** December 2019 Check In **

Considering how crowded it is supposed to be between Christmas and New Year's, I am a little bit surprised to see that Paradise Pier seems to be the only one just about sold out at the moment.

Just booked a 12/8-12/13 trip (park days 12/8-12/12) staying at GCH for our first ever visit out west! My mom and I are big WDW vets and can not wait to experience Christmas time here.

Just booked a 12/8-12/13 trip (park days 12/8-12/12) staying at GCH for our first ever visit out west! My mom and I are big WDW vets and can not wait to experience Christmas time here.

Welcome! We're Ohioans who make the trek each year to Disneyland Resort. It's so special to us and Christmastime there is the best! This December marks 19 years of Disney trips. :love:

Does anyone know what day I can book the holiday tour? We want to do it on the 8th, can I do it on November 8th or on the 9th?

Welcome! We're Ohioans who make the trek each year to Disneyland Resort. It's so special to us and Christmastime there is the best! This December marks 19 years of Disney trips. :love:

So glad to see Ohio represented on my favorite site! My son, daughter-in-law and grandson just relocated there from Northern California, and we’re flying them out for my grandson’s first trip! My husband is wondering why you come to DL instead of DW? He‘s trying to figure out our future Disney trips since we’re expecting another Ohio grandchild next year!

So glad to see Ohio represented on my favorite site! My son, daughter-in-law and grandson just relocated there from Northern California, and we’re flying them out for my grandson’s first trip! My husband is wondering why you come to DL instead of DW? He‘s trying to figure out our future Disney trips since we’re expecting another Ohio grandchild next year!

I'm sure your son and family will be very happy as Ohioans! It's a great state, very underrated.

We've been to WDW many times because we lived in Tampa for a few years. My husband's former employer has facilities in El Segundo and Fullerton, and we would take a few extra days to see Disneyland while on a site trip. Between the two resorts, we ended up liking the feel and pace of Disneyland better, especially now that California Adventure has come into its own. Trying to compare the two places is hard because both are wonderful in their own way, which is why the "this or that" discussion is always ongoing.

My family of four will be at the VGC from 12/21 to 12/25. We live in Northern California so it's an easy SW flight back and forth for us. DS22 Special needs has been "dying" to go to DL for Christmas again. He's pretty much Buddy the Elf :) This will be our third Disney Christmas over the years, and I'm really looking forward to it. I haven't booked much. Christmas dinner at Storybook, Christmas Eve brunch at Catal with Santa, and that's about it. He really wants to see the parade, and we looked into the holiday tour, but it doesn't sound as if it goes on any rides. Also thinking about doing the DVC Christmas Eve dinner party, but can't find much info on it and it sounds pricey.

Every year we decorate for Christmas while listening to the Disneyland Main Street USA Holiday Background Music Loop. So many great memories from the park and this brings it all back. Eating ice cream on the curb, waiting for the Christmas Fantasy Parade. Lunch at the Carnation Cafe. Shopping for gewgaws at the Emporium. All the holiday decorations and garland glittering in the sunlight.

We will arrive in four weeks! This music sets the mood for our vacation more than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's the list! I'll update it as changes happen. (Expect serious slacking of duties in December....)

Nov 27 - 1: JulieBeeRN - Hyatt House
1-5: nikerbokers - VGC
1-7: Jperiod - VGC
1-7: gerilyne - TBD
2-4: ICMDGO - TBD
2-5: DizMe - GCH
3-6: robmar - PPH
3-7: osu2k1 - GCH
4-6: caltomboy - Candy Cane Inn
4-8: 2wordsforyou - DLH
4-11: Kittyskyfish - GCH
5-8: DnA2010 - TBD
5-9: dec2009mama - Holiday Inn
5-10: 2tinkerbell - Candy Cane Inn
6-7: EsmeCullen - TBD
6-8: Malcoln10t - TBD
6-8: tlovesdis - Grand Legacy
6-15: dcraythorn - Hotel Indigo
7-10: bapcap - Camelot Inn
7-11: abent - TBD
7-12: emmagator - VGC
7-13: mouseknotts - Tropicana
7-14: Amanda- TBD
7-14: VTHappyGirl - VGC
7-14: dcraythorn - Hotel Indigo
8-?: PaladinButters - TBD
8-13: bcinohio - Homewood Suites
8-13: RabidGummiBear - GCH
9-16: Kauai4life - Little Boy Blue
11-18: DL_Forever - VGC
12-14: hjgaus - VGC
12-15: GenGen22 - Sheraton
12-16: jerzeystar09 - Best Western
13-15: MinnieMama09 - Camelot Inn
13-17: JeniL - GCH
13-17: DLmama - Desert Inn
13-17: Atilley - TBD
14-18: oceanrose - GCH
14-18: TikiTikiFan - TBD
14-18: Halloweenqueen - Desert Inn
14-21: Rayray650 - GCH and DLH
14-22: mousiemom - Tropicana
16-18: cindyland - offsite condo
16-20: twinky - GCH
19-24: Jeninef - Park Vue Inn
[Disney Holiday Warriors List begins]
21-25: CaliforniaGirl09 - VGC
21-26(?): sjmac42 - Hilton or Anaheim Desert Inn
21-28: bigorsmall - Hyatt Regency
21 - Jan 1: Newbie500 -Best Western Plus
21 - Jan 3: Malcon10t - TBD
22-24: RmeDad - Fairfield Inn
23-26: bandaidqueen - DLH
23-28: MotherOfMouseketeers - DLH
26-28: Marssiful - Candy Cane Inn
26-30: Donna Abshere - Cambria
26-31: KrzyKtty101 - DLH
29 - Jan 3: JavaDuck -GCH
30-31: PlutoTheDog89 - TBD
31 - Jan 4: RobertaMomof2 - TBD
31 - Jan 5: love2go2disney2 - TBD

I'm staying at Candy Cane Inn!

First DL trip. Looking forward to hearing some Christmasy recommendations and hearing how it's different from WDW during the holidays!

Every year we decorate for Christmas while listening to the Disneyland Main Street USA Holiday Background Music Loop. So many great memories from the park and this brings it all back. Eating ice cream on the curb, waiting for the Christmas Fantasy Parade. Lunch at the Carnation Cafe. Shopping for gewgaws at the Emporium. All the holiday decorations and garland glittering in the sunlight.

We will arrive in four weeks! This music sets the mood for our vacation more than anything else.

Thank you for sharing this! Love it!! Still desperately hoping to squeeze in a trip Dec 14/15 (and the 15th is my bday!) but some possible work travel is making it a challenge... >:( Holding a room at the Courtyard in hopes it works out!

Thank you for sharing this! Love it!! Still desperately hoping to squeeze in a trip Dec 14/15 (and the 15th is my bday!) but some possible work travel is making it a challenge... >:( Holding a room at the Courtyard in hopes it works out!

I hope you get a trip squeezed in!

@PlutoTheDog89 , check out the Grand Californian main lobby's gigantic Christmas tree and get a chocolate chip cookie shot, which is a big cookie shaped into a shot glass, dipped in chocolate to keep it from leaking, and filled with either chocolate milk or a liqueur. 🥰

We’re staying at the Anaheim Marriott Hotel- so excited! Never stayed there before and usually go super budget so I’m stoked that I decided to be less of a cheapskate and splurge a little for something better than the Clarion. 😂

Can't wait! Been many times to Disneyland but never during the Christmas season. Also taking my
Aunt and my cousin who have never been to Disneyland. 12/6 to 12/14
Park days (7th and 11th-13th) with a day at Universal and Knotts. Staying at the Howard Jonhson.

I am so bummed! I called to book the Holiday Tour for December 8th, but because of the Candlelight Processional, they are not doing tours that weekend. :(

I want to eat all. the. things! Is there a full on list of everything? I read the disney blog, but it seems there's more than what they put there, right? We went during halloween and our kids were a hot mess with all the food and treats. We're trying to figure out a more constructive way to limit the kids thinking they can have everything anytime (and throwing a fit when they don't get it), but allowing all of us to sample plenty holiday offerings. I thought if we had a list, everyone could look through and choose some things they really want to try/share and we can spread it out through the week.

Booked Dec 6-8. Haven't been to Disneyland in 4 years and during Holiday season in 7 years. Any tips on how to get onto the horse-drawn streetcar while the Dapper Dans are hanging on while singing?

I want to eat all. the. things! Is there a full on list of everything? I read the disney blog, but it seems there's more than what they put there, right? We went during halloween and our kids were a hot mess with all the food and treats. We're trying to figure out a more constructive way to limit the kids thinking they can have everything anytime (and throwing a fit when they don't get it), but allowing all of us to sample plenty holiday offerings. I thought if we had a list, everyone could look through and choose some things they really want to try/share and we can spread it out through the week.

That. Blog. Is. Epic. 🥰🥰😁😁😍

I'd say you need to set a daily limit in advance, and let your kids have fun planning a list of what treats and meals they will have each day, maybe throw in some time slots for each to keep them paced. Keep the list handy so everyone can refer to it in the parks. Allow substitutions because that's inevitable, but let the list keep track of their daily allotment and let them use it as a decision making tool.

Adding: Have another option for shared treats. It's clearly up to you and your budget, and this is a good option for keeping the cost down. Plus sharing is easier on the tummies.

Booked Dec 6-8. Haven't been to Disneyland in 4 years and during Holiday season in 7 years. Any tips on how to get onto the horse-drawn streetcar while the Dapper Dans are hanging on while singing?

What hotel? So I can add that to the list. 😁

That. Blog. Is. Epic. 🥰🥰😁😁😍

I'd say you need to set a daily limit in advance, and let your kids have fun planning a list of what treats and meals they will have each day, maybe throw in some time slots for each to keep them paced. Keep the list handy so everyone can refer to it in the parks. Allow substitutions because that's inevitable, but let the list keep track of their daily allotment and let them use it as a decision making tool.

Adding: Have another option for shared treats. It's clearly up to you and your budget, and this is a good option for keeping the cost down. Plus sharing is easier on the tummies.
Oh, I love the time slot idea!! That was one of our other problems during the last trip! If felt like someone was ALWAYS stopping to eat because not everyone was hungry at the same time. The other issue is choosing where to eat with such varied tastes. Maybe I should consider more table service meals since restaurants usually offer more variety so we don't have to go to 3 different counter service places each time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter