DDIL will be 7 months pregnant at disney.

The last time we went I was almost 7 months pregnant and I had a great time. Like a PP said, I would take advantage of the free water at QS's so I didn't have to carry a water bottle. We took my 2.5 year old at the time and our itinerary usually included getting to the parks early and leaving shortly after lunch for an afternoon break out of the heat to either rest/nap/swim and then we would head back out again for dinner and such. She just needs to know her limits and stays hydrated. There were very few things that I couldn't ride, test track, space mountain, mine ride etc. Overall, I didn't miss it much, especially since we had a little one who couldn't ride most of those things anyway. Everyone's pregnancy is different and how she feels now, might be the opposite or the same of how she feels a few months from now. I would say definitely still go, being pregnant doesn't make the world stop, unless it's against doctors orders. Just make her feel welcome that if she needs to head back to the hotel early or just meet up with the group a little bit later that it's all ok. On the flip side, in that same pregnancy I travelled to Chicago for a work conference at 8 months pregnant and we did a ton of walking---I pushed myself to keep up with my co-workers because I didn't want to make excuses for myself. I wasn't comfortable speaking up that I was in pain and needed to take a break----that trip was pretty miserable. So I wouldn't baby her---but just make sure she knows she can speak up when she needs a break to take care of herself/baby.

I went multiples times when pregnant, including at 7 months, and had no real issues. I rode a lot, enjoyed the pool, and everyone was super considerate. We rested when I needed to and I stayed hydrated.

We are in a different boat because we are 2.5 hours from WDW so didn't feel the need to push too hard. I say let her dictate a lot of the pace and split up when necessary. I wouldn't have wanted an ECV but play it by ear!

Thanks again to all the help.

In my mind, everybody is tired all the time at disney, but being pregnant would double the feeling. Guess I need to change that thinking.

I went when I was six months pregnant in June and other than not being able to ride some rides and being annoyed at the teenagers I was with, it wasn't any different than any other trip. I'm as lazy and out of shape as they come and didn't need an EVC or a wheelchair. And the annoyance with the teenagers came because they were wimping out on doing things that I wanted to do. I think I wanted to stay up later and get up earlier than they did to do everything that trip. Everyone is different on how they feel when pregnant and every pregnancy is different. However, I wouldn't just automatically think it was going to be a huge burden.

I went at Christmas 36 weeks pregnant with my son. This was a Christmas gift planned 1 1/2 years in advance from my parents to my siblings. 9 of us stayed at the Disney Institute in a "townhouse." Lucky for me, I spent most of the time with my almost 3 yo niece on family friendly rides, photos with the characters, shows, and time at the pool. It also gave me an excuse to go back to nap when she did (and I would not have used an EVC). I still had a nice time. She will need to drink a lot of water and bring OTC meds just in case... heartburn, constipation, etc. Not having the right supplies could really make it more difficult.

I have done Disney pregnant (the full on 9 months this last time), and yes it was a MK day in the dead heat of summer LOL! I am a pretty happy pregnant lady in general, we did a half-day and spent the rest of the day poolside.

Being on your feet is good exercise, but Disney vacations can be stressful especially if you overbook yourself (like I tend to do!). An EVC would be a great idea, a pregnant mama also makes a good waiting buddy if any rides are too scary for the little ones.

Looking for tips and which rides she WILL be able to ride.

Little back story we had planned this trip 7 months ago. Surprise, their family was not as complete as they thought. We found out a few months ago.

Used DVC points, bought Airfare 6 months ago, AP run out in June. If we postpone the trip, we could save the DVC points, but for new airfare and new tickets, you are talking about 5 grand.

We thought, not too much fun for momma, but the boys will have fun. I was planning on getting a EVC for her, to help cut down on walking and fatigue. Also have momma enjoy the resort more and perhaps just go out in the evening. Boys with go out with Dad and us (grandma and grandpa) in the morning, swimming in the afternoon, and Dad and Momma in the evening.

It' almost time to make FP. Is there a list (without looking at each ride page) on which ride she can't ride?

Her OB doesn't have any issues with her going.

Any comments or tips?
Is it ok for her to fly when seven months pregnant?

Have you talked with your DIL about this? She is going to know better than anyone what she wants to do and is comfortable doing.

Is it ok for her to fly when seven months pregnant?

Southwest says until 38 weeks. Right now her DR says it's fine, but if that changes, so will we.

Have you talked with your DIL about this? She is going to know better than anyone what she wants to do and is comfortable doing.

Yes, I'm trying to get views from others. She is the type to go along, not to rock the boat. Last trip we did 5 days at BLT and 5 days at AKL Kidani, this trip the only request was not to switch resorts. She felt it took too long to pack and unpack. They let us set the pace, Guess they figured if we (ages 62 and 73 and I'm pushing a wheelchair most of the time) were ok, they couldn't be tired.

As my OB advised me- if you travel anywhere your 3rd trimester- have a plan in place in case you go into labor. Know where the hospitals are around where you are going to be, and have a plan of how to get there if needed. You never know when a baby is going to decide to make an earlier appearance. (My DD decided to make her appearance at 37 weeks). Make sure she drinks lots of water. Keeping hydrated reduces pregnancy swelling. Sounds like this is not her first pregnancy, so she probably has an idea of how she may feel around 7 months. Just let her sit and get off her feet when she needs to- and if she wants to go back to the room and rest while everyone else keeps going- let her do that.

As my OB advised me- if you travel anywhere your 3rd trimester- have a plan in place in case you go into labor. Know where the hospitals are around where you are going to be, and have a plan of how to get there if needed. You never know when a baby is going to decide to make an earlier appearance. (My DD decided to make her appearance at 37 weeks). Make sure she drinks lots of water. Keeping hydrated reduces pregnancy swelling. Sounds like this is not her first pregnancy, so she probably has an idea of how she may feel around 7 months. Just let her sit and get off her feet when she needs to- and if she wants to go back to the room and rest while everyone else keeps going- let her do that.

And pack a few baby items just in case!

This. All three of my pregnancies were very different, and with each I would have been able to do Disney, but not as I expected. I'd definitely let her take the lead. I'm also the type that very much dislikes people telling me what to do, especially my mother-in-law. It's extremely kind of you to be so thoughtful, but I would make sure that she's "in charge".

As a pp mentioned, she needs to be fully prepared to possibly have a baby there, including knowing ahead of time which hospital she would prefer. My third came 5 weeks early - fortunately we were at home, but almost weren't.

We just got back from Disney last week (my first time there) and I was 23/24 weeks pregnant for the trip.

I’m blessed to have healthy pregnancies in general and wasn’t really restricted in regards to rides - in the sense I rode what our toddlers could. I actually felt great with the weather change (Maine is cold this time of year!) and the time walking etc. I drank a lot of water, so I had to pee on the regular (more than our 4 year old - oh the joys! Haha) but had a lot of fun!

We did rope drop til noonish at the parks, took an afternoon break and went back for the evenings. It was perfect!

We just got back from Disney last week (my first time there) and I was 23/24 weeks pregnant for the trip.

I’m blessed to have healthy pregnancies in general and wasn’t really restricted in regards to rides - in the sense I rode what our toddlers could. I actually felt great with the weather change (Maine is cold this time of year!) and the time walking etc. I drank a lot of water, so I had to pee on the regular (more than our 4 year old - oh the joys! Haha) but had a lot of fun!

We did rope drop til noonish at the parks, took an afternoon break and went back for the evenings. It was perfect
!

This is what DDIL thought unless the day started out hot. Then she would just do evenings.

For those who suggested how does DDIL feel about a EVC.....I asked her again and she said let's see how I feel closer to the date.

To narrow down the timing a bit...she will be just entering 7 months..trip is May 5 -13, due date is July 12.

I agree that you should follow DIL and DS lead. Personally, I wouldn’t want to be only staying with my 2 yr old. I’d think your DIL would appreciate time to hit some fun stuff with the 6 yr old as well. Not that I don’t love both my kids, but when mine were 2 and 7, I needed the most help with the 2 yr old. They are much more exhausting to chase down/care for/keep entertained - my younger one is a climber! Maybe she’d also appreciate some time to explore Disney Springs - a great evening destination. She may have some shopping ideas for the new addition or herself. How wonderful that you all will get to make these memories. The youngest will know that he/she was part of the trip in family photos to come!

I agree that you should follow DIL and DS lead. Personally, I wouldn’t want to be only staying with my 2 yr old. I’d think your DIL would appreciate time to hit some fun stuff with the 6 yr old as well. Not that I don’t love both my kids, but when mine were 2 and 7, I needed the most help with the 2 yr old. They are much more exhausting to chase down/care for/keep entertained - my younger one is a climber! Maybe she’d also appreciate some time to explore Disney Springs - a great evening destination. She may have some shopping ideas for the new addition or herself. How wonderful that you all will get to make these memories. The youngest will know that he/she was part of the trip in family photos to come!

When I mentioned DDIL and 2 year old, I mean just going on rides. The 6 yrs loves the bigger rides which DDIL won't be able to ride. We (grandma and grandpa) will be there to help with the 2 year old in the park. Never underestimate the power of ice cream for getting him to sit. LOL

Never underestimate the power of ice cream for getting him to sit. LOL
LOL - Dole whip, Mickey pops! I know your DIL will appreciate your help. I mentioned it because my DH seems to conveniently ‘disappear’ with my older one! LOL He’s a big kid himself and has to be reminded that our little guy can’t always keep up and Mom needs a break. Enjoy your time together!

I was 5 months prego for disneyland. My rule of thumb if it is safe enough for a baby it is safe enough for me. So I rode the rides that had no height restrictions. Also I ate alot and did a lot of character meet and greets. Drink lots of water and sit a lot.

I was 5 months prego for disneyland. My rule of thumb if it is safe enough for a baby it is safe enough for me. So I rode the rides that had no height restrictions. Also I ate alot and did a lot of character meet and greets. Drink lots of water and sit a lot.

The one ride I was surprised that is off the list, is the safari ride. But there have been a few times we have been rocked and rolled so much, you'd think the wheels were square.

I see a lot of buzz, small world, Listen to the land type rides. She is disappointed. Last trip we watched the kids and they went on whatever ride. We missed FOP opening by a few weeks, and now she'll miss again. But as I mentioned to reschedule, it would cost thousands. We'd need new disney tickets and the flights on SW credit would only be good until August.

Just add, so I don't seem like money is the most important........If she or her Dr. said it's best not to go , we won't go. I'm just trying to plan the best. If we don't go now, we probably won't go for another year. DDIL will most likely nurse and she is the type of wanting a quiet private place to nurse. I don't think she will nurse in the middle of frozen show or at COP.

Last edited:
I’ve been twice while pregnant. Both at 7 months. Once in December and once in June.

December was fine. I was hot but it was totally fine. I got sick on the plane but that happens all the time for me. I threw up so hard I couldn’t breath, so that was new. Ha
In June, it was so hot. So so hot. I walked everyday of my pregnancy before and after my trip. I wear a Fitbit and usually got 15,000 to 20,000 steps a day (I have two other young boys that are active) and my steps were comparable in Disney. But my legs swelled up like you wouldn’t believe. I felt like I drank enough but I must not have.

Tell her to look into sports tape for her belly. I didn’t discover it until we got back but it was AMAZING for my back. I was at the chiropractor every week prior to taping my belly, after I never had pain for the rest of my pregnancy. (And I gained 65 pounds)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!