Debt Dumpers - 2019

Happy Avengers day to those of you going to see the movie tonight!! (Myself included!)

My co-worker shared this article with me about the best times to use the restroom during this 3 hour long film: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/when-to-pee-during-avengers-endgame-bathroom-break/

popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

Going to see Avengers tonight at 10:20pm with my mom and one of my sisters. On Easter Sunday I went over to my parent's place and "caught up" with Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity War, and I am super excited to see it!

Got a check in the mail from the oral surgeon for $32 once insurance negotiated the price, so that is a nice little extra bit of money back I wasn't expecting. Went in for my orthodontics consultation today as well. My insurance only covers up to age 19, so I'll be paying this one out of pocket. However, my parents were very generous and said they would cover half of the amount since they could not afford braces for me when I was a teenager:thanks:. It'll have 0% interest, so I can just continue to focus on my student loans which definitely aren't at 0% interest ;)

Going to see Avengers tonight at 10:20pm with my mom and one of my sisters. On Easter Sunday I went over to my parent's place and "caught up" with Thor: Ragnarok and Infinity War, and I am super excited to see it!

Got a check in the mail from the oral surgeon for $32 once insurance negotiated the price, so that is a nice little extra bit of money back I wasn't expecting. Went in for my orthodontics consultation today as well. My insurance only covers up to age 19, so I'll be paying this one out of pocket. However, my parents were very generous and said they would cover half of the amount since they could not afford braces for me when I was a teenager:thanks:. It'll have 0% interest, so I can just continue to focus on my student loans which definitely aren't at 0% interest ;)

That $32 might get you a medium popcorn and small soda tonight :laughing:

I might be the only person not seeing that movie in the next week :rotfl2:

I did very much enjoy the Boathouse in DS, we went on a perfect evening not a cloud in the sky with 6:30 reservation and sat outside.

This is the exact experience I am hoping for in December! What did you order? I am newly cleared for shellfish after 11 years of being allergic. I am super excited for Boathouse!

I might be the only person not seeing that movie in the next week :rotfl2:

This is the exact experience I am hoping for in December! What did you order? I am newly cleared for shellfish after 11 years of being allergic. I am super excited for Boathouse!
Actually I’m not seeing it either, DH wanted to take kids, but it is really long.

Boathouse-I ordered the filet sliders, nothing seafood related lol even though at an ocean themed place. No help there! I really only like certain seafood, lobster tail, grilled shrimp, salmon, halibut but didn’t feel like any that night but lobster tail for doing a surf and turf but the menu was pretty big and I likely missed it! I thought I saw a whole lobster, not tail, I know there was a bisque. It’s a nice place especially if the weather is perfect for outside if no rain in the forecast outside was nice!

*I should say in case anyone considers the order, that the sliders are really very small, I’d say not more than 4-6oz. But for me, that’s perfect, I don’t like large meat dinners, especially considering how much bread we ate before!

Last edited:

No spoilers but I really loved the movie! It's my favorite marvel movie currently and I've seen them all! (Infinity War didn't even break top 5 for me)
Yes, thanks! I'm sure I'll accidentally, or purposely, see the major highlights of the movie recapped out there somewhere.

I just managed to finally see Captain Marvel last weekend and really liked it. I won't see the newest Avengers movie for at least another week or two - let the crowds die down even though I always go to early showings on Fridays since I have Fridays and Saturdays off.

In Sedona now - beautiful here and I'd highly recommend the Pink Jeep tours! We lucked out yesterday with a tour that ended around sunset with the bonus of a double rainbow over the red rocks. Super memorable and we had an awesome driver as well!

Oh, and the timeshare presentation wasn't as bad as I feared. Had to talk to three different sales people and say no 5-6 times but then I was home free! :teeth:

Doing okay for the month so far, not getting as much toward debt as I would like, but haven't created any new debt and I've been able to greatly reduce our grocery budget. At the beginning of the year I was spending about $100 per week for just myself and DH. I reduced that to $75 a week in February, and my new goal is $50 per week. Went food shopping today and managed to get all we needed for $55, and I got more than I planned as they had a great sale on something we use a lot of that's usually expensive so I'm calling that a win. Should be fine for the rest of the month too and looks like May should be good for debt dumping!

@Jen and Ashwin - Hi Jen, How are your Harry Potter Loot Crate boxes going this year? DS received his 2nd box last week which is supposed to Ravenclaw and it was nothing but Fantastic Beasts items. So far we have been very disappointed with them. I only did the 3 box one, thank goodness. I need to figure out where to write and complain about not receiving a Ravenclaw box. While we like FB, it’s not HP and Ravenclaw that I paid for.

Hello all!! Happy Sunday. Last week this time I was on IASW and plotting how to get to Frontierland as fast as possible. DD and I had a fantastic trip to DW. Sometimes things just work out well. No problems with the flights... no traffic... room was ready when we checked in... inside when the monsoon hit on Friday. Really really enjoyed seeing Flower and Garden. I had gone through all of the outdoor food kiosks and realized pretty quickly that I wasn't going to be able to snack around the world. Some of that food- blech. DD was able to get an OrangeBird sipper so she was happy. Best part is I didn't overspend at Disney this time. I tend to forget about finances when I am there!!

Only tiny issue we had was at Maria and Enzo's. I booked it specifically for the 40% off lunch for AP's. We get there and the waitress tells us that is over and it is only a 15% discount. I am fairly quiet and don't like conflict so she walked away and I legit thought "What would JenandAshwin do in this situation? They wouldn't stand for this..." I knew it was supposed to go through May so when the waitress came back I just told her I was confused because I thought the discount was through May... and she said they would honor the 40% off because I brought it up. I know for a lot of people speaking up is no big deal but for me that was huge.

It was also so nice to see my parents on my actual birthday!! I may have already said this but I haven't seen them on my actual birthday since I was 18. We had cake and dinner (but I was a bit full from my brunch at Crystal Palace!).

DD matched with another young lady and they agreed to be roommates. That's a big deal in our house! They have been assigned their dorm and room type so that's a relief. Prom is this week so I have to figure out how to pay for her hair and makeup. Everything else is paid for. DH got paid his bonus this week so I plan to use some of that!

I hope everyone had a great week!

We are chugging along. We were supposed to do a quickie trip this weekend (Fri-Mon) to Universal with our BIL/SIL and kids. My mom went into the hospital and was really sick for a while. She finally went home and had to go back in 3 days later. Last Sunday was the deadline to get our hotel deposit refunded so at the time, I had to cancel. We had great prices with SWA using points and that was easily refunded.

She finally has a home care treatment plan that is working well and she is doing great! :cheer2::banana: Such a huge relief.

We could have rebooked again at the last minute but flights were crazy high. Dh felt bad and suggested I look for a quickie cruise.:love2:
Well, you don't have to tell me twice! All I need now is approval for time off and we'll be on the Dream next Friday. :hyper::cloud9::cloud9:

It will set my car payback schedule one month but right now, to me it's worth it. It will still be paid off 3 years early.

Did a lot of meal prep yesterday and went to Verizon to pay off DD's cell phone. It was only $70 and I hated seeing the $5 charge on my bill. I also adjusted our data plan since there are only 3 of us on the plan now vs 5. My lettuce is growing great in my garden along with the strawberries. Can't wait to plant rest of garden by mid May. Not big wins but we are sticking to our plan to be out of debt by end of year (except for house). DH and I are remodeling middle son's bedroom since he moved out and I am learning more about dry walling then I want too. We had to take 2 walls down to the studs due to him using the walls as punching bags. Now to figure out paint colors and carpet, which I am not good at. If anyone has any design type applications or website can you please share? I really stink at interior design. Hope everyone has a great week.

well i just wrapped up the april accounting. kind of interesting to look at the numbers for the first 1/3rd of the year, saw some interesting trends since i've literally been tracking every expenditure to the penny and logging it. for the 'household budget' which is basically everything not a fixed expense or 'emergency/unplanned' (generally bigger stuff like appliances and repairs) anything not used withing the budgeted amount in a single month i've been throwing into a separate bank account i call 'household rollover' which i use if another month the household expenses exceed the norm budgeted. as of the end of april i haven't had to pull anything from elsewhere-what was in there covered the months that were short.

i'm seeing which months have more expenses in some areas vs. others (chewey restock months vs. paper product restock months vs. costco cleaning products...) so i'm working on aligning stuff so that i can plan to restock ideally no more than one category per month (but keeping an eye out for target's deals on paper products b/c i haven't found anyone to beat them).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts