DD's MIL just invited herself, the drama begins....

How do you know the MIL isn't a nice person, just because she wants to join her son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren? The information we have is coming from the dauhter's father(OP), who, I am assuming, has his own bias.
But she doesn't just want to join them.

She wants to bring along another child.

Sorry, nice people don't invite themselves, plus others, on vacation.

This whole thread aside .............. I LOVE THIS STORY! :love:

It's not about money & gifts, it's not about including or excluding on trips (even the closest are not always travel compatible), it's not about what one grandkid gets vs another. It's all about the singular relationship one has with an elder and how it is embraced by each.

Please, if you still have Marsha Fiona and those handmade britches, make sure they are saved and not lost. I still have my original 50 year old Barbie and a few outfits but especially the wedding gown my Mom made the one year she dressed my old Barbie & Ken & friends up in handmade wedding party attire because they couldn't afford lots of gifts. I snuck downstairs during the night to see what Santa brought ... and when I saw them all standing there beautifully dressed ....... I was so excited I threw up. But what a wonderful memory because of the time and work spent .............. not the money, not the vacation but something equally as powerful.

!

My daughter has put Marsha Fiona away for Kady, and I hope that her clothing is with her as well. Cabbage Patch dolls were difficult to clothe in Disney outfits so we would take Kady to Build a bear and she would choose outfits there. My favorite was the hula outfit when we stayed at that Poly! LOL!
The little underwear actually were some of Kady's that were tailored to fit, and while there had been a day when my Mom could have whipped them up on her own she could not at that stage. She did however drop everything when she got Kady's frantic call that poor Marsha Fiona did not have enough unders for a trip on the afternoon before we were to leave.
These two were an unlikely pair. A tiny 4 year old child and an 85 year old lady, both who adored the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter