Death in the family & title transfer

Jodi

DIS Veteran
Hey guys-

My mom recently passed & her name is on my DVC (2 contracts) deeds. I emailed member services as I'd like to replace her name with my son's. This was their response:

A) You can hire our in-house title company, Vista Title Insurance Agency, LLC. They can prepare gratuitous transfers for our Florida-based resorts starting at $375 plus closing costs per contract. Please note, all loans and dues must be paid in full. If you are interested in using Vista Title, we can put together a detailed estimate for you. They will create and process all necessary documentation needed for the transfer.
or
B) You can hire a Florida title agent or attorney to assist you with creating and recording your new deed. Any fees charged for their services would be determined by the company you choose.

Has anyone else had to do this on their own before & used their own title agent? I'm looking to save some funds, but am thinking that it may be easier to just let DVC do it & pay them directly.

Thanks in advance for any knowledge you may be able to share.

Jodi

First I am sorry for your loss. We have added our adult children and we did use the title agency recommended by DVC..which was different than above.

People have had good success with LT Transfers and they might be a little cheaper.

There is a way to do it yourself but I wasn’t comfortable with that and it was worth the extra few hundred for us.

The doc prep fee for LT Transfers starts at $225 (plus postage and recording fees) per contract.

Sorry for your loss. I have not taken anyone off the but have added. There is a thread , I am sorry I cant find it,,but you can search for it. The procedure is very easy for adding, not sure about taking away.

Thank you for your kind words & advice everyone! It all seems a bit clearer to me know, I appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter