Dec ADR

Megan Nye

Disprincess13
Our 180 mark is saturday. I've been going on every morning just to see. There has been zero character meals available for any times. I've put in for as few as two people, it still doesn't show any. Then I can put in for a week from now and find chef Mickey, Tusker house and Ohana with lots of times. Is there a glitch in the system or with the app right now? I'm looking at Nov 30, that's not a high crowd time, I shouldn't have any problem...

Many of us November people have been having a lot of trouble getting ADRs, even at 180+10 I've read some have had issues (the most I could book was 180+4 and couldn't get what I wanted at first). I think there's multiple factors going on. First, with the Christmas Parties some dinners were not released until this week, so it was looking like things were booked when in fact the reservations just had not been posted yet. This is also affecting Epcot with the Candlelight packages whatever dates those are. Second, I think November is becoming a super popular time of year. Nice weather, the parks and resorts decorated for Christmas, etc. From what I've read it used to be a lower crowd time but is now increasingly popular. Third, unfortunately I think many people overbook reservations because until they get their fastpasses at 60/30 days, they aren't able to determine exactly what parks they will be at on what days. I'm not looking to debate the ethics of doing this, but it happens, and I'm told that as we get closer to trip time, more reservations will be released. It's frustrating for those of us who are trying to plan in advance at 180+ and still can't get ADRs, but there is hope that you may get them eventually. I say this as someone who has never been to Disney World and am planning our first trip now, but I've learned (sometimes the hard way) a lot in these last few weeks since my 180 days!! I certainly would have planned my ADRs differently if I were doing it over, but I'm slowly refining our plans and it's going to be ok :-)

I just did our first week of December ADRs. I was shocked at how little was available, even with my 180+7. I'm hoping it is a matter of the reservations not yet fully released rather than an indicator of crowds...yikes!

(our fourth trip, but this is my first post back on the boards as we get right into the planning phase!!)

Vanessa

I agree. At my 180 +7 I couldn’t get any time at CRT. Last couple times I went I was able to get one on my 2nd and 3rd day easily. This time nothing.

Reactions: VLB
I did our first week of December as our arrival date is Nov. 28th for 14 nights. I had a pick of times for 'Ohana, BOG, Garden Grill, CRT, Tusker House, and several others. This is the first year in many that I was able to get 'Ohana before very late evening and Garden Grill has been impossible for some strange reason the last few years. I have reservations made through the 11th and had no issue. We are a party of 6.

I did our first week of December as our arrival date is Nov. 28th for 14 nights. I had a pick of times for 'Ohana, BOG, Garden Grill, CRT, Tusker House, and several others. This is the first year in many that I was able to get 'Ohana before very late evening and Garden Grill has been impossible for some strange reason the last few years. I have reservations made through the 11th and had no issue. We are a party of 6.

We’re you able to get CRT?? What day?? I haven’t seen reservations for CRT at all in December. So frustrated.

I was able to get breakfast on the 2nd. They do have dinner on the 11th available, not sure how long your trip is. Keep trying as things open everyday. I feel your frustration as for the last few years I struggled with almost everything. Garden Grill years ago was so easy and a family favorite, the last 2 years it was impossible for me to get. Go figure.

I just did my ADRs today and was able to get CRT for 12/6. I was looking for lunch but they only had dinner available. Grabbed one at 5:50 so the party will need to leave right after we eat b/c MVMCP will be starting

Ha! We got CRT at 5:55 on 12/6! See you there!

I got our favorite 8 am Crystal Palace on our last day... I'm hoping to move that earlier in the week. No BoG, but will keep watching.

We’re you able to get CRT?? What day?? I haven’t seen reservations for CRT at all in December. So frustrated.

Keep checking. I am going the first week of December and wanted a breakfast for CRT but there was nothing on my 180 +10. I checked today on a whim and there was a CRT for 6 (people in my party) on the day (12/2) and time I was hoping for. If you keep checking and sign up for Touring Plans Reservation Finder you have a good chance of getting one before December. Good luck!

Many of us November people have been having a lot of trouble getting ADRs, even at 180+10 I've read some have had issues (the most I could book was 180+4 and couldn't get what I wanted at first). I think there's multiple factors going on. First, with the Christmas Parties some dinners were not released until this week, so it was looking like things were booked when in fact the reservations just had not been posted yet. This is also affecting Epcot with the Candlelight packages whatever dates those are. Second, I think November is becoming a super popular time of year. Nice weather, the parks and resorts decorated for Christmas, etc. From what I've read it used to be a lower crowd time but is now increasingly popular. Third, unfortunately I think many people overbook reservations because until they get their fastpasses at 60/30 days, they aren't able to determine exactly what parks they will be at on what days. I'm not looking to debate the ethics of doing this, but it happens, and I'm told that as we get closer to trip time, more reservations will be released. It's frustrating for those of us who are trying to plan in advance at 180+ and still can't get ADRs, but there is hope that you may get them eventually. I say this as someone who has never been to Disney World and am planning our first trip now, but I've learned (sometimes the hard way) a lot in these last few weeks since my 180 days!! I certainly would have planned my ADRs differently if I were doing it over, but I'm slowly refining our plans and it's going to be ok :-)

Yes to all of this! We go every year the first week of December and this was the first time I had a really hard time getting anything! I'm not too terribly worried though ... I had no problem picking up BOG dinner and O'hana dinner last year with less than 2 weeks before our trip. People start dropping ADR's like you said at 60 days when they book FP's as well as 2 weeks before when people cancel their trip altogether. I've seen numerous times the "hard to get" restaurants have openings the week I was there. NEVER stop looking! If you're anything like me (Type A control freak LOL) I want my trip to be planned all perfectly like - right now! :) But I know it just doesn't work that way. So I'm not stressing and will set my reservation finders and stalk the reservations page LOL ... and look at RANDOM times - I seem to always find ressies late at night!

Someone just posted that some CRT breakfasts in early Dec opened up today! Hope this helps someone!

Yes to all of this! We go every year the first week of December and this was the first time I had a really hard time getting anything! I'm not too terribly worried though ... I had no problem picking up BOG dinner and O'hana dinner last year with less than 2 weeks before our trip. People start dropping ADR's like you said at 60 days when they book FP's as well as 2 weeks before when people cancel their trip altogether. I've seen numerous times the "hard to get" restaurants have openings the week I was there. NEVER stop looking! If you're anything like me (Type A control freak LOL) I want my trip to be planned all perfectly like - right now! :) But I know it just doesn't work that way. So I'm not stressing and will set my reservation finders and stalk the reservations page LOL ... and look at RANDOM times - I seem to always find ressies late at night!
Totally hear you on the Type A wanting everything planned. We are using a Disney travel agent and I had no idea we wouldn’t be get our desired ADRs - that never came up as a possibility until ADR day and we got an email that half of our plans were unavailable! Thankfully I’ve been able to shuffle plans and pick up most of what we’ve wanted since then but it’s been a lot more stress than I anticipated. I thought after 180 days the Dining would be set. Not so much!

Totally hear you on the Type A wanting everything planned. We are using a Disney travel agent and I had no idea we wouldn’t be get our desired ADRs - that never came up as a possibility until ADR day and we got an email that half of our plans were unavailable! Thankfully I’ve been able to shuffle plans and pick up most of what we’ve wanted since then but it’s been a lot more stress than I anticipated. I thought after 180 days the Dining would be set. Not so much!

We use a fabulous TA as well - but I like to book things myself as well. The first year I started shuffling everything around and she told me - don't stress, ressies will open up 60 days, 30 days, 2 weeks, even the week of ... and she was right! I feel like this year it's the FP i'm stressing about LOL

We have a group of seven arriving on Dec. 20th so our 180 was today. We were ready to go - and refreshed our laptops at 6:01 am - we had four going on two Disney accounts. Below is what we got - we're really happy with our ADRs.

Dec. 20th MVMCP - Crystal Palace
Dec. 21st Via Napoli - Lunch, The Edison - Dinner
Dec. 22nd Tiffins - Dinner
Dec. 23rd BOG - Lunch, Ohana - Dinner
Dec. 24th Brown Derby - Lunch, California Grill - Dinner
Dec. 25th Chef Mickey’s - Brunch, CRT - Dinner
Dec. 26th 1900 Park Fare - Brunch

I really wanted WCC for dinner on Christmas day for 7 people. No luck at any time that evening. Have booked CP as a back up just in case nothing opens up.

Our Christmas Day dining was based on pure nostalgia :-) Chef Mickey's and CRT… Whispering Canyon was on our top five list.
But with so many conversations and news about the changes we decided to not put it on our laser-focused ADR list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter