DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

Hope everyone's week is winding down nicely for you and hope you all have a great weekend! Bourbon, Bacon, Disney and Football for all! Stay safe!
A quick hello to say goodbye, for the weekend. Leaving tomorrow morning to visit with my buddies and do some hiking if the weather holds nice. I may have stopped at the liquor store today to get some post hike refreshments. Well, if the weather turns bad, we’ll have something else to keep us occupied.
I’ll be sure to post some pictures of my wanderings when I get back.
Have a good weekend gents.
Stay safe!
I'll go with option number 2.
Me Too!

I'll go with option number 2.
No one is surprised by this.

No one.
Stay safe!
:laughing:

Okay... I wonder how many of us here have actually seen that movie?

Morning all. It's 38 degrees F outside. I hate cold weather. EPL this morning. Y'll have a great weekend.

You could negotiate with the employer for a.higher salary and no medical. Then there is no employer contribution to reimburse!
That's what a couple folks I know who retired from the military do. Since they have medical, they waive that with employer in lieu of higher salary.

Well, that's what I had done. However, in another corrupt government bureaucratic decision, if it is a participating agency, then I have no choice. I have to take the cheaper plan. I reached out to my new supervisor, asking if I can just work with HR to get the extra paperwork done. She was off Friday. I think they have already taken the steps by forming a 2nd incorporated company to get out of that obligation.

Faith, trust and a little pixie dust.
Or beer, bourbon and bacon.

I'll go with all of the above.

Afternoon, Gents! Well, I've been hard at work at...uhmm...not working. There, I said it. I should have been studying. Actually, I did for a while, but I gave up. I did use the time wisely as I prepared for a church service tomorrow by working on music for said service, so the time wasn't completely wasted. Outside that? Not much going on. Have good weekend, gents!

Morning all, today is what we've all been working for

Working for the Weekend - Wikipedia

Well most of us have been. ;)

I was so ready for this yesterday at 8 am.

Morning all. It's 38 degrees F outside. I hate cold weather. EPL this morning. Y'll have a great weekend.

Not as cold here, but still nice outside.

Well, that's what I had done. However, in another corrupt government bureaucratic decision, if it is a participating agency, then I have no choice. I have to take the cheaper plan. I reached out to my new supervisor, asking if I can just work with HR to get the extra paperwork done. She was off Friday. I think they have already taken the steps by forming a 2nd incorporated company to get out of that obligation.

Well that kind of blows. You should have a choice as to whether or not you take the plan. I'm sure there's a reason, but I don't get it.

Morning All.

Beautiful Sunday morning. Sun is shinning with just a bit of fog moving through. Should be a nice day. Not too much on tap today, probably just relax and make some chili before heading out to the last soccer game of the season.

Checked in with Dan and he says they are working like crazy before another lock down happens and he'll be back when it all settles down.

Have a great Sunday all.

Happy Sunday. A cloudy, cool day, however, we are in the 50s this AM. Looking forward to my last week on the sauce.

Well that kind of blows. You should have a choice as to whether or not you take the plan. I'm sure there's a reason, but I don't get it.

It's on the thought that you retired from school x and went to work for agency y, both funded by tax dollars. So, if you keep retirement insurance but waive agency y insurance, the you are misusing tax dollars. But, the obvious flaw is that if I stayed retired and someone non-retired was hired, they would be paying 2 insurances instead of just 1. It's government's attempt of silly control. While I'm not as well versed on the agency, it is a new private Inc that formed/split from an existing comp care government funded agency. So, while they may get some government grants, they are also funded thru insurance billing. They did this technicality to avoid what is happening to me.

In the end, it may just be that I start 12/2 and all is well. If the insurance thing is an issue, then I have to see what the $ amount is. If it's negligible, then I just stay on retirement insurance. If it's $500 a month, then I go with their insurance and return to retirement insurance when I no longer have the job. Again, just silly bureaucrat hoops to jump through.

Hey Gents! Hope everyone had a good weekend. Well, it's now Monday, and we all know what that means: Work! Grrr Well, I guess the alternative could be worse if you're not retired. I had a pretty good weekend, but nothing interesting to report...oh, except that my garage now smells like peppermint. We have mice and chipmunks that get in, and they have decided to make a meal out of the huge bag of birdseed we have in there. So my DFiL gave my DW peppermint extract and told her to spread it around. So now my garage has a nice peppermint smell to it. Very strong peppermint smell to it. I guess it's better than smelling the trash that builds up over the week. Well, have a good day, gents!

TTFN

I'm really good at it. :teeth:

Sorry, I fell asleep... 💤

That's me most of the time. I'd love to Zoom chat with everyone, but they usually set it for 9pm, which is fine, but I'm usually awake before 5am, so I'm usually asleep by then. I'm getting old.

Happy Sunday. A cloudy, cool day, however, we are in the 50s this AM. Looking forward to my last week on the sauce.

:thumbsup2 Make your last week on the sauce a good one.

It's on the thought that you retired from school x and went to work for agency y, both funded by tax dollars. So, if you keep retirement insurance but waive agency y insurance, the you are misusing tax dollars. But, the obvious flaw is that if I stayed retired and someone non-retired was hired, they would be paying 2 insurances instead of just 1. It's government's attempt of silly control. While I'm not as well versed on the agency, it is a new private Inc that formed/split from an existing comp care government funded agency. So, while they may get some government grants, they are also funded thru insurance billing. They did this technicality to avoid what is happening to me.

In the end, it may just be that I start 12/2 and all is well. If the insurance thing is an issue, then I have to see what the $ amount is. If it's negligible, then I just stay on retirement insurance. If it's $500 a month, then I go with their insurance and return to retirement insurance when I no longer have the job. Again, just silly bureaucrat hoops to jump through.

I'm going to admit that I don't understand this because it doesn't make sense. If you keep your retirement insurance, but elect to not take the other insurance, you're not double dipping on insurance, or misusing tax payer dollars. That doesn't make sense to me. You're getting a retirement check, but also getting a paycheck, wouldn't that be considered misuse of tax payer dollars? I get what they're trying to do, prevent double dipping, but not electing to take insurance from Agency Y because you have retirement insurance doesn't equal double dipping to me. Maybe it's because it's still too early and the caffeine hasn't had time to permeate throughout my body yet. I don't know...not trying to be difficult or argumentative, just doesn't make sense to me. Have a good day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!