Debt Dumpers - 2019

It sounds like a good side hustle. I'd need the initial cash available to move around it seems, not sure if I'd make that DD amount. Do you just have to make sure you deposit that amount, or do you have to leave it in there three months?

For some bonuses they want you to leave it in for a specific time frame, or there's a min balance to prevent a monthly fee from being charged. For the WF bonus I mentioned, no, there is no need to keep it in there. It literally sits there for a day to register as a dd then transfer out and I keep around $5 in there.

I also push bill money to some of our WF accounts then pay the bills from there so I need not pull it back. (I'm doing 3 of these so detailed notes are essential.) Luckily car ins and property taxes are due so they are big chunks right there.

Honestly, when I was still paying down cc debt, I would not have been able to manage this. It was a lot easier when I was saving for a car and had the down payment $ just sitting there. Now I'm "borrowing" from Christmas fund, escrow acct, etc.

I didn't even look at it for a while after my mom died but just from Oct-Dec we'll pull in 1800 and ds19 over 2500 for the year with PNC and TD bank waiting for after the holidays to pursue, another $600 for ds.
I like making money in my pajamas.

:thumbsup2

For some bonuses they want you to leave it in for a specific time frame, or there's a min balance to prevent a monthly fee from being charged. For the WF bonus I mentioned, no, there is no need to keep it in there. It literally sits there for a day to register as a dd then transfer out and I keep around $5 in there.
Thank you for talking about it, I'm not opposed to trying this. I just need to think out my plan to use the deposits for bill paying.

Thank you for talking about it, I'm not opposed to trying this. I just need to think out my plan to use the deposits for bill paying.

For 2018 and 2017 we averaged around $4800-5000 in extra income for the year. This was for getting 2 accounts from each bank, one for dh and one for me.
Some have household limits so then we just do one.

I have done a little bit of cc churning but not much. I have to draw the line at how much I'm able to keep track of things. I lean toward bank bonuses because they help pay down debt, don't encourage me to spend more and don't affect my FICO score.
For 2018 and 2017 we averaged around $4800-5000 in extra income for the year. This was for getting 2 accounts from each bank, one for dh and one for me.
Some have household limits so then we just do one.
Pardon my confusion, but do you churn while you still have debt? I'm going to start in 2020, with zero CC debt and no car payments. But I don't have the hefty deposits to go with the bank bonuses yet. Maybe by the end of 2020!

Pardon my confusion, but do you churn while you still have debt? I'm going to start in 2020, with zero CC debt and no car payments. But I don't have the hefty deposits to go with the bank bonuses yet. Maybe by the end of 2020!

My current debt is very new. My car loan 1st payment was in March then in July I took an offer for 0% BT to do the cruise to Norway. Prior to that we were debt free. (well still with mortgage but that is < 9 yrs remaining) They don't all need hefty deposits.

https://financialpanther.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-bank-account-bonuses/

So I got the notification from YNAB this morning that YNAB4 will no longer be supported on Macs starting 10/31. I'm already having issues with YNAB syncing on my iphone, not sure if that's related at all, but it hasn't synced since 10/20. So I guess I'm trying to figure out if going forward do I switch to web-based YNAB and pay for it, which really irks me, or go to Mint. Mint isn't zero-dollar budget based right? It's just kind of an input your money type deal?

Mint isn't zero-dollar budget based right? It's just kind of an input your money type deal?
I wish I could help with an answer about Mint, but I don't use it. I use EveryDollar (on months when I do use it), and that is zero-based. It seems from what I see across budgeting/financial boards that YNAB is worth the cost.

So I got the notification from YNAB this morning that YNAB4 will no longer be supported on Macs starting 10/31. I'm already having issues with YNAB syncing on my iphone, not sure if that's related at all, but it hasn't synced since 10/20. So I guess I'm trying to figure out if going forward do I switch to web-based YNAB and pay for it, which really irks me, or go to Mint. Mint isn't zero-dollar budget based right? It's just kind of an input your money type deal?
I also use Every Dollar. I have never used YNAB so I can't compare. But I do like Every Dollar. It is very user friendly.

We got back from our WDW trip on Saturday and we had such a great trip! It was wonderful to have my parents, brother, SIL and SIL's mom with us on the trip. We didn't spend 100% of the time together but did do many rides and meals as a larger group. We spent much more time with just my parents. My parents really loved spending time with DD and she loved all of the attention from everyone.

Budgetwise, I think we did pretty well. I had all of the food costs covered through purchasing the dining plan and covering tips and a few extras with a gift card that we had. DH and I both spent our entire November allowance and part of our December allowances though. But spending $213 each on making lightsabers was 100% worth it. The experience was really cool and the lightsabers themselves are awesome. DH bought a red kyber crystal because he really wanted to see if he could get the rare black crystal. Well, he got it first try, so that was exciting too. I also purchased several pins, a F&W bag, a F&W shirt and a Chef Figment Funko Pop.

We are fully on track with our budget for October and things look good heading into November as well. We had left over money in the grocery budget this month due to our WDW trip, so I used it to prepay our Thanksgiving meal. We usually travel to visit my parents, but due to the plan for an IVF transfer in early December, we can't travel this year. I decided to give Boston Market a try to keep things simple and reduce all the work we would need to do.

I have the food money set aside for our WDW week in December and am now turning to saving for our final cruise payment that is due in January, then I need to save for our cruise excursions by April.

We got back from our WDW trip on Saturday and we had such a great trip! It was wonderful to have my parents, brother, SIL and SIL's mom with us on the trip. We didn't spend 100% of the time together but did do many rides and meals as a larger group. We spent much more time with just my parents. My parents really loved spending time with DD and she loved all of the attention from everyone.

Budgetwise, I think we did pretty well. I had all of the food costs covered through purchasing the dining plan and covering tips and a few extras with a gift card that we had. DH and I both spent our entire November allowance and part of our December allowances though. But spending $213 each on making lightsabers was 100% worth it. The experience was really cool and the lightsabers themselves are awesome. DH bought a red kyber crystal because he really wanted to see if he could get the rare black crystal. Well, he got it first try, so that was exciting too. I also purchased several pins, a F&W bag, a F&W shirt and a Chef Figment Funko Pop.

We are fully on track with our budget for October and things look good heading into November as well. We had left over money in the grocery budget this month due to our WDW trip, so I used it to prepay our Thanksgiving meal. We usually travel to visit my parents, but due to the plan for an IVF transfer in early December, we can't travel this year. I decided to give Boston Market a try to keep things simple and reduce all the work we would need to do.

I have the food money set aside for our WDW week in December and am now turning to saving for our final cruise payment that is due in January, then I need to save for our cruise excursions by April.
Sounds like a great trip! And some more upcoming! Yay, cruise!? What line? We are looking to go on RC in 2020.

We are definitely alone in our love to travel and cruise in our family, of those left nobody will spend money to travel. And cc bonuses play, not a chance.

Sounds like a great trip! And some more upcoming! Yay, cruise!? What line? We are looking to go on RC in 2020.

We are definitely alone in our love to travel and cruise in our family, of those left nobody will spend money to travel. And cc bonuses play, not a chance.

It will be a Royal Caribbean cruise leaving out of Barcelona.

We traveled a lot as kids with my parents, so myself and my siblings grew up appreciating it. DH didn't travel much as a kid, but he definitely loves all of the trips that we have been on together. We actually sat down last night and thought about potential travel plans through 2024. We budget for travel as much as possible. There are so many places to see!

It will be a Royal Caribbean cruise leaving out of Barcelona.

We traveled a lot as kids with my parents, so myself and my siblings grew up appreciating it. DH didn't travel much as a kid, but he definitely loves all of the trips that we have been on together. We actually sat down last night and thought about potential travel plans through 2024. We budget for travel as much as possible. There are so many places to see!
Oh wow! My bucket list cruise one day will be from Europe. We typically look at cruises to Caribbean/Bahamas, and then once we did a west coast cruise out of the Los Angeles area, it wasn't our best cruise. Looking at Harmony of the Seas next year from Port Canaveral late summer now.

DH and I somehow evolved a tradition of going on one weeklong trip every summer with the kids, and it stuck. This year we altered timing a bit, though with WDW in April. My dad loved traveling, my parents were divorced so often I'd join him during his trip which sort of corresponded as a visit, during school vacation if I was able to. But he always did a one month travel once or twice a year, and would rent something similar to how people now rent others' places on AirBnB now, though I have no idea how he found these apartments as this was pre-internet and always at an incredible deal. And always coastal, walking distance to the beach, and his favorite was San Diego County. I think that's where I appreciated and learned my love of travel from.

We didn't travel when I was a kid. Such is the path for one of four kids and one working parent. Hubs didn't travel much either. Once we finally got on board with debt dumping, he saw how much would be freed up for retirement and travel. I did a little presentation about CC churning for travel. He is so excited to start working on that next year! He's always dreamed of going to Austria. I'd like to go to Ireland and back to Australia (went as a kid on a missions trip). Plus, we'd like to go back to WDW. My baby bank bonus that I've opened will specifically be for vacation savings. He doesn't even know yet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!