Debate: Is it even worth it to be inside the parks in the middle of the day?

I don't want to scare you, but we have been in the summer the last 8 years- 4 times in June and then 4 times in July and the weekends have always been less crowded for us. Weekdays in July have not typically been that bad though- I don't know what was up with Tuesday this week- Wednesday was much better. Maybe it is because Fantasmic was back and people had stayed away a while because of the heat. My friend was there the week before and said it was not crowded.

DL always seems worse. We always get hopper and will jump around if it gets too crowded in one park. Just based on our experiences over the years, I would guess Wednesday would be the better day for DL.

We would not take a break for 2 days. Too much to do and too little time. The most important think for you will be to get there at rope drop. Even on a crowded day those first couple of hours are usually great and you can get a lot done. If you need a break in the afternoon at CA you can go see Frozen or do animation academy.

Thank you! We are doing DCA next Tuesday and DL on Wednesday and plan to be there at rope drop. We did not get the hopper. We are used to not getting it at WDW and this trip is already costing us a million dollars (haha) so I was trying to cut back where I could, so the hopper was out. I hope I don't regret it though!

Last edited:
We like the parks in the middle of the day, but we've learned to stay far away from the parade route! As soon as they start roping off the seating areas for the afternoon parade, it's time to head deep into Adventureland, New Orleans Square, or go visit Pooh. We plan to stay in those areas until the parade is over. We try to do the same for the evening parade and fireworks. We're not parade people and we're fine if we don't see the fireworks from Main Street. We just like to get out of the way of the crowds and try not to cross Main Street until it's all over. The same goes for the river during the first showing of Fantasmic. Unless we plan to see the show, we stay far away!

.....well.....with the first time visitors I take to Disneyland, it is not worth it to stay all day, we always go back to lodging and lay down, hydrate, snack and maybe nap. Because being rested and full of energy is so much better at night to take in that whole new activity, most of my first time visitors enjoy the night better than daytime, not so much on the early mornings I drag them to though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter