** December 2019 Check In **

We will be there Dec. 21 through Jan 1. Coming from CT and staying at Best Western Plus. Hotel and airfare are booked and plan to buy tickets tomorrow. Had to justify the travel costs by staying for the entire school break! Plan to buy tickets through Get Away Today.

Does anybody have any advice on when i should book our trip, we usually book thru expedia.com, i was thinking August?

Dec 21-28. It will be our second trip to Disneyland. A mom with 13-year-old and 7-year-old sons. I have bought 5-day hopper tickets through LMT.
The last visit was in August 2018 and it was Wonderful!!! So we decide to come back. Last time we stayed at GCH, we loved it! But the holiday season's price scared me. So we give Hyatt Regency OC a try.

Does anybody have any advice on when i should book our trip, we usually book thru expedia.com, i was thinking August?
Book a cancellable reservation now direct with the properties. Just find somewhere you’re happy with and keep checking back just in case. Prices are only likely to rise though, particularly if you’re talking about the period between Christmas and the New Year.
All the best.

It depends on when you are traveling. If you are going over the actual holiday week and around the cusp when flights are in peak demand, then it's *generally* better to book early as those seats and rooms sell out quicker than earlier in December. Knowing the actual flight numbers/airline you wish to use helps to monitor fare changes. We come from Cleveland and United is our only direct-flight option, so it's pretty streamlined for us to keep track of that one round trip! lol! Okay there are a few more options but only one really great one! I keep the app and flight search on-hand when I'm standing in line somewhere. It only takes a minute to see if my flight costs take a dip. Normally the cost for two is $955-977, but I caught it last month dipping to $777 on a purely random weekday and I snatched up our tickets.

(Last year I bought our flights in May at the $977 rate, and as a habitual fare-watcher, I saw the cost dip a few times throughout the summer. This year I learned from my impatience and stalked the app until the dip price popped up.)

We'll be there for our last trip as AP's this year Dec. 13-17! Not renewing next year and planning WDW in 2021, so this is it for awhile. 😭 We're booked at Desert Inn, but checking periodically for better rates.

Just got back last week and was not planning to go again for a long while, but decided to spend my 51st in DL so going Dec 6-8 for a quick weekend trip! Staying at Grand Legacy.

Last edited:
Been watching the airfare prices since they came out for end of December/first few days of January and they are NOT dropping as of yet for us (we are in Northern CA). I usually find flights for about $100-$120 PP into LGB or SNA but as of now closer to $200 PP which makes driving more doable for us. Hoping the prices go down...

Headed to DL on December 5 - 10 so DD can see SWGE. She wants to build a light saber and droid. She is saving her $. We are staying at our usual place - Candy Cane Inn. Watching for deals with DLH, but, not keeping my hopes up. Flying into and out of LAX because of better times and prices (even adding in ground transportation I saved $100 a piece)

Been watching the airfare prices since they came out for end of December/first few days of January and they are NOT dropping as of yet for us (we are in Northern CA). I usually find flights for about $100-$120 PP into LGB or SNA but as of now closer to $200 PP which makes driving more doable for us. Hoping the prices go down...

Today's United fares are at a new low.

I know you fly SW but for anyone watching fares and considering United, today's roundtrip cost between Cleveland and LAX for two is $705, the normal fare is $977. (I check the prices almost daily and paid $777 back in May.) Take a peak at your home city to see if the prices are good!!

Today's United fares are at a new low.

I know you fly SW but for anyone watching fares and considering United, today's roundtrip cost between Cleveland and LAX for two is $705, the normal fare is $977. (I check the prices almost daily and paid $777 back in May.) Take a peak at your home city to see if the prices are good!!

:( not for us. Still over $200 PP. I think it has to do with the Max Jets going out of service for these short trips. I will fly whomever has the lowest price into Long Beach or Santa Ana. Ugh :( probably just need to drive this year (which is fine too). :) Will still keep my eye out for specials though. Thanks!

My husband and I will be there for our first trip December 13-17. I think I’m booking our flights today SW from BNA to LAX is $511 for the both. I was hoping the prices would go down but they don’t seem to be. Oh well. This is our first trip to Disneyland so I am excited.

We’ll be there 12/26-12/28, staying at The Candy Cane. I’ll be celebrating my (ugh) 40th Birthday while there. Originally I really wanted to stay on property but the prices scared me away. Instead, we’ll be spending a bit more than we usually do on nicer restaurants and maybe the WOC dessert party.

Book a cancellable reservation now direct with the properties. Just find somewhere you’re happy with and keep checking back just in case. Prices are only likely to rise though, particularly if you’re talking about the period between Christmas and the New Year.
All the best.
Thanks, i'm thinking about booking tropicana for hotel stay, we will be there 12/14-22

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!