Debt Dumpers 2020

I got an email last month that it would be coming in January. I haven't heard anything since and it's not live on my account. Is it live on yours?
Yes. I set my buckets up using the Ally app. I just went back and read the email and it looks like it’s a rollout process and not all at once. I’ve had an account since at least 2015 so I’m not sure if the rollout is targeted based on the age of the account.

Yes. I set my buckets up using the Ally app. I just went back and read the email and it looks like it’s a rollout process and not all at once. I’ve had an account since at least 2015 so I’m not sure if the rollout is targeted based on the age of the account.

Thanks. That makes sense. I only opened my account a few months ago.

Does anyone else here use Credit Karma? If so, have you ever had a HUGE credit score increase? I logged in yesterday and, after 2 years of a 1 point increase here and there, my credit score had increased 56 points on Equifax and 61 points on Transunion. 👀 !!?!?!?! The only "recent changes" listed since last week were a $3000 credit increase on one credit card and I had paid down about $1000 on car note and a couple of credit cards. Any one have any thoughts??

Utilization rate comes to mind. I’ve seen big swings in my score around the holidays. It will drop in December and bounce back once I pay in January.

Stuff stays on your report 7 years, did you have any closed cards or something else fall off? If you had a card for a short period of time fall off your average age of credit could have also changed and that along with the changes you mentioned could be it. Seems like a big jump for just a 4k increased in credit but I'm basing it off how long it took me to go from 750+ to 800+.

@afan thanks for the ideas. No, I haven't had anything fall off, and the age of credit remained the same at 15plus years.

We have been planning to return to Disney in December 2021 with myself, my husband, my mother in law (her first time), my daughter and her husband or whatever is happening with her at that moment, and our nephew. My mom texted me last night and said her husband wants to go back in 2021 but likely in September or October. We went with them in March/April 2019 and stayed off site at a house they rented. My husband and I had already planned to go in December 2019 so we got annual passes and went two times in one year for the first time ever. I would really like to go both times but I do not see how that is going to be possible financially!!! I am trying to convince my mom that September/October 2021 will be super busy due to the 50th so they should go in 2022!!

I need to be wealthy so I can travel when I want to!
That is our goal in becoming debt-free! Whether it's WDW or Austria, we'd love to travel.

just as a head's up-if you shop with amazon and have to do anything that involves a refund to a credit card watch out for what seems a sketchy new trend on their part to get you to spend more $$$. at the end of december i had an item to return so i did it, same process as always. i thought i had requested the refund to go back to my credit card so when i saw it was issued as a gift card on my prime account i thought i goofed and selected the wrong refund issue. no biggie until..........i had to do another return last week so i took extra care to make sure it would go back to my credit card, triple checked before i entered submit on the return, double checked their email confirmation when it came to see that it DID say credit back to my card......... and sure enough-another gift card credit posted.

i went round and round with amazon for 3 days over this-their people kept saying 'but we issued the refund in the form of a gift card, you've used gift cards with us in the past, wouldn't you prefer to have the funds sitting on your account as a gift card?'. NO-i want my refund to my credit card! this got me so wound up i went back and looked at the december refund detail-sure enough i HAD done it right, amazon HAD sent me an email saying it would go to my credit card.

maybe not a big deal b/c technically no monies lost but i figure if people are trying to pay off debt then the last thing they need is for amazon to hold on to monies, possibly causing them to incur interest charges for the credit card on those held funds vs. putting it back on a credit card.

p.s. i got my credit card refunded after i shot off an email to chase mentioning the trend i was observing with amazon.

just as a head's up-if you shop with amazon and have to do anything that involves a refund to a credit card watch out for what seems a sketchy new trend on their part to get you to spend more $$$. at the end of december i had an item to return so i did it, same process as always. i thought i had requested the refund to go back to my credit card so when i saw it was issued as a gift card on my prime account i thought i goofed and selected the wrong refund issue. no biggie until..........i had to do another return last week so i took extra care to make sure it would go back to my credit card, triple checked before i entered submit on the return, double checked their email confirmation when it came to see that it DID say credit back to my card......... and sure enough-another gift card credit posted.

i went round and round with amazon for 3 days over this-their people kept saying 'but we issued the refund in the form of a gift card, you've used gift cards with us in the past, wouldn't you prefer to have the funds sitting on your account as a gift card?'. NO-i want my refund to my credit card! this got me so wound up i went back and looked at the december refund detail-sure enough i HAD done it right, amazon HAD sent me an email saying it would go to my credit card.

maybe not a big deal b/c technically no monies lost but i figure if people are trying to pay off debt then the last thing they need is for amazon to hold on to monies, possibly causing them to incur interest charges for the credit card on those held funds vs. putting it back on a credit card.

p.s. i got my credit card refunded after i shot off an email to chase mentioning the trend i was observing with amazon.

I truly hate Amazon, and avoid using them at all costs. Too many sketchy business practices.

Wow, I’ve seen the gift card option but always choose cc refund and never had an issue. I returned 3 things after Christmas and all were refunded to my cc even before my return arrived at the return address.

I've returned many times to Amazon and never had that issue. Just recently sent something back a week ago (and I like their Kohl's drop off by the way). Thanks for the heads up.

I truly hate Amazon, and avoid using them at all costs. Too many sketchy business practices.

this was the first time in months i had to use their chat feature. i HATE their new 'autobots' feature. if i wanted to use FAQ's i would so when i select chat i would prefer a live person that might actually be able to answer my question (even though all their answers are bad cut and paste).

this was the first time in months i had to use their chat feature. i HATE their new 'autobots' feature. if i wanted to use FAQ's i would so when i select chat i would prefer a live person that might actually be able to answer my question (even though all their answers are bad cut and paste).

But even the live people barely speak or understand english now. They've outsourced so much of their CS agents oversees and it's frustrating

I've returned many times to Amazon and never had that issue. Just recently sent something back a week ago (and I like their Kohl's drop off by the way). Thanks for the heads up.
I’ve never done Kohls drop off but I recently did UPS Store drop off. It was so easy; it’s not even required to package it back up again. Just hand over the item and let them scan the emailed code from my phone and leave. They texted me that night that my refund was processed.

I’ve never done Kohls drop off but I recently did UPS Store drop off. It was so easy; it’s not even required to package it back up again. Just hand over the item and let them scan the emailed code from my phone and leave. They texted me that night that my refund was processed.
Kohl’s is the same way. Just has better hours and more items are available for free return that way. UPS free returns aren’t available for everything.

Same thing, don't have to package it just let them scan the code. I have a UPS and a Kohl's in the shopping center, so it's take a pick. But I do always see Kohl's pop up when I had choice on Amazon return locations and choose that. The locker drop offs locations are easy, too.

I only choose UPS when offered because it's closer to me than Kohls. If they were equidistant I'd choose UPS for the shorter line and no temptation to shop.
I wonder how much Kohls sales have increased since they began accepting returns for Amazon.

Last edited:
I only choose UPS when offered because it's closer to me than Kohls. If they equidistant I'd choose UPS for the shorter line and no temptation to shop.
I wonder how much Kohls sales have increased since they began accepting returns for Amazon.

I hate Kohls. I also go to UPS stores. I get my refund pretty much as soon as the package is checked in. It's wonderful.

That's weird about your Amazon return not once, but twice. My mom bought me something from Amazon for Christmas that had to be returned, but she was going to immediately buy me something else, so she wanted her refund as an Amazon credit, but it wasn't a choice. She had to take it as a CC credit and then re-buy the new item with the CC.

That's weird about your Amazon return not once, but twice. My mom bought me something from Amazon for Christmas that had to be returned, but she was going to immediately buy me something else, so she wanted her refund as an Amazon credit, but it wasn't a choice. She had to take it as a CC credit and then re-buy the new item with the CC.

Maybe it depends on whether your item was being sold by Amazon or a 3rd party seller.

I only choose UPS when offered because it's closer to me than Kohls. If they were equidistant I'd choose UPS for the shorter line and no temptation to shop.
As a matter of fact, kohl’s gives you a coupon for 25% off when you make an amazon return there. So I’m sure it increases sales quite a lot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!