• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP and a ten year old

tammydel

A true blue DISer!
Here is my story:

I'd like to use the DDP for my Thanksgiving trip. By then my DS will be 10 so we would pay the full adult price for him on the dining plan. He pretty much eats only Mac 'n Cheese (even for breakfast at home). Almost decided against the dining plan for this reason.

But, then I thought - I could pay OP for his food and save the credits for another meal for my DH and I.

I would be PAYING the adult price anyway, it's not like I'm paying for a child's meal and getting a adult meal. No cheating, no stealing, no bad Karma, right? My daughter who is 8 would be using her own dining credits for her meals.

Is there any problems with this that I'm not seeing? I haven't used the dining plan yet, I'll be doing that this July. I'm hoping some DDP veterens will know if this will work.

Thanks in advance!
Tammy

This is a heavily debated topic. I see nothing wrong with what you are doing. Most of the Self-Appointed Disney Ethics Police on this board also agree that this is ok since it's an adult credit being readed for an adult credit. The people who get flamed on here are the people who choose to share their adult meals with a child and then use the child's credit for future adult meals.

Edit to add that I will NOT be one of the ones flaming the people who do the latter.

That is what we plan to do some of the time for our next trip. DD will be 11 but she is tiny and doesn't eat a whole lot. She also has a great fondness for mac and cheese and I will not be using her $38 meal plan for mac and cheese. I figure if I pay OOP for her meals at two places that means DH and I can do a night out at a signature restaurant with her extra credits.

And yeah, there is no way anyone could have a problem with this--you are using ADULT credits for ADULTS. Even trade.

I agree - no bad karma! You are paying the adult price and planning to use the credits for adult meals.

Thanks for your replies. Just wanted to make sure this would work. I'm gussing/hoping CMs will understand.

Tammy

To the OP ... that is fine ... AND ... it is also fine if you want to save your DD credits as well. You are allowed to and the servers even tell you to.

The people who flame about using "child" credits for "adult" credits (By the way ... there is NO such thing ... they are all just CREDITS) are full of it.
Who cares if people on here think it's "right" ... obviously WDW thinks it's "right" or you better believe they would put a stop to it!

I LOVE WDW but they know how to nickel and dime you to death. So does anyone really think if the credits were intended to be used as "child" and "adult" they would be set up in the system as such??? I mean tickets are set up that way and it would be simple for them (I'm sure) to set up meal plans that way as well. You don't get X child credits and X adult credits ... you get X credits ... period.

If I wanted to get REALLY stinky ... pee-u stinky ... I would ask Disney since when is a 10 year old counted as an adult?? LOL ... I guess they are stealing from me unless they let my 10 year old drink beer at Hoop Dee Doo...it is included in the adult price yes???

(No ... I would not let my 10 year old drink beer ... let's not have that get away from us! LOL)

So anyway - no guilt - no fear - use your TS and CS credits as you see fit and know that you have WDW blessing and they are all that count!

WDWO

Just tonight at dinner my picky 13 year old asked if he could eat off the children's menu. Joking I told him no. He replied I'm not going to be eating lobster and those fish eggs. If he order from the children's menu I will be paying OOP and saving my TS. There is no way I"m using an adult TS credit for a hotdog or grilled cheese

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter