DDP, ADR and CP, help??

Lisa F

is a very wise woman
DH and I are dvc owners but we haven't actually taken a trip to WDW for the past several years (I think since 2002/2003 NYE, ack!) and I feel like the whole world has changed since I was last there. I used to know everything up and down like the back of my hand but now... I'm a little lost.

So I've been reading about the dining plan and it seems like a no-brainer for us. We generally averaged about $100/day on food at WDW and it will at least save us that money (without having to lay out $50 on the DDE card), if not more since I will be more tempted to get the $30+ entree that sounds good rather than cheaping out on the under $30 entree. I think that much we have down and we have decided to go for.

That said, I'm also somewhat dismayed to learn that you can now get ADRs (what I used to call a PS) at 180+10 days for onsite guests? That means that for our week before christmas trip we have to book them... um... soon, right? Next couple of weeks?

So I guess my questions are thus...
1) Do I need to call DVC and add the dining plan before I can make my ADRs? Do I need to do anything when making ADRs besides saying "yes, I am on the DDP"? ie which comes first?

2) I have been reading that it's impossible to get a ADR at le cellier during december without the CP package. I have no problem doing le cellier with a CP package, we were planning to do that anyway (CP package that is), but I can't really for the life of me figure out who I need to talk to and what I need to do to book this. Am I correct in assuming that CP packages have not yet been announced and that even at 180 days out they may still not be in announced yet by the time my 180 window rolls around? So then what do I do? Just wait for CP packages to be released? And at that point will they know whether they are taking DDP to pay for them? I feel like I have too many layers going on here, things were much simpler way back when!

Lisa F said:
DH and I are dvc owners but we haven't actually taken a trip to WDW for the past several years (I think since 2002/2003 NYE, ack!) and I feel like the whole world has changed since I was last there. I used to know everything up and down like the back of my hand but now... I'm a little lost.

So I've been reading about the dining plan and it seems like a no-brainer for us. We generally averaged about $100/day on food at WDW and it will at least save us that money (without having to lay out $50 on the DDE card), if not more since I will be more tempted to get the $30+ entree that sounds good rather than cheaping out on the under $30 entree. I think that much we have down and we have decided to go for.

That said, I'm also somewhat dismayed to learn that you can now get ADRs (what I used to call a PS) at 180+10 days for onsite guests? That means that for our week before christmas trip we have to book them... um... soon, right? Next couple of weeks?

So I guess my questions are thus...
1) Do I need to call DVC and add the dining plan before I can make my ADRs? Do I need to do anything when making ADRs besides saying "yes, I am on the DDP"? ie which comes first?
No, you don't. You will need to have your DVC reservation number handy if you plan to take advantage of the +10 feature, though. Personally, I don't think it is absolutely necessary to make all of your ADRs right at the window - most don't. It just seems that way becasue so many DISr's do. FWIW, you can call and add the DP plan to your DVC ressie and cancel it later if you change your mind. You don't pay for it until check it. Ask MS how far in advance you have to cancel it - I think it is 2 businessa days, but am not positive. I do know you have to add it at least 2 business days in advance becasue you cannot add it at check in. I think DIning only asks if you are n the DP becasue they are collecting info - it makes no difference to making the ADRs themselves as long as you are staying on site.

Lisa F said:
2) I have been reading that it's impossible to get a ADR at le cellier during december without the CP package. I have no problem doing le cellier with a CP package, we were planning to do that anyway (CP package that is), but I can't really for the life of me figure out who I need to talk to and what I need to do to book this. Am I correct in assuming that CP packages have not yet been announced and that even at 180 days out they may still not be in announced yet by the time my 180 window rolls around? So then what do I do? Just wait for CP packages to be released? And at that point will they know whether they are taking DDP to pay for them? I feel like I have too many layers going on here, things were much simpler way back when!
It appears that most ADRs for le Cellier are being saved for CP dinner packages. Also, tables for 2 are very, very limited. Right now, the CMs are saying that the CP packages will not be released until mid-August. Most expect that we will be ble to use the DP for the CP packages becasue it was allowed last year. However, we won't know until they are actually released. Mu personal opinion is that the DP will be allowed again - there would be way too many complaints if Disney changes that.

I agree that things were simpler for us before the 180 +10 thing. I think they are better for Disney now. Others may not agree, but I don't think as many people call right at the 180 day window as called at the 90 day window.

So many things have changed since 2002 - except that I'm sure you'll still hve a wonderful time!

Best wishes -

Thanks so much for the help. I tried to search on these topics to answer my own questions but... search doesn't seem to be working. It used to be that disney was an easy vacation for us because we knew it all, now I am feeling the steep learning curve again!!! Thanks for lining up all the info for me like that, I just wasn't able to glean everything I needed from other topics.

It seems like DDP is a particularly good deal on the CP dining packages since it's $45.99+tax for le cellier... unless they require two TS to use it? Does anyone know? Le cellier is one of our favorites and is high on the list of places we'd like to go so I guess I will TRY to make an ADR at 180+10 and then if I can't, hope for a second shot at CP. Yikes.

All of the TS restaurants in EPCOT are only 1 credit. I think that is part of the reason that Le Cellier is so popular.

Apparently, even the Fantasmic Dinner packages can now be done via the DP - MM and H&V are 1 TS credit, but HBD is 2.

I think it's really nice that the CP packages were includedwith the DP last year - hope it is true again this year. We're not going to do LeCellier, though. Too hard to get a table for 2. If you're not set on doing LeCellier for the CP package, give it a try for lunch. Ressies easier to get for lunch and IMHO, it's still a good value to use yor DP credits.

Best wishes -

P.S. There are quite a few threads on the DP over on the DVC - Mousecellaneous Board.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter