DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Morning from a very wet Westfield NB. It's been raining all weekend, so yesterday I changed the oil in my wife's car,washed it clay barred and gave it two coats of wax.
Today I got groceries, going to make bread then sew a car cover for the SRT.
Happy Sunday guys.
Morning boys.
Crappy night’s “sleep” (defined as mostly lying there wishing I could sleep) but not surprising after 4 midnight shifts.
Hope everyone’s doing good on a Sunday.
Hopefully you can get a nap in sometime today.

Morning from a very wet Westfield NB. It's been raining all weekend, so yesterday I changed the oil in my wife's car,washed it clay barred and gave it two coats of wax.
Today I got groceries, going to make bread then sew a car cover for the SRT.
Happy Sunday guys.
Busy!
But... you know that washing a car makes it rain, right?
Hopefully you can get a nap in sometime today.
Not really much of a napper.

Busy!

Not really much of a napper.

Noooo, I washed mine too, so it's going to rain for days. Well it been too dry here and we needed the rain. So can I take credit for the rain? ::yes::

Last edited:
Happy Sunday. The graduation party was a success. We delayed it until the Governor said it was safe to gather, so hopefully we will all be healthy. I had almost everything packed back up when a storm came thru. Otherwise, I would have been chasing tents down the road.

"write in candidate"... does that mean when you go to the polls, you can just write his name in on the ballot?

In KY, yes. I could write in your name for President. On the impossible chance you would win, if you didn't register, then everyone with your name would have claims on the office.

Now, we did have a nearby precinct vote (not mine) to decide if their part of the county would be wet (serve alcohol) or dry. It doesn't make sense that the rest of the County was wet, but one little precinct held out. So, they advertised the election, counted the votes, the total was 9 for and 9 against. The vote was decided by a coin toss, and dry won. It was disputed because they let the coin drop to the ground and it bounced and hit a foot. No re-flip was allowed. Two years later, they did a re-vote and alcohol won. All of this sanctioned in our election laws. Feeling more confident in our government?

Not sure why, but when I've been posting lately, the text stays in my browser making me think I haven't.

Dupe post again.

The irony of the IT guy struggling with the webpage.

Had a nice productive day today. Actually got the youngest out of bed to help me build her rabbit cage. We were supposed to be raising pigs for the county show but we lost both litters 😟. So now we will be buying rabbits.
She stayed outside with me for a couple hours till she got too hot. I managed to finish up before around 3. It was only 101F up to 104F right now. Gonna sit here and have a beer and watch the outside thru the window till shade gets over the backyard and I can go out again.

Sorry to hear about the pigs. FIL raises rabbits, but only for dinner.

Busy!

I never liked washing the car. I wash it by waiting for it to rain, and then back out of the garage. :lmao:

Last edited:
Noooo, I washed mine too, so it's going to rain for days. Well it been too dry here and we needed the rain. So can I take credit for the rain? ::yes::
Yes. That’s allowed.

The graduation party was a success.
Great!
had almost everything packed back up when a storm came thru. Otherwise, I would have been chasing tents down the road.
Phew! Good timing!
In KY, yes. I could write in your name for President. On the impossible chance you would win, if you didn't register, then everyone with your name would have claims on the office.
Last I looked, only one person in North America shared my name. And he’s probably gone by now. So no worries there.

But wouldn’t I be excluded since I’m not a US citizen??
Now, we did have a nearby precinct vote (not mine) to decide if their part of the county would be wet (serve alcohol) or dry. It doesn't make sense that the rest of the County was wet, but one little precinct held out. So, they advertised the election, counted the votes, the total was 9 for and 9 against. The vote was decided by a coin toss, and dry won. It was disputed because they let the coin drop to the ground and it bounced and hit a foot. No re-flip was allowed. Two years later, they did a re-vote and alcohol won. All of this sanctioned in our election laws. Feeling more confident in our government?
:eek:
The irony of the IT guy struggling with the webpage.
:lmao:
Pretty sure that's how it works here in Maryland too. So, pkondz for President?
I was gonna say something, but will firmly keep mouth shut. :rolleyes2

I accept the nomination. But... see above.

Morning guys.

I had some new neighbours move in Friday.
I wasn't particularly close with the old ones, but we would have an occasional chat so I was sad to see them go.
Newbies decided to have a party on their back deck last night, which is very close to my living room window, and DDs bedroom on the upstairs floor. They did shut it up around 11:00pm, but I hope they don't make a habit of it. I'm and old man and get off my lawn!

Morning guys.

I had some new neighbours move in Friday.
I wasn't particularly close with the old ones, but we would have an occasional chat so I was sad to see them go.
Newbies decided to have a party on their back deck last night, which is very close to my living room window, and DDs bedroom on the upstairs floor. They did shut it up around 11:00pm, but I hope they don't make a habit of it. I'm and old man and get off my lawn!
Yikes. Hopefully it’s just housewarming.
Hopefully you can get some rest on your day off.
Nope. Busy today.

Last I looked, only one person in North America shared my name. And he’s probably gone by now. So no worries there.

But wouldn’t I be excluded since I’m not a US citizen??
Talking Homer Simpson GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Afternoon Gents.

Back from a nice visit with my parents and saw one brother as well. The other was out shopping for an air conditioner so we said next time. Another muggy day here, possibly some thunder and lighting throughout the evening so maybe we'll get a show later.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.

6ft panels mate
No messin'

Are those going to be high enough to allow for your nude sunbathing?

Morning chaps. Monday morning (la laaaah la la la)
Abandoned 5k this morning at 3k as the Ds's little mate fell over and scraped his leg. Hey ho.

Back on the diet today, had a bad eating week.

Are those going to be high enough to allow for your nude sunbathing?
Thanks for the compliment. 6ft would be plenty. 6 inches would be plenty, to be fair. Apart from my furlough belly at the minute.

so maybe we'll get a show later.
No fence panels from next door then?
They did shut it up around 11:00pm, but I hope they don't make a habit of it.
That sounds promising. If they cut a party off at that time, it sounds like they are considering the neighbours. So maybe not as bad as you fear.
So, pkondz for President?
I'll write him in to my non-existent vote.
We are an AG family so she understands but she had a period she was upset. She knew going in they weren't pets. Still hurts after all the hours she put in on them.
I bet. All the best to the young un.
I think polite people can have a discussion about politics and religion. Sometimes, we learn something new or perhaps consider something we hadn't before. It's really only the closed minded folks that have a problem.
This.

Have a great day guys

Last edited:
6ft panels mate
No messin
If you were taller (or got a step stool) you could be like Wilson and just see from the eyes up.

Okay, so... question stands. On voting day, can everyone in every State vote for anyone who's said they're running for President?
They can write in anyone. Mickey Mouse has gotten write in votes before. Doesn't mean they matter or maybe even count if they're not registered, but can be done.

We are an AG family so she understands but she had a period she was upset. She knew going in they weren't pets. Still hurts after all the hours she put in on them
AG? Agriculture? I understand. Grew up on a farm and even though they're not pets, you kinda get to know them and they have their own unique personalities (to an extent)

Had a boar once that was a (short for Richard)
Was shoveling grain into feeder and he came over and bit my leg. Hit him in the snout with the shovel. He kinda sluffed it off and meandered away. Most of you may not know this, but their snout is very solid/tough. Next day, I brought my aluminum baseball bat with me. Bit me again and I popped him with the bat (fairly hard). Again, he just snorted, shook his head a bit and walked away. I said fine...I'll fix you. Brought a cattle prod with me the next day. He started to come at me and I took a step back and nailed him in the cojones with the cattle prod. I'm guessing they heard the squeal the next county over and he took off. Never messed with me again.

You may ask "why bother?" Pigs are carnivores by nature. They only eat grain/veggies because we make them. If he had drawn blood, I could have been done for. When pigs smell blood, it's similar to a feeding frenzy with sharks. Saw more than one chicken disappear in a flury of feathers.

Morning All. Another hot and sticky one today so good day to be in the AC. This morning's meeting was just rescheduled until tomorrow so that means the MLS game between TFC and D.C. United will be on in the office.

Have a good one all.

Morning chaps. Monday morning (la laaaah la la la)
Abandoned 5k this morning at 3k as the Ds's little mate fell over and scraped his leg. Hey ho.

I felt like abandoning my 5K this morning but I stuck it out. Tell that kid to suck it up! ;)

No fence panels from next door then?

Nope, just lots of trees.

taken the Docsoliday VIP Boat on IASW, with its reduced speed to really enjoy the attraction and take in the full wonder of the soundtrack (delivered by its own in boat speakers),

I couldn't help but notice my laser guns and targets have been overlooked.

Do we get to hear your ideas on these re-models, or are you just voting by omission?

Burn it all down.

Ha ha. Of course, I'm kidding. Just wall it off and never, ever speak of it again.

Ever.

I mean...you're not wrong.

This is also a good candidate to extend the 7DMT track.

So... I know politics is out of bounds and all, but... as a non-US citizen, I really am curious about something.
Can Kanye West really just announce he's running for President and it be a real thing (which would make Kim Kardashian the First Lady... think about that!) or is it like Michael Scott on The Office declaring bankruptcy by just shouting it out?

So as others have said, each state has certain requirements to officially be listed on the ballot. Those vary by state, as do the requirements for write-in candidates. The write-in vote basically serves as a protest vote, if someone doesn't like the two major party candidates or has some other principle they want to draw attention to. A cynic would say the person writing in someone's name is "throwing their vote away". I actually did do a write-in vote in the last major election, because I didn't feel either candidate was someone I could support.

Morning, Gents! Just a quick check in to say hey. Had a pretty good weekend, kind of an expensive weekend, but a good one. Had a virtual family reunion via Zoom on Saturday, so that was fun. Got to meet a bunch of second cousins I've never met before. And then the A/C in the DW's car decided to die on us, as did one of the A/C units in the house (window A/C units). My lawnmower decided it had had enough and went to the big lawn in the sky. I tried to get it fixed by calling a guy who does house calls (yeah, I thought that was pretty cool, too). He took a look at it, hooked up a gauge, tried to start it and then told me that it wasn't worth it. So off to Home Depot to get a new mower. By Sunday I had had enough and said, "That's it, I'm done! DW: "Done with what?" Me: "Being an adult, get your bathing suits on family because we're heading to the beach." So we went to the beach to play in the sand with the DD and then play Marco Polo in the water. Oh, and to get get ice cream from the ice cream truck, twice! That's exactly what I needed. Have a good day.

TTFN

I mean...you're not wrong.

This is also a good candidate to extend the 7DMT track
Nope. Not wrong at all. I could (WOULD) support this. Either put the track under the walkway or over. Either would be cool.

"That's it, I'm done! DW: "Done with what?" Me: "Being an adult, get your bathing suits on family because we're heading to the beach."
Ouch!

Good for you. Very appropriate response.

Morning, folks.
Not much planned for the day. Couple of errands, making dinner... about it. Rainy day today, so no outside work. Glad I mowed the lawn yesterday.

Aw, poor tyke.

I've been mostly doing 2K-4K runs. Still waiting on DD to do an "official" 5K. After that, we'll see.
Last night took another crack at doing an 18 minute 3K. Been trying off and on for a while now. First K was 6:03 and thought it wouldn't happen again, but finished with a 17:36. Woot! Beat my best by half a minute. May have been a bit out of breath and dizzy afterwards. :laughing:
Back on the diet today, had a bad eating week.
Been doing that too. Down 20lbs (okay... 19) as of this morning. About 10-15 to go to where I want to be.
I'll write him in to my non-existent vote.
Just mail it in. Apparently, that works.
They can write in anyone. Mickey Mouse has gotten write in votes before. Doesn't mean they matter or maybe even count if they're not registered, but can be done.
Ah! Okay, now I'm starting to see the picture.
Had a boar once that was a (short for Richard)
Rich? Because he was wealthy? Had lots of grain?

:rolleyes:
Was shoveling grain into feeder and he came over and bit my leg. Hit him in the snout with the shovel. He kinda sluffed it off and meandered away.
Whoa.
Next day, I brought my aluminum baseball bat
🤣 I literally stopped there and laughed!
I said fine...I'll fix you. Brought a cattle prod with me the next day.
:lmao:
He started to come at me and I took a step back and nailed him in the cojones with the cattle prod. I'm guessing they heard the squeal the next county over and he took off. Never messed with me again.
:rotfl2: :rotfl:
Saw more than one chicken disappear in a flury of feathers.
Yikes!
So as others have said, each state has certain requirements to officially be listed on the ballot. Those vary by state, as do the requirements for write-in candidates. The write-in vote basically serves as a protest vote, if someone doesn't like the two major party candidates or has some other principle they want to draw attention to. A cynic would say the person writing in someone's name is "throwing their vote away". I actually did do a write-in vote in the last major election, because I didn't feel either candidate was someone I could support.
ohhhhkay.
So let me get this straight. You can write in any name and it may or may not count as a vote, depending on the State.
I presume then if you're registered in a State, that your name would be on the ballot?
Had a virtual family reunion via Zoom on Saturday, so that was fun.
Nice!
And then the A/C in the DW's car decided to die on us, as did one of the A/C units in the house (window A/C units). My lawnmower decided it had had enough and went to the big lawn in the sky
Wow. Pricey weekend.
"That's it, I'm done! DW: "Done with what?" Me: "Being an adult, get your bathing suits on family because we're heading to the beach."
Good!
How far away is the beach?

And then the A/C in the DW's car decided to die on us, as did one of the A/C units in the house (window A/C units). My lawnmower decided it had had enough and went to the big lawn in the sky. I tried to get it fixed by calling a guy who does house calls (yeah, I thought that was pretty cool, too). He took a look at it, hooked up a gauge, tried to start it and then told me that it wasn't worth it. So off to Home Depot to get a new mower. By Sunday I had had enough and said, "That's it, I'm done! DW: "Done with what?" Me: "Being an adult, get your bathing suits on family because we're heading to the beach." So we went to the beach to play in the sand with the DD and then play Marco Polo in the water. Oh, and to get get ice cream from the ice cream truck, twice! That's exactly what I needed. Have a good day.

Well, they say things happen in threes, so hopefully the 2 A/C units plus the lawn mower uses that all up for you. Glad the beach day was fun.

I've been mostly doing 2K-4K runs. Still waiting on DD to do an "official" 5K. After that, we'll see.
Last night took another crack at doing an 18 minute 3K. Been trying off and on for a while now. First K was 6:03 and thought it wouldn't happen again, but finished with a 17:36. Woot! Beat my best by half a minute. May have been a bit out of breath and dizzy afterwards.

But you set the record! That's the important thing.

Been doing that too. Down 20lbs (okay... 19) as of this morning. About 10-15 to go to where I want to be.

Wow, that's great! Nice work. I've been trying to do better with exercise since quarantine began, but it hasn't really shown up on the scale. Probably eating too much junk.

ohhhhkay.
So let me get this straight. You can write in any name and it may or may not count as a vote, depending on the State.

Yes. Generally speaking, write-in votes are not statistically significant anyway.

I presume then if you're registered in a State, that your name would be on the ballot?

Yes. A candidate has to meet the state's filing deadline, and do all the required paperwork and so on and so forth. We usually have the Republican and Democrat candidates on our ballot, plus a handful of others from smaller, more obscure political parties that will end up with less than 1% of the vote.

Ouch!

Good for you. Very appropriate response.

:thumbsup2

It was rather cool. I've never met any of these cousins of mine, so had fun.

Wow. Pricey weekend.

Yeah, but the wife has chosen not to get the A/C fixed in her car as she's going to swap it with her mother, who doesn't drive her car, so my DW's current car will become an extra. So that's one expensive thing taken care of.

Good!
How far away is the beach?

Depends on the beach, but I have two within a 10 minute drive from my house. We go to a pond instead of the beach at the ocean, lifeguards are staffed by the town, because a lot of families go there, so lots of kids my DD can play with, and my DD has absolutely no problem walking up to someone and asking them to play.

Well, they say things happen in threes, so hopefully the 2 A/C units plus the lawn mower uses that all up for you. Glad the beach day was fun.

I'm counting the two A/C units individually, so yes, I've hit my 3...so I'm done. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!