Debt Dumpers - 2019

Is anyone else skirting the line between being responsible with Christmas spending and going all out and saying screw the budget?

No? Just me?

Okay, so I finished the shopping for the kids. They were easy. My husband and I had agreed on no gifts for each other because our Vegas trip/concert in June was a BIG expense and we agreed it would bee our early xmas gift. But I wanted him to have something to unwrap, so got him a couple Star wars themed bar accessories. He ordered me a pair of earrings I have wanted for awhile.

Here's where I'm conflicted. His birthday is a week before Xmas. He bought a VERY expensive Lego set in July before he left for Japan. He said "this will be my birthday present." Now, I feel bad that he doesn't have any birthday presents and I know he wants the Lego Batmobile. Its $250, but we have $60 in Lego rewards I can use towards it. He doesn't know I know he wants it, but I saw it in his Lego account cart. I want to surprise him with it. He has had a ROUGH time, mentally, lately, and I want to cheer him up.

Should I just do it?

Is anyone else skirting the line between being responsible with Christmas spending and going all out and saying screw the budget?

No? Just me?

Okay, so I finished the shopping for the kids. They were easy. My husband and I had agreed on no gifts for each other because our Vegas trip/concert in June was a BIG expense and we agreed it would bee our early xmas gift. But I wanted him to have something to unwrap, so got him a couple Star wars themed bar accessories. He ordered me a pair of earrings I have wanted for awhile.

Here's where I'm conflicted. His birthday is a week before Xmas. He bought a VERY expensive Lego set in July before he left for Japan. He said "this will be my birthday present." Now, I feel bad that he doesn't have any birthday presents and I know he wants the Lego Batmobile. Its $250, but we have $60 in Lego rewards I can use towards it. He doesn't know I know he wants it, but I saw it in his Lego account cart. I want to surprise him with it. He has had a ROUGH time, mentally, lately, and I want to cheer him up.

Should I just do it?
I say life is short, do it.

No? Just me?

Should I just do it?
I am over spent some on Christmas technically. I'm almost done though, and then mail things next week. If you think he'll enjoy it, why not? Unless he would be upset at the cost?

I am over spent some on Christmas technically. I'm almost done though, and then mail things next week. If you think he'll enjoy it, why not? Unless he would be upset at the cost?

It's an internal struggle. He isn't really involved in the day to day money management. In his opinion, Legos are ALWAYS approved.

I don't think I can do it. We are already overstretched for making our cc payments in January. I'm going to have to carry a balance for like a month, which we never do. I can't in good conscience add to that. Still not technically done Christmas shopping either.

I went in for my blood draw this morning at 7:30 am. Results came back around noon saying that it was a positive pregnancy result with a good HCG level. I go back on Friday for another blood draw to make sure the HCG levels are rising as they should and everything looks on track. I didn't think I would get too emotional, but I totally cried with joy when I read the letter with the results. Then called DH, my mom and texted my best friend.

DH wants to decorate the baby's room in a Mandalorian theme.

Wonderful news!! Congrats!

No? Just me?

Should I just do it?
I most definitely would. That would be a great and thoughtful gift.

we are back from universal.

interesting time-floridians were in parkas standing around propane heaters when we arrived while we enjoyed the temps but by the time we left they were having higher than normal temps/humidity (too much for me-glad to be headed home to the snow that greeted us).

if the crowds at downtown disney were any indication of the parks there it must be a madhouse. we went to look around and had to leave b/c it was shoulder to shoulder. the universal parks were pretty manageable, a bit crowded on the weekends but i would encourage anyone heading there for hagrid's ride to wait MONTHS until they finish working the bugs out. it was constantly broken down, at least one morning it was broken from the get-go, never stayed open the entire day. the staff advises that it wasn't ready to be opened but the powers that be said it had be promoted with a summer opening so they had to launch.

before i go off to finish running my last load of vacation laundry and head off to restock the fridge i will reiterate my belief that noone should go on a vacation without more than one planned method of payment. we were at one of the loews properties at universal and their system had issues (still does) so that they had to do a system upgrade so no guests could do resort charging privileges on property or elsewhere. that means anyone who planned on paying off their entire balance with gift cards at the end would have been stuck unless every place they went to accepted those same gift cards. we don't do the gift card payment method for vacation so not an issue for us-but there were plenty of unhappy campers at the front desk when it was sprung on people hours before it happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter