December 2018 car rental thread

My rate that started at $221.85 is now:

Dollar
December 10-17
AAA rate
Managers special
After fees and taxes: $139.65

Tired of looking daily and changing...but....this is a much better rate than l've had in the last few trips.

I have a rental reserved with Dollar for $157 for a compact, 12/11 to 12/16. I just looked at Alamo and with the Costco code and AD3868JST, I can get a midsize for $174. I hate to pay more but I'm nervous to use Dollar over Alamo. :car:

That AD3868JST is an entertainment book coupon code. Do they ask you for the physical coupon?

Just booked Dollar cheapest yet! Available for Kids Bop Special and City Special
Dec 5-14
Managers Special

Hi,
Can someone let me know the Costco code please? I am a Costco and I booked on the Costco website, but I am not able to stack any code. If I book from the Alamo website, I am not able to add the Costco code because I do not know the code. Thanks

Hi,
Can someone let me know the Costco code please? I am a Costco and I booked on the Costco website, but I am not able to stack any code. If I book from the Alamo website, I am not able to add the Costco code because I do not know the code. Thanks
Contract 7015309 Costco Members

Hi,

Contract 7015309 Costco Members

That should work. 7014627 is another Costco member code. For my dates, I tried both with the same results.

One other tip: If you're in the costcotravel site looking at their Alamo rates, in the screen with the results, you'll see a 'Terms and conditions' link just above the 'Continue' button. If you click that, you'll see the actual Alamo codes that Costco is using...so you can take them over to Alamo.com and mix and match (use the Costco contract with a non-Costco coupon or the reverse, or just stick with the Costco codes)

I just received a far better rate than I had been finding by quoting through Autoslash. Traveling 12/16 to 12/23. Rate is $240 through enterprise for midsize. Will continue to watch and look for better!

Just rechecked my rates for 12/12-12/19 with Alamo out of Sanford. Low and behold they came down again. I am now at 175 for a full size. My last drop was back the beginning of Oct.

Another price drop for me as well!

Dollar
December 10-17
Managers Special (they pick the ride)
AAA discount
After taxes and fees:
$120.30

Very happy with this rate!

:car:

I just received a far better rate than I had been finding by quoting through Autoslash. Traveling 12/16 to 12/23. Rate is $240 through enterprise for midsize. Will continue to watch and look for better!

Thanks for mentioning Autoslash! I’d never heard of them but was having a hard time finding a reasonable 1-day rental with Alamo. I figured I’d waited too long to book! But I found a $41 rental that I can pick up at the airport and drop off at the Dolphin on Autoslash! Everything else I was finding was around $70!

Trying to decide on jumping to using Autoslash. Sounds straight forward. Would save me another $20 or so, but have never used them.
My quote was also with Dollar. What are some of the fine print pros and cons?

Where can I find the AP code for Alamo, I cannot find it anywhere on the Disney website and I am logged in and it shows my AP's.

We rented Alamo for one day when we flew into Tampa International late in evening in October, dropped off at Disney Car Car Center next day, quick complimentary shuttle to Poly, very easy. :thumbsup2

Where can I find the AP code for Alamo, I cannot find it anywhere on the Disney website and I am logged in and it shows my AP's.
If its anything like the DVC code it's hidden well, I spent hours trying to get the DVC code and was unsuccessful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter