DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB LSUlakes! :welcome:

You have been added to The Official DISDad Members List on Page 1, Posts 8 & 9!:thumbsup2

Your Official Member Number is #827!

drippinwelcum.gif

To see where else you can find the DISDads on the internet, please check out Post 3 on Page One!

If you would like anything added to Page One about yourself, please send me a PM. FYI, I do not add anything to page one about you without your permission.​

Hey guys. I haven't been around the Dis much at all lately. Been awful busy lately and just haven't had time for the disboards. With all the drama going on at the FB page, I just felt the need to pop back into the mother ship to say hi.
Hi Andy, great to see you again. The water is not as muddy in here. I can only imagine how busy you've been with the new addition to your family. Hope he's still doing well.

Hey guys. I haven't been around the Dis much at all lately. Been awful busy lately and just haven't had time for the disboards. With all the drama going on at the FB page, I just felt the need to pop back into the mother ship to say hi.

And @cj9200 I've been stewing over this QB thing all week. All the media around here is eating up the fact that Purdue's last 2 starting QB's are going to be starting for SEC schools this weekend. And quite frankly, I wish we still had either of them. The guy who replaced Appleby last year never should have been given the job and he's only proving it this year. Hazell wanted someone to protect the ball. Appleby was getting his teeth knocked and was trying to play like Brett Favre with little to no talent around him and he was at least throwing as many TDs as INTs. His replacement is nowhere near as talented and has been throwing picks at an alarming rate. Pretty sure we'll be on our 4th new starter in 3 years within the next few weeks. Go Gators! Go Tigers!
Good to hear from you, welcome back and stay a while
Go Cubs! That is all.
Second, GO CUBS!
Steve Bartman is my hero.
Don't make me rethink that welcome back :rotfl:

Top O the Mornin Dads and a happy Friday Eve! We need Russia to loose today so that the kids of team North America can move and play Canada! Cheers guys

Afternoon Gents.

Brakes are fixed,so that's good; my cold is still hanging out so that sucks. The good news is that nobody seems to want to come in my office.

Top O the Mornin Dads and a happy Friday Eve! We need Russia to loose today so that the kids of team North America can move and play Canada! Cheers guys

The Kids vs Canada would be an interesting game. They've been fun to watch so far.

Welcome LSULakes. Glad your found your way over here from the running thread.

I've stayed at every DVC except HH. Have to do that sometime. Vero is nice but it is too similar to a Florida beach resort which I have done since I was a teenager so it isn't special to me. Aulani was unbelievable, hope to go back there sometime.
I could see how Vero would be meh if you stayed at other beach resorts. Several years ago we stayed at a resort in Duck Key. In terms of things to do there seemed to be a lot more down there, but it's pretty far away from Orlando.

We started with 180 BLT points, then quickly added 50 @SSR. We didn't realize how hard it would be to get a reservation t the 7 month mark. And the 180 BLT pts didn't g very far. And even at 11 mos., the standard views were gone quickly, forcing us to look at Lake view or theme park view. After the fact, we became remarkably wiser about the number of points that we needed and how we'd use them! We bought 75 more points at BLT.
We are usually booking less than 7 months out so we don't get a big advantage out of the home resort window. I hadn't realized it before but on our most recent trip I got to experience how much smaller the one bedroom lakeview rooms are than the 1 bedroom standard rooms that are on the front of BLT. Another reason why standard is better there.

Afternoon Gents.

Brakes are fixed,so that's good; my cold is still hanging out so that sucks. The good news is that nobody seems to want to come in my office..
I'm not sure whether or not it would be better or worse to hope for you to get better. I hope your cold does whatever you want it to do.

Happy Thursday. It is another beautiful day here, cool temps in the morning and sunny and warm in the afternoon. There is nothing new to report here - same daily swim & tennis - and vacation in a few weeks. Hope everyone has a great day.

Morning guys! Nice to see some "old" faces in here again!

Yeah, we've been here the whole time. Good to see you back this way.

Happy Thursday folks.

So the week-long stint of rain seems to be coming to and end. On the way to work this morning, I noticed that traffic was MUCH lighter than normal. Got to work and there was NO traffic at the gate and then only a handful of cars of the parking lot. Got inside and got to work. Finally, someone else comes in and asks why I'm in so early. Finally found out we were on a two-hour delay. Good news is, that I got everything done by 1130 that I had planned to all day.

Welcome LSULakes.

I'm not sure whether or not it would be better or worse to hope for you to get better. I hope your cold does whatever you want it to do.

They have to come see me eventually so I may as well get better.

Happy Thursday. It is another beautiful day here, cool temps in the morning and sunny and warm in the afternoon. There is nothing new to report here - same daily swim & tennis - and vacation in a few weeks. Hope everyone has a great day.

Now that Fall has arrived, how's campus?

Happy Thursday folks.

So the week-long stint of rain seems to be coming to and end. On the way to work this morning, I noticed that traffic was MUCH lighter than normal. Got to work and there was NO traffic at the gate and then only a handful of cars of the parking lot. Got inside and got to work. Finally, someone else comes in and asks why I'm in so early. Finally found out we were on a two-hour delay. Good news is, that I got everything done by 1130 that I had planned to all day.

:rotfl2: That's like getting ready for school on a Saturday.

We are usually booking less than 7 months out so we don't get a big advantage out of the home resort window. I hadn't realized it before but on our most recent trip I got to experience how much smaller the one bedroom lakeview rooms are than the 1 bedroom standard rooms that are on the front of BLT. Another reason why standard is better there.

I am pretty sure that there is a BLT thread that actually dimensions the rooms so you see a visual blueprint of where the rooms are small bc of the architectural design.

I am pretty sure that there is a BLT thread that actually dimensions the rooms so you see a visual blueprint of where the rooms are small bc of the architectural design.
there is. We used the room request from through touring plans that faxes your room request for you, but we didn't get any of the rooms we requested. It was more an general observation that we hadn't thought much about until we experienced the wide size discrepancies in one bedrooms. Because BLT is a curve the rooms on the inside of the curve are smaller than the rooms on the outside.

Evening boys, from merry old england. Too many nights out this week, so flaked out on the sofa.

We usually do 2 short trips a year with the kids and that makes it a little less expensive to have APs
We do the same with DL Paris. Except the rumours are the price is going to double in November. Which is a bit rich seeing as about a quarter of the park has been shut for 8 months.
:welcome: WELCOME TO THE DISDAD'S CLUB LSUlakes! :welcome:
Welcome mate!

There is nothing new to report here - same daily swim & tennis - and vacation in a few weeks
Ah, the life of Norm.
Brakes are fixed,so that's good
Set you back much?

Evening boys, from merry old england. Too many nights out this week, so flaked out on the sofa.

We do the same with DL Paris. Except the rumours are the price is going to double in November. Which is a bit rich seeing as about a quarter of the park has been shut for 8 months.
Started seeing rumors yesterday that WDW AP's may be changing for the worse in the near term. IE blackout dates around the opening of new attractions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter