** December 2019 Check In **

Just scored a 6:20pm Blue Bayou for Saturday. Guess that means missing Candlelight Processional but that's ok. Snoap fall along New Orleans Square and Blue Bayou dinner will be amazing. They still do the snow for Rivers of America with Candlelight Processional going on right?

How are the crowds and weather today?

I wanted to add that California Adventure crowds picked up last night. It didn't feel super crowded, maybe 7/10, but some of the rides were having snafus and wait times got long. TSMM got to a 90 minute wait as half of the cars were having technical issues for a while. Incredicoaster was up and down all day. RSR went down on us before we got to use our FP, but the magic of MaxPass worked and we were sent two open FPs to use at CA by the end of the day. That allowed us to go back and ride it at night, something we never did before. Wow! I want to do that again!

The snafu situation sounds disappointing, but it really wasn't. It's so beautiful here and there are plenty of alternatives if something is temporarily down.

I'm so excited - we leave tomorrow and should be in the parks around 3:30. I know it is going to be packed, but we are prepared. It is supposed to rain, so that might help the crowd levels to not be a crowded. But honestly, it doesn't matter to us. We live in the Seattle area and we are totally prepared for rain and crowds. Can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations and spend 4 days at DLR!

We fly out tomorrow morning and plan to be at the parks in the afternoon as well. Hopefully we packed enough clothing to be rain ready!! My teenagers don’t like listening to my footwear advice. What do I know

We fly out tomorrow morning and plan to be at the parks in the afternoon as well. Hopefully we packed enough clothing to be rain ready!! My teenagers don’t like listening to my footwear advice. What do I know
Pack a bunch of large zip-loc bags for "just in case/Mom knows best" scenarios. If their shoes get soaked, have them dry off, put on dry socks, put their feet inside a zip-loc bag, then insert a bagged foot inside a wet shoe. The shoes may stay soaked, but their feet will stay dry. (You can fold the top of the sock over the bag to keep it in place.) It isn't as good as rain boots or waterproof shoes, but it beats drenched, cold feet and blisters any day.

We’ll be there Wednesday to Sunday this week! Anyone have any ideas how the crowds will be then? I’m hoping it won’t be too crazy since schools still in and everything

We're in the December checked out group now. :sad1: Had an amazing Saturday and Sunday in the parks though! Crowds weren't bad before noon and after the fireworks. Between then it was probably a 6/10, maybe a 7/10. Was really looking forward to Viva Navidad but it was cancelled for one performance (maybe others too), and it was the one we had planned to fit into the schedule, and couldn't really fit into other parts of the day unfortunately. First time using MaxPass and won't hesitate getting it for future visits. Candy Cane Beignets and Cranberry Julep were easily our favorite holiday snacks, special mention to the Stuffing Mac-n-Cheese at DCA though. Watched the Holiday Fireworks across the street from the Candy Palace (we were next to the Silhouette Studio I think?) and it was nice to get the projections on the stores towards the front of us between the castle while not having the giant trees in front of Refreshment Corner block out the fireworks to the left of the castle. Nice spot to do 360s during the Snoap-fall too.

Here now! Oh man, the jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel at the Refreshment Corner is AWESOME. Ah.... No pics. I just couldn't stop eating to take a shot. 🙃🤭

It's not really spicy, no more than a very mild salsa.

Thanks for the heads-up on this! Made a mental note to give it a try after seeing your post last week. We stopped in and grabbed this right before the Candlelight Processional made it's way down Main Street and there was a surprising number of open tables to enjoy the pretzel as we watched them walk by. It was very awesome!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!