DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

In KY politics, yesterday, a Circuit Court Judge issued a restraining order against the governor for making executive orders. 1 hour later, the governor issued a new executive order for everyone to wear masks. The Senate President, House Speaker, and AG signed a letter indicating they would take action against the Governor. All of this is really helping solve everything.

My daughter and I have asthma too, so that makes me leery of traveling too much. The virus growth appears to be getting out of control again, so I would expect the death rate to go back up in a couple weeks--it will always lag behind the number of positive cases.

Thankfully, Georgia, Florida, & Tennessee have been opened for over a month without new spikes in deaths. There are still 2 weeks before we travel. I guess if there is spike increase in deaths, WDW and/or Florida will close.

Nope, MK's Main Street and Hub are the only place in WDW that doesn't have benches like every 20 feet or so. I have to admit I do have a sitting fetish in my old age...

I like benches too, Chief. I'm too old, fat, and injured to be walking around all day.

Hey guys...doing a drive by. I missed a few ages, so I hope everyone is doing OK.
Been busy working, almost 14 days of pay in the bank now.
Starting to make up for the 6+ weeks of pay I missed.
Normally my schedule was 14 days on, 7 days off. However one of my co-workers (who would replace me when I took the 7 days off) has had a death in his family and has asked for time off.
Of course I would work extra anyway, but I don't mind having some extra pay now.
I hope that doesn't seem insensitive, and I certainly sympathize with my co-worker and I hope he does OK and comes back to work when he feels he's ready, but my bank account could use the extra cash right now.

Sounds like you resolved an issue for all involved. Prayers for your co-worker and his family.

Increasing the slope on the lawn section so you can watch the parade from the back.
Make the castle a full walkthrough will classic Disney art.

It is really loud though behind the castle with the fireworks.

Did it!
DD & I ran our first 5K today.
I worked the night shift, got to bed late, woke up early, so... hey, sure, let's run 5K.

Congratulations.

Afternoon gents! Work is really challenging right now and will leave it at that. Really need a WDW trip. Not to be political for for the love of Mike folks out there lets social distance, face mask and hygiene - it can only help. Sat outside last night with temps over 90 with a mask on to test one out for comfort in advance of DaWorld - was pretty comfortable - Stay Safe me hearties!

TBT

You had me until mask. Disney's expert scientist has now determined bandanas and gaiters aren't effective against it and can't be worn in the parks. But other cloth masks are effective? Not buying it.

Last edited:
Morning dads from an overcast and rainy Orlando. Working from home today, so enjoying being able to watch hummingbirds fight over food. I have a feeder outside my office and have a camera set up. Love watching them in general, but funny watching them fight over it...as if there isn't plenty there!!! :lmao:

Remodeling...
First step is hit IASM with an M1A1 with 10 or so rounds. @londontime ... bring on your taser. The armor will more than protect me. Actually, really liked @Captain_Oblivious idea of being able to shoot the dolls. That would be a big improvement and AC/DC would get me in the mood as well.

Okay, now that that's out of the way...
Absolutely bring back Mr Toad's wild ride. Re-do the Friar's tuck area....it's sooo slow and the lines are poorly laid out. Would also prefer having 20,000 leagues under the sea back, but have to admit, the Ariel ride is pretty cool and wouldn't want to upset @pkondz Ditto what he said about track on PPF.

Change the line for 7DMT. Crappy layout. What would be cool would be have an overhead area (similar to bridge for the former SM) :sad: to watch as the trains go by while you're waiting. While we're at it, make the cars adult male friendly.

Morning, Gents! Well, we made it Friday and that means just a few more hours until the weekend begins. Things are going pretty good for me so far this week. Took yesterday off so I could be home for when the new appliances arrive, we got 2 of the 4 yesterday. The stove and the dishwasher are on back order. Actually, the dishwasher, the one we ordered at least, as it turns out, is being discontinued....something the salesman should have known when he placed the order, but for some reason he didn't know. So who knows when the dishwasher we did order will come in. Oh well, it'll come in when it comes in. So far today things are pretty quite here at work, to the point I was told by the lead in the stockroom: "Go do what you want?" Me: "Really?!" (Yeah, I know, never question, but I did) SR Lead "Yep. Wanna look for work, go for it." Me: "Ok." So here I sit at my computer cruising the Dis and planning a vacation with money I don't have and a DW who hasn't given me permission yet. But when the time comes for a trip, I'll have done all my planning. I think the planning is have a fun. Well, have a good day, Gents.

TTFN

Nope, MK's Main Street and Hub are the only place in WDW that doesn't have benches like every 20 feet or so. I have to admit I do have a sitting fetish in my old age...

I'm right there with ya. At some point I gotta stop and take a rest.

I was disappointed this morning to find out that today marks the last day of nude recreation week and I missed all the events.

When I read this, I think of the line from M*A*S*H where Hawkeye says, when asked, by Col. Potter (I think): "Boy, you really do get into these nudie magazines, don't you?" Hawkeye: "I only read them for the volleyball scores." 😆

I like benches too, Chief. I'm too old, fat, and injured to be walking around all day.

Right there with ya. There was a time I could go all day at Disney world. Now? Ain't happening.

You don't need permission to plan. Lol.
I have been working on 5-6 plans since we got home from out 2013 trip just in case I get to pull one out. Like when she said we could take the trip with our DD. Boom! 10 min later I had the itenerary and pricing all pulled together.

😆 That's awesome! And it's true, you don't need to have permission to plan. :thumbsup2

Chocolate Chocolate Chip? Does that fly?
::yes::
I reckon you could fit both of those back in instead of Philarmagic.
Update Philharmagic. I like it, but it's getting a little dated now and I don't think the 3D is as good as it could be.
Beat me to it. I think they could do a lot more with it now.
the coffee is going down like a hooker in the back alley.
Because she slipped? Is she okay?
Heading to visit my parents this weekend, haven't done that since January.
Very nice! I'm sure they're relieved, too.
I was disappointed this morning to find out that today marks the last day of nude recreation week and I missed all the events.
I suspect there may be a few people who are not disappointed you missed the events.
Beat me to that one, too.
In KY politics, yesterday, a Circuit Court Judge issued a restraining order against the governor for making executive orders. 1 hour later, the governor issued a new executive order for everyone to wear masks. The Senate President, House Speaker, and AG signed a letter indicating they would take action against the Governor. All of this is really helping solve everything.
:sad2:
Congratulations.
Thanks!
Would also prefer having 20,000 leagues under the sea back, but have to admit, the Ariel ride is pretty cool and wouldn't want to upset @pkondz
Wrong. I 1,000% support bringing back 20,000 Leagues.
Actually, the dishwasher, the one we ordered at least, as it turns out, is being discontinued....something the salesman should have known when he placed the order, but for some reason he didn't know. So who knows when the dishwasher we did order will come in.
Welcome to the world of home appliances. I think we waited over a month for our oven that was supposedly in stock and available. It might have been ready earlier than that, but then I had to wait a bit on the installer, too.

Did it!
DD & I ran our first 5K today.
I worked the night shift, got to bed late, woke up early, so... hey, sure, let's run 5K.

That's great! Congratulations!

What a great shot!!

That is an awesome picture!

According to the sign, you may get wet. Jus sayin. Great photo mate.

Thanks, guys. That one shot made the waterproof camera worth it for that trip.

Oh look! There's that d!ckhead who pushed in front wriggling on the floor with taser triggered convulsions. Looks like he needs to re-visit one of the stores for a new pair of shorts.

Serves him right!

Armchair Imagineering - Day 3. "Old Fantasyland". Everything between the Turrets and Wall by Friars Nook, around to Rapunzels tower.

Off you go chaps, have a good ol swing. And if anyone takes a shot at IASW, the taser is coming out again. Fair warning.

Of all the hills to die on, that's the one, huh? Fine.

Still, give me my targets and laser guns and bomb effects. Call it It's a Small War. Done.
Agree on widening the bottleneck at PP and IaSW.
Philharmagic is pretty dated now. The screen is dark and blurry. I'd call for an update, but I like the idea of bringing back Mr. Toad's Wild Ride better. Let's do that there.
Better menu at Pinocchio Haus.
The Night Winnie The Pooh Dropped Acid is not a great ride. I wasn't a huge fan of the Snow White ride either, though. My proposal would be to use that space as additional track for 7DMT. The mine train is too short of a ride, especially when you have to justify the wait. Build a bridge/tunnel over the walkway so guests are walking underneath as mine trains fly over them and make use the Pooh ride area for more track.
I like the idea of bringing back the Sword in the Stone show too.
And what the he!!, give Randall a bench or two.

Welcome to the world of home appliances. I think we waited over a month for our oven that was supposedly in stock and available. It might have been ready earlier than that, but then I had to wait a bit on the installer, too.

Yeah, you're probably right...I'd be lucky to get the rest of my stuff by August

Morning chaps on a Sunny Saturday. Fence panels coming later today, so that will take up much of my Sunday.
Had a bit of a result last night, we had friends round for some dinner and a few drinkypoos, and we were having the conversation about the whole holiday thing, and they offered us their holiday house in Cornwall, down on the SW Coast, (where the Lady K was born) for a week gratis. So there you go, if we go back into lockdown, no money lost, and its like a 5 min drive to the beach if its all OK.

So, we have strolled around "New Old Fantasyland", ridden on Peter Pan with a bigger London scene and improved track and loading mechanism, taken the Docsoliday VIP Boat on IASW, with its reduced speed to really enjoy the attraction and take in the full wonder of the soundtrack (delivered by its own in boat speakers), and ridden Mr Toads Wild Ride (which is now trackless). We had a cheeky snack in the new improved Pinnochio Haus, sitting on Randall's Bench no 254, admiring the shrubs and inhaling that sweet Soarin' scent, while watching the Sword in the Stone Show. Randall would be sitting here, but he's in a meeting with finance on why the seating budget is at 650% of original projections, and he came to work in a Lambo.
We had a great meet with Cinderella, flipping Elena of Avalor the middle finger on our way past. That'll learn her. I'm not sure what she did to offend us, but we are a team, so she can do one. Right Jeff?
We pop over for a craft beer on tap in the new "Snuggly Duckling Tavern" in Rapunzels courtyard, washing down a Pascals Pretzel. The Carousel, now refurbed with all the horses from the movies is nice and busy. We've got a couple of hours to kill, so we wander through the wall where Drizella is plying her trade, so to speak. Maybe Darcy should offer her a coffee.
7DMT is now an extended 2 track ride, so now the queue is only an hour. 20000 Leagues is back, and Ariel has been shunted over to Princess Fairytale Hall.

It's now time to lick the tip of our pencils, get out the virtual notebooks and turn our attention to Storybook Circus.

Have a great Saturday guys.

Fence panels coming later today, so that will take up much of my Sunday.
Fence panels? Not individual pieces of wood?
we were having the conversation about the whole holiday thing, and they offered us their holiday house in Cornwall, down on the SW Coast, (where the Lady K was born) for a week gratis.
Not bad!
taken the Docsoliday VIP Boat on IASW, with its reduced speed to really enjoy the attraction and take in the full wonder of the soundtrack (delivered by its own in boat speakers)
You are a very cruel man.
It's now time to lick the tip of our pencils, get out the virtual notebooks and turn our attention to Storybook Circus.
Burn it all down.

Ha ha. Of course, I'm kidding. Just wall it off and never, ever speak of it again.

Ever.

One more hour to go... then days off.

So... I know politics is out of bounds and all, but... as a non-US citizen, I really am curious about something.
Can Kanye West really just announce he's running for President and it be a real thing (which would make Kim Kardashian the First Lady... think about that!) or is it like Michael Scott on The Office declaring bankruptcy by just shouting it out?

Followed closely after by:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter