DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Last one standing in La Cava for frozen Margaritas gets to take Jasmine home. And let me tell ya, if she asks you if you want to visit the cave of wonder, say YES. It's AWESOME. But a little bit dusty.
Just remember if you are looking for the diamond in the rough, it’s under the magic carpet.

How are you doing Jeff? Do you want to build a snowman... army?
Dude just with the snow drift on my front door I could build an army!

#Snowmageddon Day 2

Well we survived the night and thankfully did not lose power. About 10,000 others in the city have lost it.
City remains in state of emergency likely until tomorrow morning. Everyone is asked to remain at home, so that means my wife doesn’t have to go to work today. I’m working from home again.
Medical staff at the hospitals are essentially trapped there since no relief staff can get in.

We broke the one day snowfall record with 76.2 cm in 24 hours (that’s 30 inches) and it’s still snowing but at least not as heavy.
Sustained winds measured at 133 km/hour last night. That’s a category 1 (frozen) hurricane!

Last night we heard a bang against the side of the house. I suspect it’s a piece of my siding blown off my house. But it’s too bad for me to get out and check yet.
The wind was at the front of the house and has drifted almost all the way up my door. At least the door opens inward and shovels are inside. Pictures below. Note the cars across the road essentially buried.

3D3F692A-A096-4B84-9E25-AD387AA569A8.jpeg

2FB252F0-BDD0-40A3-8746-662546FE5E39.jpeg

#Snowmageddon Day 2

Well we survived the night and thankfully did not lose power. About 10,000 others in the city have lost it.
City remains in state of emergency likely until tomorrow morning. Everyone is asked to remain at home, so that means my wife doesn’t have to go to work today. I’m working from home again.
Medical staff at the hospitals are essentially trapped there since no relief staff can get in.

We broke the one day snowfall record with 76.2 cm in 24 hours (that’s 30 inches) and it’s still snowing but at least not as heavy.
Sustained winds measured at 133 km/hour last night. That’s a category 1 (frozen) hurricane!

Last night we heard a bang against the side of the house. I suspect it’s a piece of my siding blown off my house. But it’s too bad for me to get out and check yet.
The wind was at the front of the house and has drifted almost all the way up my door. At least the door opens inward and shovels are inside. Pictures below. Note the cars across the road essentially buried.

View attachment 465942

View attachment 465943

praying

Glad to hear you are all good Jeff. Hopefully not too much damage to the house. I would imagine the hospitals are looking for people with snowmobiles to help move staff around.

#Snowmageddon Day 2

View attachment 465942

View attachment 465943
Maybe some salt on the driveway would have helped, mate, I think you dropped the ball there.

(Stay safe my friend)

Afternoon chaps. Sunny and bright here in the mother country.
Went for a 3 mile run today with the young un on his bike following along. I have a 10k in a few weeks, so just tapering up. Back to the mother ship in Denmark on Monday for a couple of days.

To say I had a chuckle over this is an understatement.
So to summise, your receiving end makes fart noises as the wind picks up. Gotcha.

Quickly hides my "I don't drink coffee" card* You didn't see that. *looking nervously around*
What's that? Oo. Cookies. Moving on. Wheres that dude who don't like coffee or beer?

The Cave of Wonders looked really expansive to me. No way I could handle that.
And if you touch anything you're not supposed to, you get shouted at and the whole opportunity disappears.

Have a good Saturday boys.

Happy Saturday morning. EPL this morning while it's cold and rainy outside.

#Snowmageddon Day 2

View attachment 465942

View attachment 465943

We may not get 30 inches snow in multiple years combined. Prayers for you all.

Maybe some salt on the driveway would have helped, mate, I think you dropped the ball there.

I was thinking a flame thrower was more in order.

Afternoon gents! Lazy day today as I did stuff around the house last night as it is raining here all day. Dinner date with DW tonight after being away last week at DDCC.
#Snowmageddon Day 2

View attachment 465942

View attachment 465943
Stay safe Jeff. Glad to hear your as ok as can be under the circumstances.

Are you a fan of Curse of Oak Island? Have you ever thought of going on a tour of Oak Island? I've been thinking of going up this summer to check it out. Does anyone else want to join me? I am open on dates. Here is the Oak Island Tours website for more information. https://www.oakislandtours.ca/
FYI, the average high in August is 71 degrees.
safe_image.php

Are you a fan of Curse of Oak Island? Have you ever thought of going on a tour of Oak Island? I've been thinking of going up this summer to check it out. Does anyone else want to join me? I am open on dates. Here is the Oak Island Tours website for more information. https://www.oakislandtours.ca/
safe_image.php

We could make it DDCC North.

I've been thinking of going up this summer to check it out. Does anyone else want to join me?
We could make it DDCC North.
Keep me in mind, seriously
I’ve been thinking of visiting my SIL who lives in Lunenberg, close to Oak Island.
I've driven past Oak Island but never visited

Hey Randall, you know the pub they always go to in Mahone Bay? I’ve been there, but didn’t watch the show then. I should go again.

Snowmageddon update

So today cleared up a bit, enough to get out and assess things

I’ve lost 4 strips of siding from one side of the house. I’ve called insurance and adjuster will get out next week. I doubt the job will cost much more than my deductible though, so I’ll probably have to eat the cost. But it could have been worse.

Shovelling the driveway and doorstep was one of the hardest things I’ve done in a while. I could only manage a tunnel upto the door. Look below. The drift on the front step used to be the whole way across.

We used the snowblower on the driveway but at the “snow wall” which is actually the street. City plow tried to get up the street today made it past our house but couldn’t get farther than half way down and had turn around. I honestly don’t know when or how we’re getting out of here. It’ll melt by July but we’ll probably need milk by then.
Just adding pictures of the street to show the insanity of this. And yes that’s a snowmobile going down the street since there is no other way to get around.

Last sad news to report is that we can no longer make fun of Toronto. The army has been called in to help.

AF20B37F-F718-46BA-AA77-7E812A0A8700.jpeg

2997BF1C-651E-4F4E-BFFB-A3D38F4A5589.jpeg

4FFC9E71-E546-4478-B758-B79ABB9ABCC1.jpeg

29634C57-9658-4052-990D-516F1014333B.jpeg

Snowmageddon update

So today cleared up a bit, enough to get out and assess things

I’ve lost 4 strips of siding from one side of the house. I’ve called insurance and adjuster will get out next week. I doubt the job will cost much more than my deductible though, so I’ll probably have to eat the cost. But it could have been worse.

Shovelling the driveway and doorstep was one of the hardest things I’ve done in a while. I could only manage a tunnel upto the door. Look below. The drift on the front step used to be the whole way across.

We used the snowblower on the driveway but at the “snow wall” which is actually the street. City plow tried to get up the street today made it past our house but couldn’t get farther than half way down and had turn around. I honestly don’t know when or how we’re getting out of here. It’ll melt by July but we’ll probably need milk by then.
Just adding pictures of the street to show the insanity of this. And yes that’s a snowmobile going down the street since there is no other way to get around.

Last sad news to report is that we can no longer make fun of Toronto. The army has been called in to help.

I would imagine with all that wind it is packed down pretty good. Must be tough to move it.

Don't worry about the army coming in, Toronto had very little snow when they called them in.

I would imagine with all that wind it is packed down pretty good. Must be tough to move it.
It is. It was "crunchy blocks". Great if you're making igloos. Not so much if you're shovelling a doorway full of it.

Don't worry about the army coming in, Toronto had very little snow when they called them in.
True. They were just worried they couldn't get their frappucinos at Starbucks.

Well it's official, I applied to an apartment today. Finally going to be moving out of MILs house and back out on our own again!
Hey! Good for you!
A Canadian who doesn't drink beer, sounds un-Americain to me.
Sorry.
Or coffee. I'll get the pitchforks.
Sor… HEY!!!
Tough one, but I'd say the court job. It'll be with the state so I can get into the pension system.
Then I hope you get that one... but since it's a "tough one" to decide, sounds like either one would be good.
An un-American Canadian? :rotfl2:
Sorry.
Probably doesn't like poutine or maple syrop either and doesn't curl.
I don't curl. Can't stand the sport. Boring.
I can take it or leave it when it comes to maple syrup.

But I do like poutine.
Or fancy a cheeky bunk up with Neve Campbell.
Wouldn't say no to that!
Image result for sexy neve campbell
We'll be suffering tomorrow, too. We may get up to 1 cm of snow.
Oh, no! The horror!
I bet he was even rude to someone once.
But only once.
And I apologized.

Twice.
Just remember if you are looking for the diamond in the rough, it’s under the magic carpet.
:laughing:
Holy crap...
:eek:
safe_image.php
While I am a fan and would like to go... I don't think it's going to happen this year.
However...
I've driven past Oak Island but never visited
… I drove past it too a couple years ago. Not too sure why I didn't visit. :sad2:
You still have heat. Yup. Could've been worse.
Shovelling the driveway and doorstep was one of the hardest things I’ve done in a while.
After seeing that photo... Not surprised!
Nah. They had approximately 17 flakes of snow. You had slightly more.
That looks like so much fun!!!

No?

Morning, gents.
Little under an hour to go until I'm off.
Been at work the last 16 hours and it's still snowing (since a couple days ago).
Thinking I might have a bit more shoveling to do when I get home.
(But nothing like what Jeff's been having!)
Have a good Sunday, folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!