Debt Dumpers 2020

"You kids don't know how good you have it! Back when I was in school, I had to drive a stick shift with no power steering. And no air conditioning either!" **collective gasp**

My first car didn't have ac but it did have power steering. 😁

Disney finally opened up bookings for the rest of next year so YAY!!! I'm super weird and feel like if it's not booked it's not happening and then it stresses me out. First world problems I know!

MIL told my husband that her siblings are now all ready to sell land they own jointly. Last we had heard was that it would clear several hundred thousand dollars for each sibling. Exciting news for her!

**Officially planning a 2023 trip with DH** I am SO excited to be able to plan a trip without juggling CC's. Yes, it's a long time from now but by the time we go, we will have a college and high school graduate. Might even have the house paid off by then! Had a friend ask if we can slip in a trip next December. Does anyone know where I can sell a kidney?

**Officially planning a 2023 trip with DH** I am SO excited to be able to plan a trip without juggling CC's. Yes, it's a long time from now but by the time we go, we will have a college and high school graduate. Might even have the house paid off by then! Had a friend ask if we can slip in a trip next December. Does anyone know where I can sell a kidney?

If you find a reputable kidney dealer let me know as I would be interested as well!!
🤣

I *still* don't know what we are doing for our November vacation lol. Even though I said before I didn't think we'd end up going to WDW, I still haven't cancelled our Florida flights in case we decide to go. We've put the option back on the table (really it never left the table). My thought process is....we go to WDW and have to wear masks all day and it may or may not be hot and crowded, or we go on a road trip where we're driving a lot and still have to wear masks wherever we go. Not really sure which one sounds more appealing lol.

I *still* don't know what we are doing for our November vacation lol. Even though I said before I didn't think we'd end up going to WDW, I still haven't cancelled our Florida flights in case we decide to go. We've put the option back on the table (really it never left the table). My thought process is....we go to WDW and have to wear masks all day and it may or may not be hot and crowded, or we go on a road trip where we're driving a lot and still have to wear masks wherever we go. Not really sure which one sounds more appealing lol.
Right now the airlines are being quite good about their change policies, in my experience, as I had to make a quick family related trip requiring a change of flight on American. Also, did a flight change easily on Southwest for April trip, for a few less points. Orlando weather may not be that bad, I'd at least think the humidity would not be an issue in November. Well, compared to say, August! Weather wouldn't be an issue at that time of the year to me, but just keep in mind no fastpasses right now and less open park hours, reservations required and some days may not find HS available, if that is a consideration. I started reading more on the parks info thinking of doing a trip in winter. Having not paid too much attention to WDW happenings, reading more and listening to the last couple podcasts, wow, quite a bit of info I was not tracking!

Right now the airlines are being quite good about their change policies, in my experience, as I had to make a quick family related trip requiring a change of flight on American. Also, did a flight change easily on Southwest for April trip, for a few less points. Orlando weather may not be that bad, I'd at least think the humidity would not be an issue in November. Well, compared to say, August! Weather wouldn't be an issue at that time of the year to me, but just keep in mind no fastpasses right now and less open park hours, reservations required and some days may not find HS available, if that is a consideration. I started reading more on the parks info thinking of doing a trip in winter. Having not paid too much attention to WDW happenings, reading more and listening to the last couple podcasts, wow, quite a bit of info I was not tracking!
Yeah my flights are booked on points through SW. So I know I can cancel at the last minute and still get my points back. I've been following along on the Theme Parks and Strategies board about everyone's experiences in WDW right now. We've never been, so honestly not having to deal with the weird way (to me) that WDW does fastpasses sounds great to me lol. They have increased their park hours a bit since we first started talking about this, but obviously I'd prefer normal park hours. I'm flexible on what day we get into HS and I honestly don't care whether or not we get on the new Star Wars ride. We've been on the Milennium Falcon here in DL and we both thought it wasn't worth the wait. (Neither of us are Star Wars fans.) We'd like to ride the new ride, but if we don't get to I know that we'll eventually get on it at DL so it's not a big deal to me. The week we plan on going still has availability at all the parks. I just saw today that Food and Wine will end on Nov. 22nd, which means we'd get to experience that also. *sigh* I have such problems making decisions lol.

One of the perks for people who can work from home is that it's pretty easy to quarantine after travel and not have to worry about missing work. Right now NJ has 38 states on the list of states that if we visit, we'd have to quarantine for 14 days once we return. That is just way too much vacation time to burn up. The limited options are so discouraging; I don't even feel like traveling. I do terribly miss cruising but I know that it will be a long time from now until we can do that safely. DCL just released their early 2022 itineraries so I emailed our TA to change our Feb 2021 Panama Canal sailing to March 2022. It's also a huge relief that the 2022 PC sailing doesn't overlap my dad's 80th birthday. I wouldn't want to miss that!:cake::goodvibes

Booked our Disney trip for 2021. Prices seem higher but I could just be making that up.
Great! Just keep checking for deals that may come up. Did you do a package or room only, or just the costs in general if staying off property?

I think we are going in December. I have it reserved but uncommitted, to see how things go in general the next month or so. Room deposit refundable up to 5 days prior, air is good on points just refund points back. Minus the tickets separately purchased, have 12 days to use up by expiration in Sep next year, so planning two trips in the next year, either a winter/spring trip, or spring/July.

Great! Just keep checking for deals that may come up. Did you do a package or room only, or just the costs in general if staying off property?

I think we are going in December. I have it reserved but uncommitted, to see how things go in general the next month or so. Room deposit refundable up to 5 days prior, air is good on points just refund points back. Minus the tickets separately purchased, have 12 days to use up by expiration in Sep next year, so planning two trips in the next year, either a winter/spring trip, or spring/July.

We booked a package deal but likely will be changing it eventually. We are eligible for military tickets since my mother in law is going but I hate to get tickets and then she backs out so we are going to hold off on that until as late as possible to change it.

I'm so excited to go back. It will be my husband, myself, my mother in law (her first visit), our adult daughter and son in law and our 11 year old nephew will be there part time. I am hoping that the dining plan is back, no masks and that things are back to normal. We aren't going till December 2021 so there is lots of time for things to change.

I am hoping Covid airline prices stick around for a while so we can get good deals! Last December we paid $700 each and if we were going this December they are $276!

I took the plunge this morning and opened a 0%/12 mos. and zero transfer fee CC from my credit union (where my emergency fund is housed) to save nearly $800 in interest until CC #2 is paid off! I so wanna do a cha-cha dance, since this is not a banana dance moment. I have excellent credit, so I'm not too worried about a ding. Also, they have a reward system for either cash or travel. What am I going to do?! Rework that final snowball! :dancer:

Hi all. I know that I have been MIA for a while. Things have just felt really busy overall and I hated that I felt like I didn't have time to catch up on all the posts. I decided that doesn't matter, just start back up and hopefully I can figure out what I missed as I go along. I hope everyone is doing well.

I had a sweet baby on August 21 named Laurance Xavier. He is super chill and sleeps like a professional. He is now 8 weeks old and sleeping 10 hours straight at night. We bought a used Snoo for $600. I was somewhat skeptical, but it has been an amazing investment. Some cuteness for your day:

121776016_10111535164305147_6917424200552282909_n.jpg

@Jen and Ashwin Your baby is so adorable! What a terrific smile--it makes me smile just looking at him. So good to hear from you! I was a little worried that things weren't going well. Glad to hear that you have just been very busy, instead. :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter