December 1st, 2017 - 5-Night Eastern Caribbean Repo Cruise from San Juan to Miami

:welcome: DW and I are probably going to stay at the Sheraton Old San Juan (its across the street from the port) and fly in Nov 30 on JetBlue. This is our first Disney cruise so we are looking forward to it!

:welcome: DW and I are probably going to stay at the Sheraton Old San Juan (its across the street from the port) and fly in Nov 30 on JetBlue. This is our first Disney cruise so we are looking forward to it!

We will probably stay in Old San Juan as well, but make sure you note that the ship sails from The Pan American Pier, NOT the pier in Old San Juan. We would need to take a taxi over to the pier for embarkation.

Hi everyone! :wave:
We just booked yesterday for this trip. My husband called to say he still had vacation time to put in for and I said, well.....I saw this cruise had FL resident rates......couldn't believe he said YES!

Trying to work out the logistics, want to fly out of FLL to use SW points but we come back into MIA port so need transportation. Uber? Also need to find a one night hotel in San Juan. Looking forward to this trip. We will be setting sail on my husband's birthday :-)

:welcome: to the cruise!! Glad ya'll are joining us. Uber would work for transport to the airport. I'm sure there are also shared van shuttle options. We're staying at the Embassy Suites near the port in SJ.

We will probably stay in Old San Juan as well, but make sure you note that the ship sails from The Pan American Pier, NOT the pier in Old San Juan. We would need to take a taxi over to the pier for embarkation.
We're planning on using Uber in SJ. We get in around 7pm on the 30th, so we'll Uber to the hotel and then Uber to the port in the morning.

Oops. Glad I didnt make hotel reservations yet... LOL. Thanks!

Hi everyone! :wave:
We just booked yesterday for this trip. My husband called to say he still had vacation time to put in for and I said, well.....I saw this cruise had FL resident rates......couldn't believe he said YES!

Trying to work out the logistics, want to fly out of FLL to use SW points but we come back into MIA port so need transportation. Uber? Also need to find a one night hotel in San Juan. Looking forward to this trip. We will be setting sail on my husband's birthday :-)
We would be curious as to what you decide as we are flying home post cruise from FLL on SWA and they just informed us our flight was bumped from 12:45 to 11:50 am. Now I'm nervous about getting from Miami port to FLL with it being A weekday morning. Just going to put out a thread to see if anyone has experience from Miami port to FLL.

We are staying at the Marriott courtyard in San Juan. We are milking the points and that's the cheapest and still close to the pier! The Magic sails out of the Pan American pier but it looks like that hotel is close enough

Hi there! Just booked this as it was on 25% off for Canadian Residents! This was a long time coming...I have been trying to convince my husband to go on another cruise for years. Our first (and only) family cruise was 2011. But this time it will be just the two of us!! Woohoo!! Seems like everyone is on the "other" site cause I just caught up on here and it took 5 minutes. I am not on there but am up for a chat here.

Hi there! Just booked this as it was on 25% off for Canadian Residents! This was a long time coming...I have been trying to convince my husband to go on another cruise for years. Our first (and only) family cruise was 2011. But this time it will be just the two of us!! Woohoo!! Seems like everyone is on the "other" site cause I just caught up on here and it took 5 minutes. I am not on there but am up for a chat here.
:welcome: "Other site"? Not familiar with it, but then DW and I are relatively new on here. This is our first Disney cruise, but my 14th and her 4th.

Hi WillandJennb! Ha ha. The "other" site starts with an F and rhymes with hook... I know we are not supposed to refer to it on the Dis. Any excursions planned for St. Kitts and Tortola?

LOL. I hate that site. Nothing yet, just paid off our trip to WDW in 9 days! We were in St. Kitts a few years ago and did a beach excursion on the southern side of the island (facing Nevis). I havent been to Tortola in probably 15 years, so its a toss up at this point. LOL

:welcome: Glad ya'll are joining us on the cruise!

All checked in with Palo brunch, excursions, and nursery booked! We booked the St. Kitts rail and scenic drive. We wanted to do the rail with cruise, but it was too expensive. In Tortola we booked the Sailing Ship Eldorado. CC my husband booked the abaco back county fishing and I'll just take our daughter to the beach. I'm only on the other site because they got a FE list going. We can get one going for just us disboards folks if you like.

We are in! First time on a Disney Cruise. We had a vacation to WDW planned (just came back from a short trip to WDW in March lol) but then scrapped that and hopped on this cruise thanks to a military discount. So excited. We actually are driving to Orlando after to stay at Disney Springs for a few days so the hubby can burn some Hilton points and then flying back to DC from Orlando like we originally planned. So excited!!! We have a 2.5 year old princess obsessed little girl and a spiderman crazy 4.5 year old who is psyched about Avengers Academy.

Awesome! I'll get a FE list going then! What's your stateroom number? Maybe our daughters can hang out sometime on the cruise. Our little one turns 2 just before the cruise. Welcome to the cruise!

Last edited:
I just started a disboards only FE list. If you're interested just send me a PM with the following: Adults names, kid(s) ages and genders (names if you want), favorite characters, allergies/special, stateroom number. I'll send you a link for the google sheet with the info.

Hi Sarah! Thanks for setting up the FE. Unfortunately DH and I plan on travelling with carry-ons so will not be participating. If I have any room I might have to pixie dust. Literally. Glitter is pretty weightless.

Hi Sarah! Thanks for setting up the FE. Unfortunately DH and I plan on travelling with carry-ons so will not be participating. If I have any room I might have to pixie dust. Literally. Glitter is pretty weightless.

No worries!

Awesome! I'll get a FE list going then! What's your stateroom number? Maybe our daughters can hang out sometime on the cruise. Our little one turns 2 just before the cruise. Welcome to the cruise!

We are in cabin 8586. My little one's name is Peyton and she will be 3 in February. My son, Colin, will turn 5 a couple weeks after the cruise.

thanks! I've updated the info on the list. Once we get some more folks on the list I'll send out the link for everyone.

I just started a disboards only FE list. If you're interested just send me a PM with the following: Adults names, kid(s) ages and genders (names if you want), favorite characters, allergies/special, stateroom number. I'll send you a link for the google sheet with the info.
We are on this cruise too. Party of 12. 8 kids 4 adults. Booked ogt so don't have room numbers yet but would love to do the fe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts