DDE card or voucher?

Kuma

DVC Member
I wlll be purchasing a PAP this Thursday at WDW. If I were to call the DDE office and purchase a DDE card, would I be able to pick up the DDE card at WDW or would they fax me over a voucher to the BCV front desk? I know its kind of a short notice but what are my chances of pulling this off?
Thanks!

I think they will send you a letter to use for you visit if it will be before the 3 week time it take to send you the card.

You can ask them to fax it to you or the hotel.

From recent posts, they are no longer faxing the temporary letter. You have to pick it up at Epcot Guest Relations (in the front of the park).

DebbieB is correct. I purchased my DDE last Friday and was told that I could pick my letter up at Epcot GR. The actual card will take 6-8 weeks to process and receive.

She basically said the letter would be available the day I ordered 5 pm that evening.

Do you have to have an AP card to order/pick up the DDE card or letter or can the DDE be ordered with the vouchers only? I am in possession of vouchers that will be exchanged for AP cards upon our arrival at WDW.

tiggercrew said:
I was told by the DDE office that only a voucher is needed to order the DDE card.
And there have been several posts saying that they successfully did this - just had to read the numbers off the back of the voucher when they called to order.

Best wishes -

I ordered mine from the UK over the telephone yesterday. They just took the numbers off the back of my PAP green voucher AMND they WILL be sending me a temporary letter as the card takes so long. I asked about collecting from MS but they said they will mail a temporary letter as we don't go for a few weeks.

One more question...for how long is the DDE card good? Is it for the entire AP duration or does it start as soon as you purchase it?

There will be an expiration date on the DEE and it doesn't coincide with the AP expiration date.
The DDE starts from whatever date Disney elects to put on the ticket when you ordered it.

DR JK said:
One more question...for how long is the DDE card good? Is it for the entire AP duration or does it start as soon as you purchase it?
The DDE year starts from purchase - it has nothing to do with the term of your AP or PAP.

Actually, you can probably count on the DDE to run 13 or maybe even 14 months if you order fairly soon. Disney is allowing the extra time right now because it takes so long to get the actual cards. Once they get past the backlog, I don't think we'll get much more (if any) time than the advertised year. It will still start from purchase.

Best wishes -

gilld said:
I ordered mine from the UK over the telephone yesterday. They just took the numbers off the back of my PAP green voucher AMND they WILL be sending me a temporary letter as the card takes so long. I asked about collecting from MS but they said they will mail a temporary letter as we don't go for a few weeks.

I just got my 5 green AP vouchers in the mail yesterday. What numbers did they ask for? There are only a few numbers in very small font at the very top on the back.

There is a 3 letter code followed by 2 numbers in the upper left corner on the back of the card but this number is the same on both adult certificates and there is a different number on the 3 child certificates- but it is the same on all 3 so this number is not unique.

Then there is the following:

WDW:xxx (same on all cards) Tr: xx(same on all cards) xx(sequential)

Thanks!

We had the vouchers when I orederd the DDE and they took the numbers from the back at the time I ordered my DDE we were happy to have recouped our $50 very quickly with our group of 9. We used them 1st for our UK dinner for 2 (saved $14) then for Donald's Breakfasaurus (saved $35) then B&C for a kitchen sink (saved $ 6.) then Flying Fish for 4 (saved $50) finally Pricess Luncheon Norway (Saved $40) so it paid for itself and we have 3 more trips before June 30, 2006 exp. so we are taking all the savings to pay for next yrs DDE and 2 APs If we have any extra left we may upgrade PAP for the water parks. Just a fun way to save especially since it includes all beverages now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter