DECEMBER 2017 DISCOUNTS AND CODE WATCH

I'm waiting for the discount too. I was fortunate to get FD, but not for the dates or the resort we wanted. When RO is released I may cancel our FD depending on the rates of the discount.

I am waiting for Dec AP rate to come out. Hope to get some saving.

We are just learning about the AP discounts . I understand that you can buy them and not activate it until you get there ? I assume you can't use the discount until it's activated?

We are just learning about the AP discounts . I understand that you can buy them and not activate it until you get there ? I assume you can't use the discount until it's activated?

Yes, you can buy AP and activate when you go there. You also can call in and make reservation for AP rate prior to the AP activation. I did that in May and they don't ask anything at all when we arrive at the resort. We activated AP after we check-in.

Yes, you can buy AP and activate when you go there. You also can call in and make reservation for AP rate prior to the AP activation. I did that in May and they don't ask anything at all when we arrive at the resort. We activated AP after we check-in.

Wow that is great!

I'm waiting for the room discount to come out for our trip. The CM said usually sometime in the summer. Anyone hear a rumor as to when? I know people knew when 2018 booking was going to happen down to the day so maybe room rate discount was leaked somewhere?

Unique offer code (otherwise known as a PIN code). I dont' get them (wish I did!), so it's RO offers for me, it seems!
I only recieved a pin code once. It was the year after we went for the first time. I assume it was to get me back and of course it did. We went a few more times since then and never got a pin again. I assumed they did it for first timers or people who haven't been in a while to get them back more often. How is a person chosen and will they tell me or do I have to ask when I call if there is a pin to my name or else I'll never know?

I know I'm going to regret asking this question, but here goes; why book yourself when you can have a travel agent do it? Just curious. I used to do all of my bookings for my family and decided to try a travel agent and they handled everything faster than I could.

Again, just curious. Would love to hear if you all use TA's or handle everything on your own. Thanks in advance.

P.S. - No, I'm not a travel agent (nor related to one).
I once used a TA as a favor because she was a friend of my sisters and regret it to this day. It was the year BOG opened. I told her to PLEASE call them at 6am to book it for us and because she was the one handling our vacation, I wasn't allowed to call myself so I was twiddling my thumbs waiting to hear from her that morning. Well, apparently she told me she didn't call until she got out of the shower and it wasn't until later that morning and of course BOG was booked. I will NEVER us a TA again. I want to have control over our vacation and I also think planning is half the fun of the vacation! But there are so many people that don't want to handle all this stuff and a TA is perfect for them!

I must say the suspense for the RO is killing me :) We saw the new menu for WL and yuckie yuck! We most definitely need to switch

I must say the suspense for the RO is killing me :) We saw the new menu for WL and yuckie yuck! We most definitely need to switch
Oh gosh. I love WL. I'd love to switch to there!!! But I hear such good things about AKL so I'm so torn as to what to do if WL opens up.

Oh gosh. I love WL. I'd love to switch to there!!! But I hear such good things about AKL so I'm so torn as to what to do if WL opens up.

If you've never done WL I would ... just sad the menu is so limited for the QS... if you don't know what you're missing, it's not a big deal .... but everyone who has stayed there before is complaining about it. They got rid of waffles with topping, fresh sandwiches/salads, and replaced w grab and go. You can't even get a plain cheeseburger anymore but some brisket thing w cranberry.

If you've never done WL I would ... just sad the menu is so limited for the QS... if you don't know what you're missing, it's not a big deal .... but everyone who has stayed there before is complaining about it. They got rid of waffles with topping, fresh sandwiches/salads, and replaced w grab and go. You can't even get a plain cheeseburger anymore but some brisket thing w cranberry.
Oh wow. I was there a few years ago and thought their menu was one of the better QS but taking away all those items is ridiculous. Nothing is as bad as BC though. They basically have 2 options per meal.

Once you have purchased your AP, you can add it to your account in MDE. After that, when you sign into your MDE account, you will be able to see the AP room discounts that are available, even if you haven't activated your AP yet. But you have to have the AP tied to your MDE account to be able to see the AP discounts.

Happy planning to you!

Was this from a recent stay when the Roaring Fork was closed?
When we were there when the Roaring Fork was open a couple of years ago, I was pleasantly surprised with it. It was actually one of my favorite QS breakfast spots, as they had hash browns, not just the potato cubes/chunks.

Was this from a recent stay when the Roaring Fork was closed?
When we were there when the Roaring Fork was open a couple of years ago, I was pleasantly surprised with it. It was actually one of my favorite QS breakfast spots, as they had hash browns, not just the potato cubes/chunks.

No, this is a permanent change to WL's Roaring Fork. It was totally closed for a refurb and reopened with the limited menu. It's a soft opening so it may change but everyone is saying probably not. Check out Humphrey's page on FB - he has pics of the menu.

We were considering BC but saw the lack of QS..What do people do? Walk to Epcot?

When discounts do come out and if something works, is it easier to book a new reservation online and cancel the old one, or try to modify an existing reservation online?

When discounts do come out and if something works, is it easier to book a new reservation online and cancel the old one, or try to modify an existing reservation online?
My "change reservation" button has not worked in over a year so I vote rebook and cancel. LOL

This wait is killing me for the RO..we are researching AKL and Yacht/BC in case GF has nothing....the menu at WL is such a shame :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter