DDP Experience Needed

etpinge

Earning My Ears
I have read through some postings, but am as confused as I can be...

We are a family of 5 going down in March and need a little assistance. We are currently signed up for the standard DDP and have planned reservations, but am now doubting ourselves.

DW is a light eater, DD 9 is a light eater, DS4 is a picky eater, DS3 is an extreme picky eater, and I eat as if it is a sport. We are not fans of sit down meals, but understand it might be required for us to actually slow down to eat while cruising the world. We usually eat CS and have investigated the CS-DDP, but again, not sure.

Our question revolves around the cost of a character breakfast at Chef Mickeys and wondering if it more economical to pay via DDP and ride the other reservations (and enjoy them) or do we downsize to the CS-DDP and pay Chef Mickey out of pocket.

Just so you get the whole picture, the other reservations are at Coral Reef, Luau, and Hollywood and Vine - Fantasmic!.

Thanks for any assistance!

IMO, breakfast is not worth using TS credits on. For a TS to have any value on the DDP (provided you are using the DDP to save money and not just because it makes life easier), the TS needs to cost roughly $30 per adult. CM breakfast, for example, is $23 per adult, thus, in my opinion, is not worth using the TS credit.

I personally don't like any of your other selections. Coral Reef is not what it used to be, SOA is not worth 2 TS credits or price OOP (to me HDDR is the only dinner show worth the cost) and you couldn't pay me enough money to back to H&V.

If you have picky and light eaters it might work out better to go to the CSDP and maybe pay for 1 or 2 TS OOP.

This, of course, is just my opinion. Only you and your family knows what will work best for your family. In the end the most important thing is to have a great trip :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter