• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DDP or Cash?

Epcot242

DIS Veteran
For those who have used the DDP and cash, which did you prefer? We've always used cash or credit card - just something with no restrictions and we've enjoyed the versatility, but with money tight with this new trip, would it be the better choice to go with the DDP? Which did you guys like better? Any suggestions would be great. Thank you!

I tried the DDP once and found it too restrictive. In my planning, I found myself saying things like, "No, we can't go to MK that morning, because we have to do a CS meal, so we have to go to AK."

We ended up not using all our CS meals and paying for extra TS ones.

I find it too restrictive and won't be doing it again.

It really depends on how your family likes to eat. If you are comfortable with the idea of basically eating a TS, a CS, and a snack each day (yes, I realize that you can do any combination you'd like, but it needs to average out to this), you can save significant $ with the plan. If you are a person who likes to do CS only, this won't save any money.

My sis likes to do a character breakfast and a TS dinner each day...another example of how/why it won't work for them.

I guess it is a matter of which is more important--a little inconvenience in planning vs. saving money. Of course, each park has some CS and some TS available...with a little planning, it can be worked out quite nicely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter