from there. Your Steelers look awful good this year.

Hello Dads, hope you're all doing well. I'm just checking the score on Canada vs USA in World Cup Hockey. Anyone else watching? Its always fun seeing our two countries head to head (especially in hockey since Canada actually has a chance to win :)).

Morning All,

Yep, neither one is good. Hope you're doing better.

I was really blown away by the new area at Disney Springs. It's really really nice I could see it becoming much easier to spend more than a day there during a trip.
I have not been fortunate enough to visit yet, but it does look great based on the videos I have seen. I don't have much interest in all the new high-end fashion stores that have opened up, but there seems to be enough to keep entertained.

Sounds like a great bit of pixie dust. Sadly, no, I won't be in the World then.

Hello Dads, hope you're all doing well. I'm just checking the score on Canada vs USA in World Cup Hockey. Anyone else watching? Its always fun seeing our two countries head to head (especially in hockey since Canada actually has a chance to win :)).
Unfortunately watching Canada / USA. The brain trust of team USA, including the biggest coach hack in hockey Tortorella, built a team to play 1980s style hockey - ain't working duh. Too much class and talent for team Canada and am really enjoying watching the young guns of team North America.

I'm glad you can at least go on the trip. Better a cheap one than no vacation.

Really wish I was riding the TTA right now.

Me too! Hope you keep your head above water!

We wound up renting wheel chair for Rach because she's going through chemo again and her Drs recommended it.

Hi Ryan! I'm sorry to hear this. What is her prognosis?

I was really blown away by the new area at Disney Springs. It's really really nice I could see it becoming much easier to spend more than a day there during a trip.

It really looks a lot classier than it used to. I'm looking forward to checking it out...someday.

We had BCV wait listed fro the 5th, 6th and it came through. FINALLY...we get to stay at BCV.

Nice!

ello Dads, hope you're all doing well. I'm just checking the score on Canada vs USA in World Cup Hockey. Anyone else watching? Its always fun seeing our two countries head to head (especially in hockey since Canada actually has a chance to win :)).

Unfortunately watching Canada / USA. The brain trust of team USA, including the biggest coach hack in hockey Tortorella, built a team to play 1980s style hockey - ain't working duh. Too much class and talent for team Canada and am really enjoying watching the young guns of team North America.

I didn't see the game, but you could see from the start that Team USA was really lacking in talent. They made some head-scratching decisions putting that team together. North America is a lot more fun to watch!

I'm leaving tomorrow early am to visit friends in Chicago. Nice weekend trip and I am looking forward to getting out of here. One thing we are doing is going to the Northwestern/Nebraska game Saturday. The game isn't probably going to be any good but it will be interesting to see tailgating at a non SEC school.

Still on the green side of the sod.

We have that going for us at least.

Happy Tuesday May your day be Disney

Happy Wednesday May your day be Disney.

Sorry to hear that Darcy. Get better.

Looks like a nice trip planned.

We enjoyed a quick trip to Disney for the weekend before last. We took my BIL, SIL and there three kids with us. It's always fun to get to see Disney through the eyes of young kids. Their kids are 9 and younger.

Hey Ryan. Cool to see Disney through the eyes of younger ones. Been a while since I experienced that.

What are you running in January?

I wish. Glad the waitlist came through.

I'm afraid UL will lose focus and choke to UK, although the way both are playing, it shouldn't even be a close game. Yes, FL scenery is much better than KY.

The Houston game should be a good one. Win that and the ACC and you are off to the Championship games.

I have not been fortunate enough to visit yet, but it does look great based on the videos I have seen. I don't have much interest in all the new high-end fashion stores that have opened up, but there seems to be enough to keep entertained.

Looking forward to visiting Disney Springs on the next trip. Mostly for the restaurants and not the shops.

Unfortunately watching Canada / USA. The brain trust of team USA, including the biggest coach hack in hockey Tortorella, built a team to play 1980s style hockey

Old time hockey...

I'm looking forward to APs when I retire and move to Florida. I just can't afford the transportation for multiple trips X 4 right now.

One of the many perks of being a single. I can go to WDW for about 200 on avg. Then the Hotel and food is all I need to worry about, if I spread my trips out should easily be able to go to WDW about 3 times in 2017. The largest expense B&L is the tickets over and over again. So should be pretty awesome. .

The weekend games were interesting so it was a good time. Florida won but lost their QB and the Phins stunk up the place but made it a game for a while.

Hey CJ. A little late to the HAHA Patriots win again party.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Look at the bright side. You get to play Buffalo twice so you'll win at least 2 games this season.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hope things are well.

Congrats. We've got 2 waitlists for our Jan trip over marathon weekend but I don't see any likelihood of them actually coming through.

:wave: Ryan. Good to see you back this way. Disney is always great for those young 'ends, like it's Christmas Morning everyday. I still remember how special those first few trips for mine that started at 3 & 15 months, and once a year after that.

We still have GF and Poly to go,
We planned for this trip to just be 2 park days so we had bough tickets from Undercover tourist. A couple day before the trip DW and I started talking about an april trip with the kids. Then we talked about adding a day on this trip so we wound up upgrading the tickets to AP's. We usually do 2 short trips a year with the kids and that makes it a little less expensive to have APs

It's good to be back. This was the second time with our neices and nephews it was a lot of fun and we enjoyed taking the same pictures as the last trip so they could compare how they've changed in 3 years.

Are GF and Poly the DVC resorts you have left or resorts in general? I'd like to stay at GF but I'm not sure when it will happen. We've stayed at the poly studios and regular rooms but the bungalos are way out of my price range. Len Testa talked about his stay in a bungalo and it was as many DVC points for one night there as it was for a about a week in a studio at SSR. He spends time calculating the number of points per hour you spend in a bungalo.

:lmao:
Wasn't really much into the high end fasion but the architecture and layout is really neat. I was impressed with the amount of stuff that they have added to the area between World of Disney and the old planet hollywood building. The new Guest services area is really nice to. I wish I had realized it moved before I ran over to the area by marketplace co-op though.

:wave: Brett. Congrats on the wait list. We did BCV a few trips back and enjoyed it. I preferred BLT, but it is fun to get to try all the different resorts. We still have GF and Poly to go, and may try a few nights at each to mark them off the list. BWV is still my favorite, but I'm willing to go with you if you're buying. :lmao:

"Used to be here a lot sightings"
Good to hear from you again as well Brett. We like location of BCV & BWV but more so BWV as we walk to Studios from there. Your Steelers look awful good this year.
They do indeed. Lots of youth. How far they go will depend on guys staying healthy at key positions and the secondary. And staying away from weed!

I wish. Glad the waitlist came through.

Congrats. We've got 2 waitlists for our Jan trip over marathon weekend but I don't see any likelihood of them actually coming through.

The whole family is totally excited about this trip (I mean, they always are...but super psyched to try BCV)
This is our 2nd split stay. We were always SUPER snit-split stay until fate forced our hands last trip and we did Kidani, 2 nights WL Club Level and then 3 at VWL.
We go every year during the election week bc our kids' school has Mon\Tue off. That always corresponds to the F&W Festival making reservations really challenging at BWV or BCV!

We knew we'd stand almost no chance at getting a whole week at BCV which is why we only wait listed Sat\Sun (5th and 6th). Not only F&w but also the F&W half-marathon. So we planned on people bagging a weekend for various reason. So our strategy seemingly worked!

It creates a new mildly challenging logistics issue for us but we'll deal.
We have friends that live in Port Orange that always drive up and meet us for dinner. We have a Saturday reservation for Ohana...would have been great to be at BLT and have that ADR. It doesn't work as well with BCV. Yachtsman is a better choice! But we can't find an another Ohana opening.

We have friends from home that are also going to be there the same week, so our kiddos will have a blast with them. We have an ADR at Biergarten with them and then are going to be at Typhoon Lagoon with them on Monday. Good times ahead!

Happy 'Guess what day it is'? That commercial still makes me laugh.

Looking forward to again seeing DaWorld through the eyes of little ones, but since they will likely be grandchildren not in a hurry. Good to hear from you again and all the best and prayers to DW.

Grandchildren will certainly be the next step. I tell my dds now that once they move out, I'm going to visit them, turn on all their lights, open all drawers, etc.

I'm glad you can at least go on the trip. Better a cheap one than no
Vacation.
h!

Thanks. Life is really good right now though for me, but I guess DW and the girls may need a vacation.

I'm leaving tomorrow early am to visit friends in Chicago. Nice weekend trip and I am looking forward to getting out of here. One thing we are doing is going to the Northwestern/Nebraska game Saturday. The game isn't probably going to be any good but it will be interesting to see tailgating at a non SEC school.

Why? You think they won't all be drunk at that game? :lmao: The main differences will be the weather and language accents. :lmao:

Yes, UL has Clemson in a couple weeks and then Houston at the end of the season. Those will be the ones that will be the most difficult matchups.

One of the many perks of being a single. I can go to WDW for about 200 on avg. Then the Hotel and food is all I need to worry about, if I spread my trips out should easily be able to go to WDW about 3 times in 2017. The largest expense B&L is the tickets over and over again. So should be pretty awesome. .

I do look forward to the vacation plan/ budget for two as opposed to four. Do you have any major plans for your trips? For example, we've dined at most all the signature restaurants and stayed at most all dvc resorts. Anything new you plan to try?

Hey CJ. A little late to the HAHA Patriots win again party.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Look at the bright side. You get to play Buffalo twice so you'll win at least 2 games this season.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

The only team worse than the Bills are the Bears. Plus, life of CJ still gets Florida weather and topless beaches.

Are GF and Poly the DVC resorts you have left or resorts in general? I'd like to stay at GF but I'm not sure when it will happen. We've stayed at the poly studios and regular rooms but the bungalos are way out of my price range. Len Testa talked about his stay in a bungalo and it was as many DVC points for one night there as it was for a about a week in a studio at SSR. He spends time calculating the number of points per hour you spend in a bungalo.

I was just referring to dvc resorts, but most all of the deluxes now have that dvc component added to it. I doubt we will swing a bungalow, but will give the other rooms there a try. We have stayed at all the values except AoA. Eventually, I would like to have stayed in each resort on property as well as dined at every restaurant. I guess it's good to have goals. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter