DDP Quick Service Question - Substituting drink with a snack or side

kmb

Earning My Ears
I have the QS DDP for my upcoming trip. I recently read on a blog that you can replace the drink that is included with the meal with a snack or a side I have never heard of this. Is this accurate?

Haven't heard of it. You can obviously ask. Expect a "no" and he pleasantly surprised if they say yes.

I think people are reporting this is usually allowed at resorts (because of the refillable mug). However, not every resort will do it so it isn’t necessarily a given).

I have the QS DDP for my upcoming trip. I recently read on a blog that you can replace the drink that is included with the meal with a snack or a side I have never heard of this. Is this accurate?
We were able to constantly do this at our resort since we had the refillable mugs. Also, Columbia Harbor House at MK let us sub dessert for drink as well at Backlot Express at HS. I think it depends on each individual restaurant in the parks and even each individual cast member. Other QS counters at various resorts that we visited allowed us to do this as well. Our trip was a few weeks ago.

ETA: Hubby and I typically stuck with our alcoholic drink beverage but this was a great option for the kids...or when I was in the mood for a big ole dessert!

A few years ago you could most places (it was 1 specific year, right before they switched to no dessert for QS and 2 snacks day.) Before that you could at some, most resorts and we were able to at Cosmic Rays once. Since that year we have been able to almost always at resorts (there was 1 year at Pop where they wouldn't allow it, so we stopped eating there ans ate at AoA that trip, but I have since read that they're back to having ths same rules at the rest of the resorts and allow it now,) but haven't really asked in the parks.

We've stayed/eaten at the following and always sub side for our drinks with no issues, other than Pop 1 year:

CR
Poly
WL
YC
BC
Boardwalk
POFQ
POR
CB
ASMo
ASMu
ASSp
AoA
Pop

Reactions: kmb
It did not work when I tried at Wolfgang Puck Express today. Her only drink choices were bottled water, a fountain drink or a juice box. No other bottled waters or specialty drinks were allowed. We did get salmon there which was delicious so I think we still got our $$$ worth.

Most resort quick service locations will allow you to exchange a drink for a snack or dessert. The refillable mugs are only supposed to be used at the resorts. We have never had a problem using the mugs and getting a snack at POP.x

So if I get a breakfast platter at ASMu, I should be able to get a side (say, fruit or yogurt) instead of the drink, because I already have a mug for my coffee?

As long as it states (look for purple and white icon) next to item you would like. Fruit and yogurt are on the "snack" credit list.

For those trying to use it at any other places but Disney resorts. The refillable mugs can ONLY be used at the resorts. I'm not saying that others havent had luck elsewhere, but Disney's policy is only at resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter