DDP+ It’s official!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When visiting Disney in October 2019 we booked for 2020 on the free dining bounce back offer. We did upgrade to the regular Disney Dining Plan and we really wanted to upgrade to the DDP+ and we have been told that we can't. Our travel agent tried yesterday and again today. I find it odd that we are willing to pay extra for the upgrade and they don't want our money.

We're advising to just hold off for now. This has to be a glitch/problem with how they uploaded the new plan. There's no reason why they would single out just this one to not be able to upgrade or use with other discounts. I truly think this will be changed in the near future and it will act just like all the other plans.

We're advising to just hold off for now. This has to be a glitch/problem with how they uploaded the new plan. There's no reason why they would single out just this one to not be able to upgrade or use with other discounts. I truly think this will be changed in the near future and it will act just like all the other plans.
I am hopeful. We would prefer a TS meal for breakfast and a TS meal for dinner with snacks used for lunch. This would be perfect for us. I will patiently wait in the meantime.

I called this morning to upgrade our bounce back from DDP to DDP+, the cast member told me she had to put in the request and within 24hrs I should receive an email and see the change in MDE. I think like everything else it can depend who you get on the phone. I would definitely try again. I'm patiently waiting and hopeful she was right and I will see the upgrade tomorrow if not sooner.

You can also buy the discounted GCs and pay for the dining plan!

At $96 = $91.20 with GCs
Deluxe is $119 with GCs its $113.05.

I bought bulk GCs for my last trip (bulk = over $5000) through BJs and saved 8%.

Sure can, but I like having the option of ordering an appetizer as a meal or sharing a plate with my 5 year old since the portions are big. Plus, my 13 year is considered an adult according to Disney, but she doesn't eat like an adult :). For 4 nights, the DDP was going to cost us $1058 plus gratuity. I think we can do better than that.

LOL they DO want to take your money - they want you to book the higher room rate to get the new dining plan o_O
Not a chance, the prices for the package are about $250 higher in the last couple of days and there's no FD. Even the CM said "I don't think you want to change, it's significantly more" We've always had more than enough food with the DDP, if we want an extra TS meal at this point we'll just pay OOP.

Just wanted to leave an update on this thread too...I just received a call from another cast member about my request to upgrade to the DDP+. She stated that it's not possible with my current offer (FD BB). I think this is the first time Disney didn't want to take my money!

That is what I was told today....I couldn't believe that Disney didn't want to take more of money either. 😭

We (3ppl) already planned to add DxDDP for 2 nights at the Poly to use over 3 days.
$119 x 3ppl x 2 nights = $714 and includes:
18 TS credits with Appetizers
12 snacks

I wanted to compare it DDP+. To get 18 TS credits, we'd need 3 nights.
$95 x 3ppl x 3 nights = $855 and includes:
18 TS credits (No Apps)
18 snacks

We save $140 with DxDDP. It gives up 6 snacks but gains 18 appetizers. That's a win in my book :)

Not a chance, the prices for the package are about $250 higher in the last couple of days and there's no FD. Even the CM said "I don't think you want to change, it's significantly more" We've always had more than enough food with the DDP, if we want an extra TS meal at this point we'll just pay OOP.

That just now happened to me! I called to add dining to our first reservation (we had to do a split stay due to lack of availability for the entire stay), and since I have an AP I’m “room only” with the discounted AP rate. In order to add dining, I’d have to rebook the reservation. For a ONE night rebooking with the dining +, she quoted me $700 something. The dining for an adult and two kids is about $170. The rest is for the non-discounted part of my paid room.

So no dining plan added for this AP holder. You’d think that they’d happily take our money, but since I don’t have a package she said it’d have to be rebooked at the current room rate.

I called this morning to upgrade our bounce back from DDP to DDP+, the cast member told me she had to put in the request and within 24hrs I should receive an email and see the change in MDE. I think like everything else it can depend who you get on the phone. I would definitely try again. I'm patiently waiting and hopeful she was right and I will see the upgrade tomorrow if not sooner.
Surprised they can't just do it.

Though irritating, I am not surprised that adding dining to room only is a rebook; the reservation is converting to a package which are 2 completely different birds. Different deposit, cancellation rules, etc. As far as adjusting dining on a package, I bet the software sees a “new to the system” option the same as switching from room only to package. I have changed the dining on my existing package before with no issue on the reservation end. Now I did have issues once I checked in, but that is a story for another thread...

Though irritating, I am not surprised that adding dining to room only is a rebook; the reservation is converting to a package which are 2 completely different birds. Different deposit, cancellation rules, etc. As far as adjusting dining on a package, I bet the software sees a “new to the system” option the same as switching from room only to package. I have changed the dining on my existing package before with no issue on the reservation end. Now I did have issues once I checked in, but that is a story for another thread...

Yes I get that, and can see it. The thing is, with an AP, I won’t ever have a ‘package’’ in the sense that I have a room and tickets under my own name unless I already booked the dining plan. If that was the case, I wouldn’t be calling to book a dining plan............... So that’s the rub. I don’t expect special treatment with an AP, but you’d think you could add the dining plan to a reservation with an AP.

While it is true that a room only becomes a package, this has been done countless times in the past with no problem whatsoever and no upcharge or needing to book a different room category. Doing a ticketless package has always been seamless until now. The only explanation that makes sense is that this is a glitch. It is a new category and it almost always takes Disney IT a bit of time to get the new stuff right. I truly believe this will eventually be worked out and AP, free dining, discounted, no matter what type of room only you have will be able to get this new plan without having to pay anything extra except the cost of the plan.

While it is true that a room only becomes a package, this has been done countless times in the past with no problem whatsoever and no upcharge or needing to book a different room category. Doing a ticketless package has always been seamless until now. The only explanation that makes sense is that this is a glitch. It is a new category and it almost always takes Disney IT a bit of time to get the new stuff right. I truly believe this will eventually be worked out and AP, free dining, discounted, no matter what type of room only you have will be able to get this new plan without having to pay anything extra except the cost of the plan.

Agree completely. It's NEVER been a problem before now.

Also agree that it's probably a glitch. Unless your vacation is next week, I'd just relax and give it some time....then call. Otherwise, you're just wasting your time.

Hoping to hear updates on the AP situation and booking dining or adding it to your reservation - was planning on upgrading to AP’s on our May trip and we always get some type of DP.

But they wouldn’t let me book ANY category of dining at all. Not QS, not DDP, and not DDP+. I asked. Well, let me correct myself. I could book it by cancelling my reservation and rebooking it at rack rates and then adding the dining plan. So that’s the reason it was over $700 to add it (for one night!) because the dining plan was something like $230 for myself and two kids for one night, and the rack rate at the Beach club for that one night was $400something more.

But they wouldn’t let me book ANY category of dining at all. Not QS, not DDP, and not DDP+. I asked. Well, let me correct myself. I could book it by cancelling my reservation and rebooking it at rack rates and then adding the dining plan. So that’s the reason it was over $700 to add it (for one night!) because the dining plan was something like $230 for myself and two kids for one night, and the rack rate at the Beach club for that one night was $400something more.

You got a CM who didn't know what they were doing. If you're wanting one of the old plans, call back and ask again. You don't lose your discount when adding dining.

You got a CM who didn't know what they were doing. If you're wanting one of the old plans, call back and ask again. You don't lose your discount when adding dining.

I thought that at first, but she did try several different times and then put me on a short hold while she asked someone else. I can always try again later (our trip is in May).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!