DDC XXXIV: The Original Home Of The DISDads!!!

The Curly Haired Ninja had a temperature at school today, so off to the Drive Thru Corona centre we went. We now have to Self Isolate for 2 days until the test come back. Joy of Joys. My FIL is going to pick up my Turkey for Fakesgiving tomorrow. Having a stab at Homemade Cornbread as well now, seeing as there's jack all else to do.
praying

Good news is that I finished orientation. Bad news is that I still don't have a start date.

Spent the rest of the day decorating for Christmas. The new cat loves the fake tree, but is a bit scared of the monorail. I found the Christmas Vacation mug, and some water to chase the Maker's Mark. Cheers.

20201127_173631.jpg

Cheers bud
Nah, the kids have been back for months.

Good on the Mother country for having some sense. KY closed schools again last week, but left day care centers open. The science says a 5 year is a COVID risk in school, but not a day care center.

I’m off for the long weekend. :rolleyes1
You've always been a little off.

:rolleyes1
I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family. Having eaten my way through the day, and reached the point of food coma,
That sounds just about right. :)
I have arthritis in my right ankle, which causes me to run funny
silly walks.gif
The Curly Haired Ninja had a temperature at school today, so off to the Drive Thru Corona centre we went. We now have to Self Isolate for 2 days until the test come back.
Hope it's something else. Mild flu, perhaps. The self-isolation is a bit surreal. I just got word about an hour ago that DD tested negative, so it's back to work I go in the morning.
In other slightly less annoying news, we booked up for the Annual pilgrimage to the House of the Mouse for October 21, just to experience the 50th Anniversary stuff in full swing, and sneak in another MNSSHP (hopefully). Our home resort is the Poly, so they should be done with the Moana overlay by that point, which could be cool.
Man... this stuff better be over by then!
I found the Christmas Vacation mug
That's the gift that keeps on giving.

:thumbsup2

Morning, Gents! Starting day 3 of the mini-vacation...so not much to report. That is all. Have a good day, guys.

TTFN

The Curly Haired Ninja had a temperature at school today, so off to the Drive Thru Corona centre we went. We now have to Self Isolate for 2 days until the test come back.

Praying the little ninja doesn't have it.

In other slightly less annoying news, we booked up for the Annual pilgrimage to the House of the Mouse for October 21, just to experience the 50th Anniversary stuff in full swing, and sneak in another MNSSHP (hopefully). Our home resort is the Poly, so they should be done with the Moana overlay by that point, which could be cool.

Congrats on the booking. I'm hoping to get to the House of Mouse in the next year or two myself.

Good news is that I finished orientation. Bad news is that I still don't have a start date.

That's good news. Maybe they're starting people in stages so it'd be easier to for training and one-on-one type. But I suspect with the Christmas fast approaching, you'll be starting soon.

Spent the rest of the day decorating for Christmas. The new cat loves the fake tree, but is a bit scared of the monorail. I found the Christmas Vacation mug, and some water to chase the Maker's Mark. Cheers.

View attachment 540670

That sounds just about right. :)

Don't think I'm that bad, but pretty close. And my dance is slightly different than his.

Morning All.

We moved back a stage in our recovery plan. Lots of cases popping around us, mostly from community spread by people under 30. Everything is still open but they have to limit the number of people in a store and masked need to be worn just about everywhere. Hopefully it will just be for the 14 days.

Watching the Bahrain F1 qualifying session, pretty cool to see F1 cars run at night.

Have a good one all.

Last edited:
Morning, Gents! Starting day 3 of the mini-vacation...so not much to report. That is all. Have a good day, guys.
Back at work for me today. But after this 24 hour stretch, back to days off. So not bad.
Don't think I'm that bad, but pretty close. And my dance is slightly different than his.
Worse? Or better?
We moved back a stage in our recovery plan. Lots of cases popping us for us, mostly from community spread by people under 30. Everything is still open but they have to limit the number of people in a store and masked need to be worn just about everywhere. Hopefully it will just be for the 14 days.
"just for 14 days"... I heard that the first time back in February/March. Longest 14 day streak ever.
Watching the Bahrain F1 qualifying session, pretty cool to see F1 cars run at night.
Looking forward to the race. Next week too.

So is this your Friday?
View attachment 540575
Fortunately not for me. On thanksgiving day, there were only about 3 things I could eat. They asked if I wanted leftovers and I said no. Yesterday had lunch at Dennys eggs and bacon and dinner at cracker barrel...salad, brocolli, pot roast, steak, hamburger and ham. Suffice it to say much more pot roast, steak, hamburger and ham than the rabbit food.
Not much of the steak though...it was tough and the hamburger had better flavor anyway.

Morning All.

We moved back a stage in our recovery plan. Lots of cases popping us for us, mostly from community spread by people under 30. Everything is still open but they have to limit the number of people in a store and masked need to be worn just about everywhere. Hopefully it will just be for the 14 days.

Cases are up 4000 here in Mass, so I'm hoping they don't shut things down on us. People need to keep the masks on and social distance.

Back at work for me today. But after this 24 hour stretch, back to days off. So not bad.

24 hour stretch?! Wow! Caffeine, my friend...or rather, caffeine is YOUR friend.

Worse? Or better?

Better! It's a dad dance, but seriously, better. :teeth:

Fortunately not for me. On thanksgiving day, there were only about 3 things I could eat. They asked if I wanted leftovers and I said no. Yesterday had lunch at Dennys eggs and bacon and dinner at cracker barrel...salad, brocolli, pot roast, steak, hamburger and ham. Suffice it to say much more pot roast, steak, hamburger and ham than the rabbit food.
Not much of the steak though...it was tough and the hamburger had better flavor anyway.

Sorry you couldn't eat much, my friend.

"just for 14 days"... I heard that the first time back in February/March. Longest 14 day streak ever.

14 days is the minimum we would stay at this orange level, we had been at the yellow level since June. This is the first time we have had to step back but the Moncton region had done it once before and got things under control again in the 14 days.

Cases are up 4000 here in Mass, so I'm hoping they don't shut things down on us. People need to keep the masks on and social distance.

When I say an increase, it doesn't compare to you. We have 111 active cases province-wide and the region I'm in has 18.

24 hour stretch?! Wow! Caffeine, my friend...or rather, caffeine is YOUR friend.
Well... it’s 8 hours starting at 6:30am CST, then 8 hours off, then another 8 hours starting at 11pm. Should be off at 6:30-7:00am tomorrow depending on the schedule.
Better! It's a dad dance, but seriously, better. :teeth:
Prove it!
14 days is the minimum we would stay at this orange level, we had been at the yellow level since June. This is the first time we have had to step back but the Moncton region had done it once before and got things under control again in the 14 days.
Yup 14 is the minimum. That’s where we are. I can pretty much guarantee that it’ll get extended though. Here I mean. YMMV.

Morning guys. Hope all is well post thanksgiving or post Thursday, whichever applies.
I’ve been busy so far on my “days off”. Thursday I had intended to put up the outdoor Christmas lights. When testing them beforehand, I found more than half the strings would not light- the darn things worked before I boxed them up, so I have no idea what happens to them in the box. Anyhow, they were old and I decided since I had to get so many new sets, I would completely change all the lights, go from white to coloured. I’ve had the same white lights for over 10 years so maybe time for a change. I spent a lot of time and money at the store and never did get around to putting any lights up Thursday.
Black Friday started with DW taking me and oldest DD to get new phones, taking advantage of the deals. DW and youngest DD were upgrading. Oldest DD was being taken off our plan since she’ll soon be 21 and it’s time to start paying her own way. She also decided to upgrade. It took way longer than we intended, partly due to Black Friday crowds and reduced store capacity, but also they traded in their old phones so had to wait to transfer data to the new phones. Finally they all got sparkling new phones. And me? I don’t particularly care about phones, my old one is fine thanks. I’d probably be happy enough with a 10 year old flip phone. And get off my lawn.
Friday afternoon I did manage to put up a few strings of the new lights, but didn’t get it finished. I will try to run the last sets and power cords today.
Saturday we all went out for family brunch and then came back to decorate the tree. We spent the evening watching a couple Christmas movies, so that was a nice day.
Ok, that’s me all caught up. Have a good one gents.

Last edited:
I know I have to find the Christmas cards from last year so I can get this years out
I can’t remember the last time I sent a Christmas card. My wife sends a few to her family. It’s a nice tradition to keep up though.

The Curly Haired Ninja had a temperature at school today, so off to the Drive Thru Corona centre we went. We now have to Self Isolate for 2 days until the test come back. Joy of Joys.
Hope you get good news soon.

In other slightly less annoying news, we booked up for the Annual pilgrimage to the House of the Mouse for October 21, just to experience the 50th Anniversary stuff in full swing, and sneak in another MNSSHP (hopefully).
Sounds great. Hopefully things are at least somewhat back to normal by then.
That’s the time of year I like to go. Hmmm...

I just got word about an hour ago that DD tested negative, so it's back to work I go in the morning.
Good news on the negative test. Being able to go back to work...meh?

We moved back a stage in our recovery plan.
Yeah, I saw that NB pulled out of the Atlantic bubble too.
I noticed people here starting to panic buy paper towels again this weekend. We only have 25 active cases in the province but people got too used to zero cases for most of the summer.

Morning Gents.

Nice November morning here following another late night of Zooming.

Enjoying a coffee and getting set for the F1 race. Made a beef stew yesterday for dinner today so today should be nice and quiet.

Have a good one all.

Man, wicked accident at turn 3 of lap one! Car exploded and split in two when it hit the barrier. Luckily driver seems to have minor injuries but the pictures of him jumping over the barrier as the flames were all around him were frightening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter