December 18/19 2019 - Early Closing

Iain Chapman

Are we back at DLRP yet?
Hello All,

Long time since I was here last.

We've booked to go back to DLP in December, and the official site has now the opening/closing times for the week we will be there.

I notice that for the evening Wednesday 18th and Thursday 19th, both parks will close at 18:00 - where normally it is at 19:00 (and no other days in December close earlier than 19:00). Anyone know any of reason for this earlier closing on these days please?. Just wondering if there is some other event in the main park those nights that I should be looking into...

Thanks

Iain

It is most likely that the early closing is because those dates are the Cast Member Christmas parties. Hope that helps.

Hi, we will be visiting for these dates too. For my daughter’s 3rd Birthday. We are arriving on the 18th in the early afternoon and leaving on the 20th in the late afternoon. This has me a little worried! Will the parks likely to be extra busy during this period due to a the staff event and early closing? Will the parade and night time show still be on?

Last edited:
Hello there, CM christmas parties : this is exactly the reason why opening hours have been modified for these 2 dates. However WDS keep the same regular closing time 6 pm and DP will take off 1 hour off its normal operating day -for week days at that period-
Actually, the christmas parade will still be on and should be at 12 noon and 1.30 pm, The Disney stars on parade at 5pm, I'm still unsure if the castle illumination will be set earlier like 6 pm or if it will be cancelled. Thank you for your understanding.

Opening times are extended from December 20th as school holidays start then.

If there are extra crowd it won't be because of this special event as our cm passes are usually blocked out on these occasions during the day before these events.

Last edited:

Illuminations is always shown at park closing so should still be shown - it will just be earlier than normal

Park program is updated approx 1 week prior the concerned week so don't hesitate to visit the official website to check :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!