DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much of significance around here just empty nesting and dealing with the post holidays / DDCC apocalypse. DW is fighting off a sinus infection and strained something in her neck a week ago that she now needs to get looked at so she's not been her normal self.
That must have been a lot of bourbon. Sad that you didn't invite me.
I didn't invite anybody including myself. Heck Randall invited me to what I somehow setup. You got invited some way as you have been part of the football chats in that group?
If you're plan is to retire at Disney, you'll need a bazillion dollars.
I was referencing Randall but I will hopefully be able to enjoy DaWorld multiple times a year as well when retired. Besides, always a chance with the lottery to hit it big.
One of my favorite areas of all the parks to just sit and take in the atmosphere.
This phrase always makes me think of the intro to "Hart to Hart", that shockingly bad detective series in the 80s.
:rotfl2:
350 Days till DDCC 9 - who's coming?????

11 month window opens in 15 days for those using DVC points!
I'm planning on it

I didn't invite anybody including myself. Heck Randall invited me to what I somehow setup. You got invited some way as you have been part of the football chats in that group?

Wondering if maybe you were hacked. Someone created the page with your account and had you leave the group. Did you leave your Facebook page open with the kids were home?

Yes and in my opinion, it's a royal pain in the alien swirling saucers.

You need to be there by 6:30 at the latest. Get in the park by 7am, because at 7, you must be on your phone attempting to get a boarding group

Once you have a boarding group, then you must wait until they call it and then wait again in the queue to actually ride. All the while hoping the ride doesn't go down (which I've heard it does quite often)

I think it's a great ride, but with all the hullabaloo, I'm not rushing back for it any time soon.

So basically what you're saying is that we should wait until all the kinks are worked out. Got it. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Ah, sorry man. That sucks. Onwards and Upwards.

Thanks, man...do appreciate it. And yes, on wards and upwards. See below

Dang. Sorry, man. Hope the other opportunity comes through for you.

Thanks, man...appreciate it. See below

Sorry @CapeCodTenor about not getting the job...was hoping that would work out.

Thanks, man...appreciate it.

Since this happened, a friend of mind texted me about an opportunity at the US District Court in Boston for a Docketing Clerk's position, a position I held for 13 years in the private sector. I'm going to apply for it tonight after I get home from work...so we'll see how that goes. Also, a local law firm is looking for someone with extensive docketing experience, something I have in spades, which I have already applied to...so we'll see about that one as well.

What color Lego's did you want, Darcy?
He can have any colour he likes if he spells it right 😉

My preferred coloUr would be blue but I better check with Tanya first. ;)

Since this happened, a friend of mind texted me about an opportunity at the US District Court in Boston for a Docketing Clerk's position, a position I held for 13 years in the private sector. I'm going to apply for it tonight after I get home from work...so we'll see how that goes. Also, a local law firm is looking for someone with extensive docketing experience, something I have in spades, which I have already applied to...so we'll see about that one as well.

Image result for good luck we're all counting on you meme

Sound like great fits for you. Good luck!

Happy Wednesday. Working both jobs today, but I took a few minutes to stop by and say hello. You all have been very chatty today.

BTW, Wild Africa Trek booked. That was $805, but I'm excited. Kilimanjaro Safari may be my favorite ride at Disney World, and I get a 3 hour tour. Decided to skip restaurant ADRs since we've done so many, so each of us picked 1. 1900 Park Fare breakfast, Flying Fish, Via Napoli, and Kona are the only ones booked. I can't stand TS in MK, we have Landry's card for AK, eat & drink around the world at Epcot, so that only leaves DHS.

Hey, Dads! Late post for me, but had the morning off for my interview. Interview went well enough, though it's tough to gauge how I did from the reactions from the two who were interviewing me. Still haven't heard anything from the court, and hope to hear soon because I'd rather work for them. Anyways, good day over all.

Edited to Add:

Just got an email from the court: They chose someone else. Figures. I knew I had too much experience for them. I may have to go back to work in Boston, something I'm not wanting to do (that would be a 2 hour commute one way), but at this point I may have no choice. I'm going to go home and get drunk tonight.

I forget what year it was, but back in early 2000's there was a January that was in the negative digits for most of the month, man it was brutal, so i feel your pain. I remember when it finally hit 30 degrees people were out in shorts and short sleeves...including me.

How'd the store run go? Hope you guys were able to get something.

I did that one year. We had blizzard after blizzard, and I ran out of places to put snow. Well, this guy was driving down the street in a front end loader. I asked if he'd shove the snow piles back for me so I'd have a place to put the snow. Gave him $10 to do it. Like you said, best $10 I spent.

Always wanted to visit Prague.

Sorry to hear about the job. A two hour commute is rough though. Have to consider that when you apply.

Morning boys from the mother country. 10k run this morning. Ow ow ow ow ow. Out for dinner tonight, not sure where.

Prague is pretty.
Kladno is not. But we have a factory there, and it's where a fair few if the big special 3D Lego models are made (like Big Ben, The Beijing temple, etc etc), so I need them to do some shizzle for me. I'm also building a store in Prague airport, so I'm swinging by to visit. That will be fun for them.

Ah, sorry man. That sucks. Onwards and Upwards.

This phrase always makes me think of the intro to "Hart to Hart", that shockingly bad detective series in the 80s.

Its not the running, its the push off that kills ya.

Hey Scott. You sorted out a new bacon supplier yet?

Yes. Yes she is.

Have a great day chaps.

Congrats on the run.

As for tennis, no, I don't push off for the ball either. I can barely push off my left knee to go up a stair. If I can't reach it, then I'm not going for it.

Yes and in my opinion, it's a royal pain in the alien swirling saucers.

You need to be there by 6:30 at the latest. Get in the park by 7am, because at 7, you must be on your phone attempting to get a boarding group

Once you have a boarding group, then you must wait until they call it and then wait again in the queue to actually ride. All the while hoping the ride doesn't go down (which I've heard it does quite often)

I think it's a great ride, but with all the hullabaloo, I'm not rushing back for it any time soon.

We will be there in July. Hopefully, it won't be that way then.

I agree! Although I prefer the title of Emperor or G.O.A.T. 🐐

Or, GAOT. Greatest @$$ of time.

Top O the Mornin Dads! Not much of significance around here just empty nesting and dealing with the post holidays / DDCC apocalypse. DW is fighting off a sinus infection and strained something in her neck a week ago that she now needs to get looked at so she's not been her normal self.

I was referencing Randall but I will hopefully be able to enjoy DaWorld multiple times a year as well when retired. Besides, always a chance with the lottery to hit it big.

One of my favorite areas of all the parks to just sit and take in the atmosphere.

I'm planning on it

I got the FB invite. I wanted the bourbon invite.

Last edited:

Good luck! Keep throwing darts, one of them is bound to hit the target.

BTW, Wild Africa Trek booked. That was $805, but I'm excited. Kilimanjaro Safari may be my favorite ride at Disney World, and I get a 3 hour tour.

Cool. Looking forward to hearing about that one.

Holy crap do I need some sleep. Hours away, yet.
what day is it? Feels like a day ends in "y".

Well...you are correct! So you've got that going for you, which is nice.

I'm free! I'm free!

Morning gents. Well, I left the house this morning for the first time in a week. Things are nearly back to normal. Schools/university/public transit still closed until Monday since the roads still are not wide enough to be safe for kids and large buses. But everyone is allowed to go back to work and open offices/stores.
Streets driving to work were OK, a bit narrow in some places (like a 4 lane street is really 3 lanes) and there's massive snow banks on the side, but it's manageable if you are careful.
My street just has the one cut still, the city is slowly getting around to widen streets with the big blowers (pic below if you aren't familiar with it, except the banks are way higher now than in that picture). It's taking a long time because normally with less snow the plows can just push it around. Now there is nowhere to move it, so it has to be removed and trucked to a dumping site.
Supermarkets are getting shelves re-stocked. DW couldn't get bread the other day so she just came home and made a few loaves. It's better than store bought anyway.
Kids are thrilled about missing school . Until I reminded them that since they have missed a week of instruction, there is a good chance extra time will be tacked on at the end of the year, cutting into their summer break. Nobody said life was fair.

1579784604372.jpeg

Well...you are correct!
Woot! A rare event! Break out the champagne.
Morning gents. Well, I left the house this morning for the first time in a week.
"...looked around and said "F it" and went back inside and binge watched The Mandalorian. Fell in love with baby Yoda."
Schools/university/public transit still closed until Monday since the roads still are not wide enough to be safe for kids and large buses. But everyone is allowed to go back to work and open offices/stores.
A light at the end of the proverbial (snow) tunnel.
the big blowers
Dated one, once.
DW couldn't get bread the other day so she just came home and made a few loaves. It's better than store bought anyway.
Much better! Man, I haven't baked bread in over a decade. Need to do that again.
Kids are thrilled about missing school .
Ha! I bet.
Until I reminded them that since they have missed a week of instruction, there is a good chance extra time will be tacked on at the end of the year, cutting into their summer break. Nobody said life was fair.
:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts