DDP questions with a son of 10

SantiJB

Mouseketeer
Hi

In our next trip de WDW, one of our sons will be 10 and according disney he is going to be considered as an adult for DDP purposes. However, considering the menus of TS restaurants I think that probably he will prefer to order of kids menu

Is it possible? An adult can order from kids menu in TS restaurants "a la carte" (yak and yeti or callifornia grill)??

An what about TS restaurants with fix prices for adults and kids (buffets or family style), at the check-in of the restaurant, the cast member ask you the age of the kids? or how they know the age of the children?

Thank you very much for your comments.

Adults can order off the kid's menu at the a la carte places. If you're on the DDP, you're paying too much unless you pay OOP for his meal and use his credits for more meals. Sometimes a restaurant will give you a larger portion (more adult size portion) of a kid's meal, and then that would be a good use of his credit.

At buffets, they won't ask the age of your child, but if you use your magic band to pay, I think they will know the age of your child.

Thank you very much for your comments. In relation to a la carte restaurants that is exactly what I will try to do: save some TS adults credits for other restaurants (for instance signature where we need 2TS). In that case, if my 10 years old son could ask off kids menu, we can save his TS credit.

As you mentioned in some TS restaurants if an adult (father or mother) can order off kids menu and sometime he/she obtain a larger portion of a kid's meal, in that case, what is the price of that portion??? I suppose that the price of that kids meal is increased or not?

As you mentioned in some TS restaurants if an adult (father or mother) can order off kids menu and sometime he/she obtain a larger portion of a kid's meal, in that case, what is the price of that portion??? I suppose that the price of that kids meal is increased or not?

I don't know how they would price it, but the price will increase. My guess is each restaurant will be different, so just ask.

We did precisely this with our then-10-year old son back in 2016. From a quantity and pickiness standpoint, a kid's meal was perfect for him; we payed for those OOP and saved the extra credits to pay for an extra character meal or two.

We did precisely this with our then-10-year old son back in 2016. From a quantity and pickiness standpoint, a kid's meal was perfect for him; we payed for those OOP and saved the extra credits to pay for an extra character meal or two.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, what about with buffets and family style restaurants? Did your son pay as an adult or as a child?

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, what about with buffets and family style restaurants? Did your son pay as an adult or as a child?
He will pay the adult price. It is against disboards rules to talk about breaking the rules at wdw. You could be banned for doing so.

As an adult. We used his credits there for him, and the extra credits for him and us at an extra character meal.

At age 10 everyone is considered a dining adult and will be charged that price for buffets and family style meals. That is one rule Disney has no bend whatsoever on.

You don't have any flexibility for an all you can eat meal. The adult price will be charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter