DDP: Best meals to split

avic77

Fish out of water
We have the QS dining plan for our trip in 2 weeks. My family does not eat heavy while in the parks, so we often split meals and eat small portions through out the day and then have a big meal at night. There are 5 in our party.
What are some of your favorite meals to share/split?
My list so far is:

BOG Breakfast Fest A LA Gaston order 3 to split (DD wont eat anything but the fruit)

Pecos Bills Fajita Platters order 3 to split

POP Century Whole Pizza Pickup for 2 credits split among 3 kids (DH and I will split something else)

Flame Tree BBQ Ribs Chicken pulled pork samplers order 3 to split

I think both Pecos Bill and Flame Tree you could get away with 2 to split across your 5.

Even the Gaston Feast at BOG isn't all that big. If you do 3 be prepared to be using snacks sooner rather than later.

I think both Pecos Bill and Flame Tree you could get away with 2 to split across your 5.

Agree about FT. You could get 2 samplers & use a snack credit for the cheese fries w/ pulled pork. I had these on my trip in May & they were really good. I have a family of 5 fairly big eaters & we split 2 samplers, pulled pork sandwich & the pulled pork cheese fries & it was a bit too much food for us.

I haven't eaten at PB since the new menu so I can't comment about that other than maybe look into what snack credits you could use there & maybe just use 2 meals & a snack.

I haven't eaten at PB since the new menu so I can't comment about that other than maybe look into what snack credits you could use there & maybe just use 2 meals & a snack.

PB is all about the toppings bar. Makes things go further.

Cosmic Ray's also has the 1/2 rotisserie chicken meal that can be shared.

Sunshine Season's we shared the pork meal.

It all comes down to how big an eater you are. I could easily share meals. We did the resort 2CS pizza meal a few times and always had 1/2 pizza left over. We used the drink credits for ice cream sundaes or ice cream sandwiches.

For Gaston Breakfast we have have 2 non breakfast eaters (me and DD) we will eat the fruit and maybe a pastry. I live on coffee till about 1 oclock:coffee:
I'll order 2 of the platters at PB and Flametree and if we need a 3rd I can always go order another. We are not big eaters while in the park. A light lunch and good solid Dinner is usually enough for us. We also plan snacks in to prevent getting over hungry between meals.

Tortuga Tavern sells smoked turkey legs. Last trip I found that 1 turkey leg and a green salad made a fine meal for 2 people.

we do this as well. kids used to bristle at not "having their own," but once they figured out more little meals, means we can try more things and not feel stuffed...they are all on board now. plus the option of looking forward to great snacks, is a great incentive not to complain. We are very happy with the no CS desserts, as half of them are crappy and we like the snack freedom. I think it may be Starbucks every day for us!
we often share three sitdowns for the five of us, plus an appy or KM. we are big eaters and can still enjoy dessert. no one has ever left hungry!
Anyhoo, our last visit was 12/2015. We are going again this December. :santa:
all good advice from other posters.
I have found all the CS meals to be pretty big. only execptions are like in EP Germany brat and chips...good, but not huge. I'd rather eat the soft pretzel anyway...
you can add yummy onion rings and french fries on as snacks at FT.
years ago, we used to order the extra bun for a buck to split double cheese burgers at PB, but don't know if you can do something similar at CR...kids and I share chicken meals there, and only the hubby gets a burger, so I don't pay attention to his. :rolleyes1
add soups on as snacks at BOG to supplement three meals at lunch. The roast pork with mashed and beans is big.
Not crazy about pizza planet/cafe rizzo, but the pizza with salad is easy to split.
I don't eat it because of food allergies, but my husband and daughter love the sampler platter at Tangarine Cafe. Same issue at Y&Y in AK.
Probably not cost effective, but we will use CS at Sleepy Hollow and split nutella fruit waffles. I seriously have dreams about those...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter