DDCC7

SmilingGrump

Dis Dads Club Member #584
(I posted this in the Discussion thread, but figured a new thread is a better idea. I haven't had any coffee yet, that's my excuse)

Some older grumpier guy reminded me that I should be posting this here for those wise souls who avoid Facebook.

DisDad Club Convention #7 is happening Jan 9-13 2019!
It is still in the planning stages, but so far we're around 35 DisDads coming in for this convention along with our (growing number) of local DisDads.
A great many Dads are staying onsite, but we have rented a group house as well that has filled up with 16 Dads.

Updated Itinerary
Sunday Jan 6
Cali Grill Brunch 10am
FP - Peter Pan 5:20
FP - Pirates 6:30

Monday Jan 7
Breakfast - Dawa Bar
FP - Kilimanjaro Safaris 1:10
Nomads
FP - Flight of Passage 3:35

Tuesday Jan 8
FP - Tower of Terror 10:45
FP - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster 12:00
FP - Slinky Dog Dash 4:40

Wednesday Jan 9
Park of the Day: AKL
Breakfast - Dawa Bar
FP - Kilimanjaro Safaris 10:25
FP - Flight of Passage 11:45
FP - Expedition Everest 12:55
Jiko wine Tour at 3pm
The Edison or Trader Sams

Thursday Jan 10
Park of the Day: EPCOT
FP - Spaceship Earth 10:35
FP - Test Track 11:35
Group Photo w/Snow White if available
Biergarten at 3pm
Boardwalk PierCrawl
- Biergarten/Kabuki Cafe/Rose&Crown-International Gateway-Boardwalk Joe's Marvelous Margaritas/Belle Vue Lounge/Hurricane Hanna's/Martha's Vineyard

Friday Jan 11
Park of the Day: DHS
Group Photo outside DHS at 10am
FP - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster 12:40
FP - Slinky Dog Dash 1:40
FP - Tower of Terror 2:50
Picnic at the house 4pm

Saturday Jan 12
Park of the Day: MK
FP - Pirates 11:20
FP - 7 Dwarf Mine Train 1:25
FP - Big Thunder Mtn Railroad 2:55
Group Photo at 3:30pm in front of Castle and then in front of MK
The Wave at 5pm
Drinks at Top of the World, Trader Sams, and/or The Edison

Sunday Jan 13
Park of the Day: DAK
California Grill Brunch at 10 or 10:30
Group Photo at 5pm in front of DAK
FP - Flight of Passage 6:05
Nomads

Monday Jan 14
Give Kids the World at 7am
FP - Slinky Dog Dash 2:35
FP - Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular 4:15
FP - Rock 'n' Roller Coaster 6:05

As with every DisDad convention, family and friends are welcome to all events, though we do ask that you let one of us know if you are attending and with how many so that we can add you to reservations. There will probably be a group pickup for the picnic, but getting back is up to you (we recommend Uber or Lyft) since we will be enjoying a dram or two of rum once the picnic starts.

I will try to remember to come back and update information as we firm up other plans.

We hope to see you there!

Last edited:
This is a great idea! This what we did back in the old days before Facebook... Thanks Terry!

Last edited:
You are the list keeper! :rotfl::rotfl2::lmao:

Sure, it's a different web site, but it's still the same internet and Club! :surfweb:

This does sound like him.

The Keepers of Lists are an ancient and secretive yet humble order of monks who got bored of practicing Gregorian Chants and instead took as their sacred calling, the grand responsibility of maintaining "the lists". Lists were submitted by apostles all over the world. The Keepers allowed their apostles to vote on list items & submit new lists in order to develop the funniest David Letterman style Top 10 (and more) lists available on the internet today and for all time.

The order went into seclusion in late 1996. The website the bears their name is presented in honor of the brothers & sisters of the original Order of the Keepers of Lists. It is the goal of the new brotherhood to re-establish the grand traditions of the order and do justice to the memory of the founding Keepers.

In honor of the original Keepers of Lists, they maintain an archive of the Ancient Lists from the original website (found -after exhaustive searches- on dusty scrolls (lost to the world, not quite as long as the Dead Sea Scrolls) tucked away in the dark corners of the Internet.

PS: The monks are a fun loving bunch that manage to find excuses to party all the time, drinking great quantities of mead & grog while stuffing their faces with mutton. Come hang out for a while. The door to the monastery is always open.

We're doing a live update on the DDCC planning tonight at 7pm CDT. Unfortunately for you non-Facebookers it will be a Facebook Live thingy, however I will update here with the plans so far either be tonight (if I'm sober enough) or tomorrow (most likely)

Adam and Joe are going to run some tests and see if they can get the FB Live to work on Youtube Live, if so one of us will update here with the Youtube link

The itinerary is subject to some modifications, but so far it's looking like:

Jan 9
Park of the Day: DHS
Jiko wine Tour at 3pm

Jan 10
Park of the Day: EPCOT
Biergarten at
Boardwalk Bar Crawl

Jan 11
Park of the Day: AK/DHS
Picnic at the house 4pm

Jan 12
Park of the Day: MK
Group Event - Top of the World / Fireworks / Disney Springs / Hoop de Doo

Jan 13
Park of the Day: ??
California Grill Brunch at 10 or 10:30

Jan 14 or 15
Tentatively Give Kids the World organized by David vanCleave

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!