• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDE Dining and the Mouse - Day 5: 11/1

MadToad

Mouseketeer
After getting up early the day before and staying out past midnight for the Halloween Party, we slept in. Way in. We skipped breakfast and went straight to lunch...

Lunch at Big River Grille - We wandered over in the mood for a cheeseburger and a beer, intending to spend a relaxing day doing very little. We started with the Spinach/Cheese/Jalapeno Dip which we found to be very tasty. The burgers though were the stars of the show. I'll have to try Beaches & Cream's burger next year, but right now Big River's is #1. I tried the beer sampler which was simply a 4oz taste of each of their brews. DDE not accepted.

Friends of ours arrived at the hotel later this afternoon after being delayed by morning weather. The 4 of us wandered over to the UK in EPCOT where 2 orders of Fish & Chips were ordered at the Yorkshire County Fish Shop. I personally didn't try them, but they were declared below average by our comrades. Oh well, the 1/2 yards were still good.

Dinner at Le Cellier - Wow. Very surprising. DW had the Sauteed Shrimp and then it was 3 Strip Steaks all around. 2 were cooked properly, the 3rd was way over done. The waiter noticed immediately when he walked by and took it straight back. We had a fresh, properly cooked steak in 5 min. They were excellent. Nearly on par with the Ruth's Chris near my office. We tried a bottle of the Malbec Reserve and found it to be a fantastic value. Now I know why people rave about this restaurant. :thumbsup2
DDE savings was appx $36.

Overall, we give Big River a B+, Yourkshire County a C-, and Le Cellier a solid A.

Next up are Kona Cafe and Raglan Road...

So glad to hear a good review of Big River Grille since we're staying at BWI, we'd like to give it a try. Also we'll be trying LeCellier for the first time!! Thanks, can't wait for KONA review! :Pinkbounc

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for all of the reviews so far. Have you posted day 6 yet? I've been waiting on the Kona Cafe and Raglan Road reviews. :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your reviews. It's rare to see a Big River Grille review, it's something to keep in mind if we're in the mood for burgers. :thumbsup2

My DH loves the beer sampler at Big River. The DDE is not good there at all or just on the beer? Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter