DDP and DDE--can you do both?

jenneric-2000

Earning My Ears
Hello and excuse my newbie-ness if I am missing something obvious, but can I do the dining plan and the dining express card? (can I even get the card w/o being a AP holder?). I was thinking we are going to be doing some character meals (hopefully) and I am thinking we are going to have OOP expenses with that and w/my 2 yo being a big eater and me and DH being big drinkers ;o)

Would it make sense to have both?

Thanks for help!

Jenn
princess: (4) princess: (2)

We'll be doing a combo of both. I got the DDE card as a passholder. I believe you must be either a FL resident or a passholder to purchase the DDE card.

We are going for 9 nights in October. For 6 of those nights, we're renting DVC points and will have the dining plan. For the other 3 nights (and any other OOP dining expenses we incur), we'll be using the DDE card.

We have the DDE card. Since our trip in May will be split between BCV and OKW, we're trying out the dining plan for the three nights we'll be at OKW. That way we can get a feel for which works better for us.

I have the DDE card from a previous trip (before DVC could be on the dining plan). We will have both on our next trip. Some suggested uses for DDE--if you purchase any alcohol or items not covered by DDP, the DDE will apply to those items. If you plan to do any signature restaurants, you may find yourself purchasing meals in addition to the plan.

Which is best really depends on your preferences for meals. My sis greatly prefers DDE because they generally do a character breakfast and a sit down dinner--no counter service at all.

I am going to have both also. DDE for four days at POFQ and then the DDP for my DVC trip. While at DVC I'll still use the DDE for some items. As long as the DDE saves me $60 it is worth it! It cost $60 if you have an AP, $75 normally. I don't know if it is avvailable to everyoneor not. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter