DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

I do look forward to the vacation plan/ budget for two as opposed to four. Do you have any major plans for your trips? For example, we've dined at most all the signature restaurants and stayed at most all dvc resorts. Anything new you plan to try?

The Star Wars stuff over at HWS, and of course F&W 2016! I also really want to check out Disney springs, and HNSSHP, as well as Trader Sam's

Pre-trip report below.
www.disboards.com/threads/my-first-solo-trip-to-wdw.3545063/

I was just referring to dvc resorts, but most all of the deluxes now have that dvc component added to it. I doubt we will swing a bungalow, but will give the other rooms there a try. We have stayed at all the values except AoA. Eventually, I would like to have stayed in each resort on property as well as dined at every restaurant. I guess it's good to have goals. :lmao:

We are trying to stay at all of the DVC resorts at WDW except maybe SSR. I suspect that when I eventually make it down for DDCC, that might be the time I do it.
We are doing DCL in 2017 and paying cash. So we'll bank our 2017 points and have 610 points total for our 2018 trip. That gives us some options. None of which include paying for your room, Norm.

Afternoon guys! Hope your day is dryer than mine. After three days of rain, things are getting a bit wet. Road into the office was completely flooded out. Thankfully, I could drive a couple blocks over and park in the back lot. I THINK the sun might be starting to peak through the clouds.

Happy 'Guess what day it is'? That commercial still makes me laugh.
You beat me too it! It still makes me laugh as well.

I'm floating away. Looks like I'll need a boat. lol. 11 in of rain in the past 24 hours. This time next week I'll be too excited to sleep.

I'm leaving tomorrow early am to visit friends in Chicago. Nice weekend trip and I am looking forward to getting out of here. One thing we are doing is going to the Northwestern/Nebraska game Saturday. The game isn't probably going to be any good but it will be interesting to see tailgating at a non SEC school.
Chicago tailgates pretty good for the Bears and ND but never hit Northwestern so let me know how it goes. While up there, if your friends can get you to a place called Portillo's for lunch or dinner. If so get a hot dog with everything including the sport peppers (Chicago style Dog) and get an Italian Beef with hot peppers, dipped (dipped means they dip the hole sandwich in the juice. Yes, get one of each for your meal. Safe travels and enjoy.
Hey CJ. A little late to the HAHA Patriots win again party.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Look at the bright side. You get to play Buffalo twice so you'll win at least 2 games this season.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hope things are well.
Good to hear from you Jim. Was wondering when you were gonn drop by to give CJ a hard time.

Hey CJ. A little late to the HAHA Patriots win again party.:rolleyes1:rolleyes1 Look at the bright side. You get to play Buffalo twice so you'll win at least 2 games this season.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Hope things are well.

Good to hear from you. Dolphins will again be bad but they did get back into the game for a while. It was interesting to see Brissett play well. He transferred from Florida to head to BC. Good kid, just stuck in a bad offensive scheme down here.

The whole family is totally excited about this trip (I mean, they always are...but super psyched to try BCV)

Love BCV especially in the summer. Spent one non-park day at a table by the pool and enjoyed it immensely. Interesting choices to change up your ADR's.

Yes, UL has Clemson in a couple weeks and then Houston at the end of the season. Those will be the ones that will be the most difficult matchups.

How could I forget about Clemson. They beat those two, my guess is they will be undefeated. Way to early to think about it though.

I was just referring to dvc resorts, but most all of the deluxes now have that dvc component added to it. I doubt we will swing a bungalow, but will give the other rooms there a try. We have stayed at all the values except AoA. Eventually, I would like to have stayed in each resort on property as well as dined at every restaurant. I guess it's good to have goals. :lmao:

It is good to have goals and those are good goals

Miss u guys...

That is all

Bye for now....

Enjoying the food fight over on the FB page?

Why? You think they won't all be drunk at that game? :lmao: The main differences will be the weather and language accents.

SEC schools take tailgating to another level so I expect it to be a little low key. Still going to be fun. It is also a 7:30 game so I imagine the fans will be well lubricated before kickoff.

Chicago tailgates pretty good for the Bears and ND but never hit Northwestern so let me know how it goes. While up there, if your friends can get you to a place called Portillo's for lunch or dinner. If so get a hot dog with everything including the sport peppers (Chicago style Dog) and get an Italian Beef with hot peppers, dipped (dipped means they dip the hole sandwich in the juice. Yes, get one of each for your meal. Safe travels and enjoy.

Did the Chicago dog before but not sure it was from Portillo's. Also tried the Italian beef. One thing I am jonesing for is a good slice of deep dish pizza. They tape a NPR show that I like called, "Wait, what, don't tell me," and we have tickets for that on Thursday. Plan is to eat at an Italian place near their house and take the train into the city to see the show. Friday is up in the air and Saturday is the game. Looked into getting Cubs tickets for Friday but don't want to spend a bazillion dollars so that is out. Looking forward to the game and I will let you know what I think.

Good to hear from you. Dolphins will again be bad but they did get back into the game for a while. It was interesting to see Brissett play well. He transferred from Florida to head to BC. Good kid, just stuck in a bad offensive scheme down here.

Love BCV especially in the summer. Spent one non-park day at a table by the pool and enjoyed it immensely. Interesting choices to change up your ADR's.

How could I forget about Clemson. They beat those two, my guess is they will be undefeated. Way to early to think about it though.

It is good to have goals and those are good goals

Enjoying the food fight over on the FB page?

SEC schools take tailgating to another level so I expect it to be a little low key. Still going to be fun. It is also a 7:30 game so I imagine the fans will be well lubricated before kickoff.

Did the Chicago dog before but not sure it was from Portillo's. Also tried the Italian beef. One thing I am jonesing for is a good slice of deep dish pizza. They tape a NPR show that I like called, "Wait, what, don't tell me," and we have tickets for that on Thursday. Plan is to eat at an Italian place near their house and take the train into the city to see the show. Friday is up in the air and Saturday is the game. Looked into getting Cubs tickets for Friday but don't want to spend a bazillion dollars so that is out. Looking forward to the game and I will let you know what I think.

I love Chicago. I've been there 3 or 4 times. Friendly people, great food and lots of things to do. And a great sports city. Northwestern was where I wanted to go but I went to Duquesne for undergrad and getting my MBA from Duquesne exempted me from several classes. So it saved time and money.

The Star Wars stuff over at HWS, and of course F&W 2016! I also really want to check out Disney springs, and HNSSHP, as well as Trader Sam's

Pre-trip report below.
www.disboards.com/threads/my-first-solo-trip-to-wdw.3545063/

Really enjoyed the Star Wars fireworks at DHS and hope it's there to stay.

We are trying to stay at all of the DVC resorts at WDW except maybe SSR. I suspect that when I eventually make it down for DDCC, that might be the time I do it.
We are doing DCL in 2017 and paying cash. So we'll bank our 2017 points and have 610 points total for our 2018 trip. That gives us some options. None of which include paying for your room, Norm.

You know, I'm always available to mooch a room off of someone. :lmao:

I'm floating away. Looks like I'll need a boat. lol. 11 in of rain in the past 24 hours. This time next week I'll be too excited to sleep.

Stay safe. We had some flooding last month.

Miss u guys...

That is all

Bye for now....

Stick around Tim. It's still safe over here.

We knew we'd stand almost no chance at getting a whole week at BCV which is why we only wait listed Sat\Sun (5th and 6th). Not only F&w but also the F&W half-marathon. So we planned on people bagging a weekend for various reason. So our strategy seemingly worked!
I love it when a plan comes together

Grandchildren will certainly be the next step. I tell my dds now that once they move out, I'm going to visit them, turn on all their lights, open all drawers, etc.

I think I'm gonna need more DVC points once we have grandkiddos. So far we haven't stayed dvc at GF, Aulani, Vero or VWL, or VGC. We stayed in regular rooms at WL and GC though. I'd like to do all the resorts. too. We were really surprised with how much we enjoyed HHR.

That's a lot of points. I'd love to have that many to play with. SSR gets a bad wrap but it's really nice now that Disney springs is pretty much done.

Miss u guys...

That is all

Bye for now....
Hi Tim.

I think I'm gonna need more DVC points once we have grandkiddos. So far we haven't stayed dvc at GF, Aulani, Vero or VWL, or VGC. We stayed in regular rooms at WL and GC though. I'd like to do all the resorts. too. We were really surprised with how much we enjoyed HHR.

I did mean all the DVC resorts at WDW, and HHIR & VBR. I would like to get to Aulani and VGC, which I guess is a possibility 10 years from now, but may not really want to then. I agree with you about both Hilton Head and Vero Beach Resorts, both excellent designs & activities. We liked VBR since it was just all there at the beach as opposed to drive/ shuttle/ bike between the two.

I did mean all the DVC resorts at WDW, and HHIR & VBR. I would like to get to Aulani and VGC, which I guess is a possibility 10 years from now, but may not really want to then. I agree with you about both Hilton Head and Vero Beach Resorts, both excellent designs & activities. We liked VBR since it was just all there at the beach as opposed to drive/ shuttle/ bike between the two.
My grandparents live only a few miles from Vero and my Aunt actually worked at that resort for a while. As a result we've been to the resort to walk around and for dinner a couple of times, but we've never stayed there. We really liked the biking aspect of HHR. We had a great time going out for bike rides every night.

My grandparents live only a few miles from Vero and my Aunt actually worked at that resort for a while. As a result we've been to the resort to walk around and for dinner a couple of times, but we've never stayed there. We really liked the biking aspect of HHR. We had a great time going out for bike rides every night.

The bike lanes at Hilton Head were really nice. Both DW and I liked the Vero area and could see ourselves retiring there in the next decade.

Hey guys. I haven't been around the Dis much at all lately. Been awful busy lately and just haven't had time for the disboards. With all the drama going on at the FB page, I just felt the need to pop back into the mother ship to say hi.

And @cj9200 I've been stewing over this QB thing all week. All the media around here is eating up the fact that Purdue's last 2 starting QB's are going to be starting for SEC schools this weekend. And quite frankly, I wish we still had either of them. The guy who replaced Appleby last year never should have been given the job and he's only proving it this year. Hazell wanted someone to protect the ball. Appleby was getting his teeth knocked and was trying to play like Brett Favre with little to no talent around him and he was at least throwing as many TDs as INTs. His replacement is nowhere near as talented and has been throwing picks at an alarming rate. Pretty sure we'll be on our 4th new starter in 3 years within the next few weeks. Go Gators! Go Tigers!

I love Chicago. I've been there 3 or 4 times. Friendly people, great food and lots of things to do. And a great sports city. Northwestern was where I wanted to go but I went to Duquesne for undergrad and getting my MBA from Duquesne exempted me from several classes. So it saved time and money.

Love Chicago but have a NYC bias. A number of years ago I made a detour from visiting friends in Pittsburg to catch a 4 game series between the Cubs and Marlins. Sat in a different type of seat for each game including the bleachers. Have gone back a few times since then. My American miles were going to expire so I needed to fly somewhere and since I have a friend that lives near Northwestern it was going to be pretty cheap trip. Have a ton of stuff to do around the house but I am in vacation mode right now. First time I will be out of S. Florida since I drove the Pirate Princess down here after graduation. Going a bit stir crazy. The game is probably going to be bad but going to it will be a new experience.

I've stayed at every DVC except HH. Have to do that sometime. Vero is nice but it is too similar to a Florida beach resort which I have done since I was a teenager so it isn't special to me. Aulani was unbelievable, hope to go back there sometime.

And @cj9200 I've been stewing over this QB thing all week. All the media around here is eating up the fact that Purdue's last 2 starting QB's are going to be starting for SEC schools this weekend. And quite frankly, I wish we still had either of them. The guy who replaced Appleby last year never should have been given the job and he's only proving it this year. Hazell wanted someone to protect the ball. Appleby was getting his teeth knocked and was trying to play like Brett Favre with little to no talent around him and he was at least throwing as many TDs as INTs. His replacement is nowhere near as talented and has been throwing picks at an alarming rate. Pretty sure we'll be on our 4th new starter in 3 years within the next few weeks. Go Gators! Go Tigers!

There is some concern with fans down here about Appleby's 19 TDs/19 Int.s. People that know point out the crappy system he was in and that isn't going to happen here. He also didn't have this defense last year so no need to force throws to get points. Look for a few downfield passes Saturday especially if our speedster (Galloway) is playing. I think we got the better transfer and am confident he will be fine running the offense. Looking for a sports bar in Chicago to watch the game.

There is some concern with fans down here about Appleby's 19 TDs/19 Int.s. People that know point out the crappy system he was in and that isn't going to happen here. He also didn't have this defense last year so no need to force throws to get points. Look for a few downfield passes Saturday especially if our speedster (Galloway) is playing. I think we got the better transfer and am confident he will be fine running the offense. Looking for a sports bar in Chicago to watch the game.
Yeah, the system definitely caused a lot of it. I forget how many TDs he ran for. Quite a few, if I recall and he's anything but a running QB. He'll have to be smart and play smarter, but he'll have an offensive line and some playmakers with him and I don't think he'll feel the need to force it. He was frequently running for his life and just trying to make a play in a predictable offense for an OC that stayed about 2 years past his welcome. He can definitely get the ball down field.

Since it was against the Marlins, I also like the Bartman. Did you see the EXPN special on all that. Really interesting.
I'm just not a Cubs fan. I was at Purdue the year of that game and being just a couple of hours away, there were a lot of Cubs fans. I couldn't believe though how many Steve Bartmans showed up at the bars around Halloween that year though. Must have been more Cubs haters like me around than I realized! :rotfl2:

I love it when a plan comes together
That's a lot of points. I'd love to have that many to play with. SSR gets a bad wrap but it's really nice now that Disney springs is pretty much done.

We started with 180 BLT points, then quickly added 50 @SSR. We didn't realize how hard it would be to get a reservation t the 7 month mark. And the 180 BLT pts didn't g very far. And even at 11 mos., the standard views were gone quickly, forcing us to look at Lake view or theme park view. After the fact, we became remarkably wiser about the number of points that we needed and how we'd use them! We bought 75 more points at BLT.

I agree about SSR getting a bad wrap. It's actually a beautiful resort. It's cons are far from the Parks and very spread out. But its stock went up when Disney re-branded DTD to Disney Springs along with all fof the dining and shopping upgrades.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter