Deals on Booking on Current Cruise

CRSNDSNY

DIS Veteran
Can someone please give me some details on the types of 'deals' you get offered during the end of your cruise if you book again during the current?

We didn't pay much attention to this last time.

when booking onboard for a future cruise, you will receive a stateroom credit for that cruise for an amount as high as $200.00 for a 7 day.

The cash prices of the cruises are also discounted quite a bit. If you are a DVC member and are 11 months out than you will get a discount in your points. By the way I asked them about if you were a year out and they said they are working on a new program for folks like me that like to cruise at the same time each year which also happens to be their use year and end up being unelligable for the discounts. Should be available next year.

Would I still be eligible for the discounts/credits if I've already booked before I left for my upcoming cruise? We are already CC Members. In other words, if I am going on our 2nd DC in January 03 and want to book tonight for our January 04, when I am onboard for my January 03, can I get the applied benefits for my already-booked January 04?

I'm confusing myself!!! :confused:

When we crusied recently, the difference between the rebooking from one year ago (Cat. 9) was approx. $500 more for two people.

You will only get the shipboard credit by booking while on the ship. You will not be able to apply this to an existing reservation made before you cruise.

Originally posted by CRSNDSNY
Would I still be eligible for the discounts/credits if I've already booked before I left for my upcoming cruise?
The only way to get the credit is to rebook. If the price has gone up more than $200 since you first booked, it won't be worth it.

If you don't mind paying a deposit, it's worth it to book in advance while on board. You get the credit, and can change dates without losing it.

If you have already booked prior to cruising, you can have your deposit applied to the new booking. This was not possible at first, but I believe that they have the capacity to do so now.

If you have trouble tying up the money, be sure you get a stateroom that can accommodate the correct number of people in your party (if it is more than 2 :)), and then just book it as a double and pay the deposit for 2 right now. When you get home and can pay the rest of the deposits, add the others, but DON'T WAIT TOO LONG! The price can increase to add others and if it is a busy cruise (peak season, Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter), the triple/quad space may be sold out or the Children's Programming can reach capacity.

Hope that helps and isn't too confusing.
Cathy

There didn't seem to be any special prices when we rebooked.....just the $200 per cabin credit. We rebooked 2 rooms, so I sure wish there had been special rates.;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter