** December 2019 Check In **

Here's the list! I'll update it as changes happen. (Expect serious slacking of duties in December....)

Nov 27 - 1: JulieBeeRN - Hyatt House
1-5: nikerbokers - VGC
1-7: Jperiod - VGC
1-7: gerilyne - TBD
2-4: ICMDGO - TBD
2-5: DizMe - GCH
3-6: robmar - PPH
3-7: osu2k1 - GCH
4-6: caltomboy - Candy Cane Inn
4-8: 2wordsforyou - DLH
4-11: Kittyskyfish - GCH
5-8: DnA2010 - TBD
5-10: 2tinkerbell - Candy Cane Inn
6-7: EsmeCullen - TBD
6-8: Malcoln10t - TBD
6-8: tlovesdis - Grand Legacy
6-15: dcraythorn - Hotel Indigo
7-10: bapcap - Camelot Inn
7-11: abent - TBD
7-14: Amanda- TBD
7-14: VTHappyGirl - VGC
7-14: dcraythorn - Hotel Indigo
8-?: PaladinButters - TBD
8-13: bcinohio - Homewood Suites
9-16: Kauai4life - Little Boy Blue
11-18: DL_Forever - VGC
12-14: hjgaus - VGC
12-15: GenGen22 - Sheraton
12-16: jerzeystar09 - Best Western
13-17: JeniL - GCH
13-17: DLmama - Desert Inn
13-17: Atilley - TBD
14-18: oceanrose - GCH
14-18: TikiTikiFan - TBD
14-21: Rayray650 - TBD
14-22: mousiemom - Tropicana
16-18: cindyland - offsite condo
16-20: twinky - GCH
19-24: Jeninef - Park Vue Inn
[Disney Holiday Warriors List begins]
21-26(?): sjmac42 - Hilton or Anaheim Desert Inn
21-28: bigorsmall - Hyatt Regency
21 - Jan 1: Newbie500 -Best Western Plus
21 - Jan 3: Malcon10t - TBD
22-24: RmeDad - Fairfield Inn
23-26: bandaidqueen - DLH
26-28: Marssiful - Candy Cane Inn
26-30: Donna Abshere - Cambria
29 - Jan 3: JavaDuck -GCH
30-31: PlutoTheDog89 - TBD
31 - Jan 4: RobertaMomof2 - TBD
31 - Jan 5: love2go2disney2 - TBD
Thank you for taking the time to do this. Our dates are now confirmed as 15 -21 December staying at GCH and two nights at DLH 😊

Hi. I am new to this forum, but a regular on another Disney forum. We are visiting from Dec 26th until the 31st. We are staying at the DL Hotel. I would have loved the GC; however, it was just sooo much more expensive.

This is our first ever trip to DL, and California. We hail from the Deep South.

I am so happy to find this thread, because on the other board, I keep getting told over and over that I am nuts for going during that week. It has me really nervous. :( I know the crowds will be insane, that is why we scheduled 4 park days.

Last edited:
Hi. I am new to this forum, but a regular on another Disney forum. We are visiting from Dec 26th until the 31st. We are staying at the DL Hotel. I would have loved the GC; however, it was just sooo much more expensive.

I am so happy to find this thread, because on the other board, I keep getting told over and over that I am nuts for going during that week. It has me really nervous. :( I know the crowds will be insane, that is why we scheduled 4 park days.
Welcome!! This has been a great thread!
We love DLR, I was born in Newport Beach, but moved to Oregon. We have done WDW once but DLR several times as a family. I grew up going every other year or so. It's in my blood! :)
You will have a blast!!!!

It may be silly, but two with the things I am looking forward to most is taking my husband and 2 children on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride And Snow White's Scary Adventures. These are rides I remember growing up with at Magic Kingdom, and they are experiences I have not been able to share what them yet.

I am of a coarse looking forward to so much more, but those 2 have a special place in my heart for this trip.

Hi! I'm sure you will have a fantastic time as long as you are a great planner! Clearly you've been forewarned about how essential MaxPass and Early Entry are to the busy season. We always go in December and the only nugget I can give you is plan on parade route traffic to hinder access if you want to jump from one land to another, if the jump involves crossing the hub or crossing main street. I think the Christmas Fantasy parade runs at 1:00 and 3:30 PM each day you are there and it causes a pedestrian kerfuffle trying to get between Tomorrowland or the Matterhorn, and the rest of the park. During parade time in peak crowds, we once spent nearly 20 minutes moving from the Matterhorn to the River Belle Terrace for our dining reservation. The railroad will have a long wait, too. So really, you do need to plan ahead and do rides near scheduled dining reservations, and know in advance what side of main street you need to be on if a parade is underway.

Hi! I'm sure you will have a fantastic time as long as you are a great planner! Clearly you've been forewarned about how essential MaxPass and Early Entry are to the busy season. We always go in December and the only nugget I can give you is plan on parade route traffic to hinder access if you want to jump from one land to another, if the jump involves crossing the hub or crossing main street. I think the Christmas Fantasy parade runs at 1:00 and 3:30 PM each day you are there and it causes a pedestrian kerfuffle trying to get between Tomorrowland or the Matterhorn, and the rest of the park. During parade time in peak crowds, we once spent nearly 20 minutes moving from the Matterhorn to the River Belle Terrace for our dining reservation. The railroad will have a long wait, too. So really, you do need to plan ahead and do rides near scheduled dining reservations, and know in advance what side of main street you need to be on if a parade is underway.
Last year during the 2018 dates that we are going, the parade was at 1 and 4:30. The year before that it was 3:30, so I figure I will just have to keep and eye on the schedule. My touring plan for the most part is hit the right side of the park on day 1, then the left side of the park on day 2. Shouldn't be a whole lot of hoping across the hub.

We were thinking of heading back to the hotel from about 12:30 until either before or after the second parade. If it is at 4:30, that would still give us almost 2.5 hours to rest, then try to head back around 3. If it is too crowded, just wait it out and head into the park again after the parade around 5:30. We are planning on booking the Plaza Parade dining package on our second DL day as a "Just in case." That way if it is too nuts, we have guaranteed seating the second day and don't have to stress the first day.

i can’t believe we are only 46 days out! So far we have reservations for BB fireworks package seating, WOC dessert party seating, SWGE droid plans, and drinks at the Cantina after. One last reservation to make for the Holiday tour and the gingerbread decorating at Brennan’s. No idea how we plan on bringing out gingerbread houses home on the plane..... We are checking daily for holiday food info and popcorn buckets! Who knew this girls trip would be so exciting for us to plan!

Just got back from our first trip using our Flex passes this past weekend and booked our second trip for Dec. 13-15, staying at Camelot Inn and Suites (not many rooms available at this point for those dates). So excited we get to go back during Christmas time at DLR though! Shocked I also got my DH to agree on a return trip so soon😂...just hoping I can snag reservations for both parks for that weekend as soon as it opens up 30 days out! That part has me a little nervous!

We will be staying 12/23-12/28 (Disneyland Hotel first-timers!)

When will we be able to book dining reservations and are there viewing packages on Christmas Eve and Day??

Girl, you can start your dining reservations now! Rezzies start 60 days in advance and the 23rd and 24th are now online for selection. That includes Fantasmic, I checked, and I'll assume WoC too. Tomorrow you will have access to the 25th, and so on. :)

Girl, you can start your dining reservations now! Rezzies start 60 days in advance and the 23rd and 24th are now online for selection. That includes Fantasmic, I checked, and I'll assume WoC too. Tomorrow you will have access to the 25th, and so on. :)
Thank you! I got my Blue Bayou/Fantasmic reservation for the 24th. We’re going to do breakfast with Minnie on the 25th, but I don’t know what else to add.

We were going to skip this a holiday trip this year, but the airline rates were too good to pass up. My three daughters and I are doing a girl's trip: December 14-18th, staying at Desert Inn. Awesome rate at the hotel as well. We went during a crowded long weekend last year and still had a blast! Take advantage of those early mornings/late nights. An afternoon break helps.

I was able to score premium seating for Fantasmic at River Belle on the 16th. We loved this last year. I have a reservation for the dessert WOC party, but I'm still on the fence about that one.

Other than that, going to keep it flexible. Happy to join the group!

What kind of promo did they have? We are looking to book a trip this winter and was looking at staying at one of these two.
They had a last minute 20% off with a cap of 1000 discount. They went fast. And no guarantee it will happen again. I think travelocity is doing something now with a cap of 300 discount.

Thank you! I got my Blue Bayou/Fantasmic reservation for the 24th. We’re going to do breakfast with Minnie on the 25th, but I don’t know what else to add.

I see you have a new Disboard account. Welcome! *waves* Do you have the Disneyland app yet? It's the best for managing all of your dining reservations, MaxPass selections, ordering food from select quick service locations, scoping out menus, and of course, for maintaining your tickets or APs.

I see you have a new Disboard account. Welcome! *waves* Do you have the Disneyland app yet? It's the best for managing all of your dining reservations, MaxPass selections, ordering food from select quick service locations, scoping out menus, and of course, for maintaining your tickets or APs.
Thank you for the warm welcome! We do have the app, but I’ve never ordered from a quick service location. I’m hoping we can utilize it during our trip as I’ve never experienced the holiday crowds before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter