DDP+2yr old & Sharing?

maxsmom

DIS Veteran
We will have the DDP on our next trip. We will also have our 2 yr old. Can we share our meals w/ him? I ask not to be cheap, but b/c he hardly eats a thing. It is such a waste of food if we buy him his own. He maybe eats one nugget (2 at the most) and a few fries out of a happy meal. I really hate wasting food. We would probably do this mainly w/ TS b/c I can never come close to finishing my own food either. So what's the low down on this? Thanks for you help.

Yes, you can definitely share your meals with him. And at buffets he is still considered free too. Hope you enjoy your trip. :goodvibes

The CM I spoke with when I booked said that kids under 3 could eat off of your plate or you could buy his food. We are getting free dining. I know what you mean about eating like a bird. DS sometimes eating nothing or will eat more than me.

YES! It was really easy to share TS meals with DS, especially since he was free at all character buffets anyway. My experience was that there were also some CS meals that I shared with DS 18 months AND DD4. There is just so much food. Sometimes the 3 of us would share a breakfast platter in the morning and then another CS for lunch and we were never hungry. Sharing won't be a problem at all. Have a good trip!

I have a 2 year old also and we are doing free dining plan. We are eating at several character buffets since she can eat free there. She's really picky also so she wouldn't always want something that I or DH order.

We just took our trip in May and DH and I were on the DDP. DS is almost 2. We bought one meal for him the entire trip. He is at a stage where sometimes he eats a ton at a meal and other times he eats next to nothing. You can share your food at any TS or CS. Don't only do buffets because you think that it is more acceptable to share with him there (we found that the non-buffet TS food was definitely superior). We shared our meals at all TS and the servers expected this. In fact, the one time we got him a kids meal at a TS restaurant, the server didn't even charge us for it. having an appetizer, entree, and dessert at each TS gives plenty of food for you and DS. Our DS will try anything so we didn't even really cater our choices towards sharing with him - he ate crab cakes and scallops just as well as he ate chicken nuggets and fries! Sharing at CS is easy as well - the Electric Umbrella in Epcot only has double cheeseburgers. I have never eaten a double cheeseburger in my life, too much meat for me so obviously the extra patty when to my DS. Most CS portions are huge. CS meals that we really liked and shared with DS easily were Electric Umbrella double burgers, Pecos Bill's burgers, Tusker House half roasted chicken with vegetables (he loves veggies), and Vegetarian Noodles in China (he loved slurping these up). Enjoy! :wizard:

I'm pleased with this thread, even though my kids are older -- just because I'm glad to hear others' kids barely eat, too!

My DD6 (turning 7 on trip) shares meals with me all the time! She is a small eater. Even when I order her her own, she still eats off my plate, so now I just figure she will share with me and order my food accordingly. At Kona (our fav. TS) she'll make a meal out of the sticky wing appetizers with a few left over for me.

This will be our 3rd trip using DDP (second time for free!) and we've never had a problem sharing. We've ordered 2 meals for the 3 of us (My DM, DD, and myself) without a problem. :goodvibes

Have a great time! We plan too! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter