December 1st, 2017 - 5-Night Eastern Caribbean Repo Cruise from San Juan to Miami

hamm1207

Alaskan DIS Veteran
Who's joining us on our cruise adventure?! We haven't actually booked the cruise yet--we'll be booking it at the end of the month while on the Wonder. This will be cruise number 15 for me and 16 for my husband. Sooo...when do we start packing...I mean planning?!

I'll keep this post updated with info as we go!

Cruise Schedule
Dec 1: San Juan, Puerto Rico
Dec 2: Basseterre, St. Kitts 8:30am-5:00pm
Dec 3: At Sea
Dec 4: At Sea
Dec 5: Castaway Cay 9:30am-4:45pm
Dec 6: Miami 7:30am

SJ-M map.png

Disboards only FE list
**the FE list is now closed. Anyone wishing to be added will now bed added to the Pixie Dust list at the bottom of the current list. These folks will be added with the knowledge that they may not receive gifts from everyone, as people purchased gifts based on closing date numbers. If you're still interested please send me a PM (start a conversation).

Roll Call
hamm1207/N65PA: Sarah/Clint/DD (2 at time of cruise) B2B with Dec 6th Bahamas Room 5132
linetbo: me/DD (17)/mom
WillandJennB: 2
Donald & Daisy Duck: DW/DH/Adult kid (25) & partner/Adult kid (23) & partner
joe white
cjdemille
tguy
cmbar
wishiwasindisneyjen
nciaravella
gth850x
StephJaxmom
Joe White
RedSox68
DapperSailor3
saremmons
MelissaE1: DW/DH
Roxiezeus
NR10
CGC33A: 2 friends
Natalie Stevenson
Mom4myBunch
Tiffani McLean
KelleyC.

Last edited:

So....are you cruising solo or with your family? I see you're heading to Norway on DCL in a few months....I'm jealous! We were supposed to do Norway two years ago, but I wound up pregnant.

I'm am cruising with my 17yo daughter and my mom. We live in Puerto Rico and yes we are going to Norway!!! This reposition will be my 8th cruise, we have done Alaska, Mediterranean, Northern Europe, Bahamas, Western Caribbean and Southern Caribbean .

Awesome! I'll add ya'll to the roll call in the first post. I'm jealous about your journeys through the Med and Northern Europe! We haven't hit any of those itineraries yet, but we plan on it eventually. We almost did the transatlantic instead of these two B2B as they were about the same price, but the way my husband's leave works he would have had to use all of this leave just to the transatlantic. By doing the B2B he was able to save some leave and we can do more. This will be 15 & 16 for me. My husband is one ahead of me...

Thanks! We actually got married in Disney World in the Wedding Pavilion(simply amazing!) so this will be a fantastic surprise for her :)

Thanks! We actually got married in Disney World in the Wedding Pavilion(simply amazing!) so this will be a fantastic surprise for her :)

Awesome! How long do you plan on keeping in a surprise?! We absolutely love DCL..we started cruising in May 2010 and we've been on about 15 so far.

Her birthday is Feb 13th so I'm going to try (and undoubtedly fail) to keep it a secret till then. Im very excited to see her reaction so its getting harder to keep it a secret. LOL

This is my 13th cruise and her 3rd. We just were on a 10 day Panama Canal partial transit back in November which was amazing (even if we were some of the youngest people on the boat)! I was on the original Premier cruise lines back when it was a "Disney" cruise, but have also been on Carnival(never again), Celebrity, and Holland America.

Just checking in. You probably won't see my post much, but I do read (and update the 1st post).

Clint (Hamm1207's other half)

Her birthday is Feb 13th so I'm going to try (and undoubtedly fail) to keep it a secret till then. Im very excited to see her reaction so its getting harder to keep it a secret. LOL

This is my 13th cruise and her 3rd. We just were on a 10 day Panama Canal partial transit back in November which was amazing (even if we were some of the youngest people on the boat)! I was on the original Premier cruise lines back when it was a "Disney" cruise, but have also been on Carnival(never again), Celebrity, and Holland America.

Good luck with the secret keeping! The Panama Canal is one of my bucket list cruises, so I'm jealous of you for already getting that one in! Plus, you were on Premier cruise--that's awesome! We're cruising Carnival in May (the family wants to cruise and can't afford disney), and we're trying it out. So far, I'm not impressed with what I'm seeing; especially in the way of traveling with a child under the age of 2. However, I'll hold my tongue until we've cruised...

Our Panama trip was one I wish I could do again! We found an amazing deal ($3300ish for a Verandah for 10 days for the two of us) with Holland America and were not disappointed in any respect. The food from every dining venue we visited was outstanding with very good portion sizes. We even got a chance to dine with the Chief Engineer of the boat and one of the head Front Desk employees one night which was very interesting. The boat was older, but in very good condition overall. I think our biggest complaint is that we didn't get a chance to experience any of the shows. We had the late seating for dinner and had such an enjoyable time chatting with those at our table that we were normally the last people out of the dining room each night.

I completely understand the financial reasons for choosing Carnival over Disney, but in our case 2 years ago, it was a situation where we should have spent a bit more, just for a better experience. I'm a foodie and the best thing we found to eat on the ship was a sushi bar(which is good by me because Jenn and I love sushi). My dad, who was traveling with us, got prime rib one night in the main dining and I can honestly say that it absolutely no flavor. Their premium steakhouse was "ok" but not worth the $30 added cost. Jenn and I visited the comedy club one night and watched the "kid friendly" show and it was anything but kid friendly. On the positive side, the cabin stewards were good and quite friendly. The excursions were ok, and while you did see some interesting things, they really seemed to be pushing the shopping more than seeing the sites on the islands, which I understand as tourism is the main source of income for many of the islands. I hope your experience is 1000% better than ours!!!

My dad has told me some fun stories about him and I traveling on Premier, including seeing a space shuttle launch from Port Canaveral, and playing ping-pong during a tropical storm with the boat rocking quite heavily. I don't remember much about them other than I kept tripping over the door jams when I would go out on deck LOL!

So I disappeared on ya. We took a short trip up to Alaska to visit friends. With our upcoming carnival cruise, we're going in with low expectations, but i'm sure it'll be relaxing (especially since we have the grandparents going with us--yay for free childcare). On our cruise in November, it was quite entertaining watching our daughter (1 at the time) walk around the ship as it was rocking (granted, it wasn't even rocking too bad)...

No worries! How was Alaska? I've never been there, but have been told its amazingly beautiful. Our cruise on Carnival, for all the problems we had, was relaxing. I dont remember the ship being dirty or ill-maintained, I think we just had too high expectations for the experience as a whole.

Alaska was awesome (as always). We lived there for 5 years and plan on going back when I retire. I would highly recommend a trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!