Debt Dumpers - 2019

Checking in and hope all of you with no electricity get hooked up soon.
I've been paying every extra bit I can to my car loan. It should be gone in 5 weeks.
All together it will have taken 9 months to pay off. Assuming all goes according to plan. I like that much better than 4 years! :woohoo:
Dh had some OT last weekend so it will likely be even sooner.

Ironically I got an email today from a TA in Italy that coordinates trips centered around Andrea Bocelli's concert in his hometown outside of Florence. They have been doing this for several years and it keeps growing each year. They said plans should be available approx. next week to start booking. Coincidentally, I got more blank checks in the mail from 2 cc banks for 0% offers same day the email arrived. Is that a "sign"? lol
Dh would be so thrilled to do this and next year is our 25th anniversary. He is always so easy going and letting me choose trips that I like so it's about time we do something for him.
Such a dilemma. I'll be paying off our cruise to Norway by the end of April and really hadn't planned on doing another 0% deal. I also don't know that I can get that week off work. Surely I would at least need to buy trip insurance that covers work-related reasons.
Sigh... I'll need to sleep on this one. It would make a great Christmas gift. ;)

Checking in and hope all of you with no electricity get hooked up soon.
I've been paying every extra bit I can to my car loan. It should be gone in 5 weeks.
All together it will have taken 9 months to pay off. Assuming all goes according to plan. I like that much better than 4 years! :woohoo:
Dh had some OT last weekend so it will likely be even sooner.
Awesome! I still have three years left on mine, lol!

Oh, and yes maybe the cc offer is a sign, ha! Italy would be amazing though, so there is that.

Last edited:
Day three without power...I'm losing hearing in my left eye...

Bought my DL tickets yesterday and printed them so that I could hold them. :rotfl2:

I've been functioning without the spreadsheet after paying CC's off and realized yesterday that was a bad move. If it's not in front of me, I lose track. This is all still a learning process with saving and paying off, so I'm not going to fall off of the train. Everything is still on target, car to be paid off in Feb. House in Dec. 2021. And I've been upping my Roth contributions after getting a pay increase last month. DH and I need to sit down with a planner and look at our retirement, even though we are in our mid 40's. I have a retirement fund that I can pull from in 2029 (public fund) and I will because I'd only get $12/month if I waited an extra 10 years to "full" retirement age.

Day three without power...I'm losing hearing in my left eye...

Bought my DL tickets yesterday and printed them so that I could hold them. :rotfl2:

I've been functioning without the spreadsheet after paying CC's off and realized yesterday that was a bad move. If it's not in front of me, I lose track. This is all still a learning process with saving and paying off, so I'm not going to fall off of the train. Everything is still on target, car to be paid off in Feb. House in Dec. 2021. And I've been upping my Roth contributions after getting a pay increase last month. DH and I need to sit down with a planner and look at our retirement, even though we are in our mid 40's. I have a retirement fund that I can pull from in 2029 (public fund) and I will because I'd only get $12/month if I waited an extra 10 years to "full" retirement age.
No power this long? ! That's awful. About your fund that's $12 a month for an extra 10 year wait, what is it if you don't wait 10 years!? Mid 40s isn't too early to look at retirement plans, it's a great time. Our retirement is somewhat staggered, once from military and another retirement later on. I'm sure we'll move at least twice in retirement.

Not logging anything in my budget app this month. Not intentionally, just how the month is going. I am waiting for a consignment check. I'm doing a little work on consigning things, to see if it's worthwhile and since not working full time, I've got time to do that. Has anyone had success in this? It seems like a lot of work, but I was able to take a huge overflowing moving box of clothes I had set aside for donations that was overgrowing in our spare bedroom, and I went through and made three stacks with donate/trash/consign. Consign being the better quality clothes that just happened to be outgrown, and also some toys, some were unopened items. I plan to downsize my entire closet, I have so many things that aren't being used due to career changes, look, or that just don't fit anymore, but are really well taken care of and look still good. I don't know if anyone has seen Marie Kondo, but when I look at my closet and drawers I seriously get what she's talking about! It just feels overwhelming and like a big weight not too mention trying to find anything in there.

Has anyone had any issues with ordering online at Target recently since the launch of Circle? I can't get past the ready to checkout button on laptop or phone app. On laptop I've tried on Chrome, Edge, and Explorer. These are the latest versions. On the phone I deleted the app and reloaded it. Just wondering if there is something going on with the launch of Circle or if it's just me!

Debt Dumper friends, talk to me. I've never been to a World of Color anything. Last time I was at Disney, I was with family members who were grumpy and tired and just wanted to leave instead of watching WoC. DH and I are going to CA for a day next month and I'm torn: dining package at the Wine Trattoria ($100 + tax and tip) or the dessert package ($168 total) where we can SIT!

Debt Dumper friends, talk to me. I've never been to a World of Color anything. Last time I was at Disney, I was with family members who were grumpy and tired and just wanted to leave instead of watching WoC. DH and I are going to CA for a day next month and I'm torn: dining package at the Wine Trattoria ($100 + tax and tip) or the dessert package ($168 total) where we can SIT!

I haven't seen WOC in a good number of years, but i'm always lurking on the Disneyland forum. Most people tend to recommend the dessert party for the simple fact that you can sit and you don't have to show up ridiculously early to get a good spot. If you get the dining package you'll get fast passes with you "color section" listed on it (or maybe it's a designated spot for the dining package?), either way you'll still have to get their an hour+ early to get a decent standing spot. Plus you have the chance that someone taller than you will be in front of you and your view will still be obstructed. With the dessert party I believe you only have to show up 30-45 mins in advance to check in and all the tables have a good unobstructed view. If you can find the money in your budget for the dessert party vs. the dining package i'd probably splurge on the dessert party.

Has anyone had any issues with ordering online at Target recently since the launch of Circle
So far I hate Circle. Hard to navigate, all the pages are weird now, and glitchy (?) when trying to purchase. Honestly, it just looks like a gimmick to me, there was nothing wrong with the previous website & system. Why do businesses constantly change their websites??? Need to stay new, hip, & edgy? I just want to buy stuff.

I would be tempted to spring for the dessert party. It's nice to just have a seat and not be fighting the crowd for a spot in a section. The first time we did the dessert party we actually did the WCT dining package too. We did the dining package first with family, and then DH and I did the dessert party alone a few nights later (I surprised him with it, it was new at the time). The dessert party was way better, and we also realized that we had lucked out with our dining package night not being that full overall. Just know that as a party of two you may be seated with another party of two.

Now I want to go to Disneyland... 🤔

Has anyone had any issues with ordering online at Target recently since the launch of Circle? I can't get past the ready to checkout button on laptop or phone app. On laptop I've tried on Chrome, Edge, and Explorer. These are the latest versions. On the phone I deleted the app and reloaded it. Just wondering if there is something going on with the launch of Circle or if it's just me!

I ordered some things on Saturday without any problems from Target.

I ordered some things on Saturday without any problems from Target.
Something happened to my Target account :headache: ever since Circle launched. Like I said I can't use my account on laptop or phone, and I checked I had the latest browser versions and all that, so I know that wasn't it.
So, now I went in and created a new Target account, and used another email I have (but don't want to use because I never really check it) and, no problem, able to process the order. I used my same Target debit Redcard, so it wasn't a Redcard issue. Weird.

Goals

Pay off CC debt. No more of that.
More in savings.
Pay off car and put more money away for repairs and basic care
Put more money away for retirement.
Good start! We'll cheer you on if you post your progress!!!
Story of my life. Especially being only a 7ish hour drive away. 😒 But luckily we go in two weeks for one last trip before our APs expire. 😭😭😭😭
I'm so excited to go when the Christmas decor is up! Made a dinner reservation for Cafe Orleans. And I think I'm going to pull the trigger and do the dessert party! Happy early anniversary to us!

I'm so excited to go when the Christmas decor is up! Made a dinner reservation for Cafe Orleans. And I think I'm going to pull the trigger and do the dessert party! Happy early anniversary to us!

The Christmas decor is my absolute favorite. My DH proposed during Christmas in front of the castle. You guys will have a blast!

Attachments

• 1462959_10152123162918338_1088995474_n.jpg
    1462959_10152123162918338_1088995474_n.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 26
It is tough. But with some planning, you can do it! Are you going to use a budgeting app or a snowball spreadsheet to help you?

I am going to try to use a budget app. I am terrible at doing a spreadsheet. I forget to enter things. My mother gave me her version of quick books but I am lousy at it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!