December 2019 Code Watch

krissyh

DIS Veteran
I haven't seen a thread, but if one exists, feel free to close this one.

I am hoping for a decent discount the first week of December that includes POFQ. Fingers crossed that the stars will align for Free Dining, but with the opening of Star Wars that seems quite the pipe dream.

The odds of needing to fill rooms at that point are slim, but let's all send some good vibes to the code fairy!

Chiming in with news re- early December: We’re newbie owners, bought airfare and then learned there is no availability for Dec 3-10 as this is a very busy DVC period (according to MS) as the Annual Owners meeting is on.
Couldn’t even use Welcome Home first booking...

Add me to this watch. I am not very hopeful, so I booked what I want to pay for and will be extremely happy if something comes up. Any extra money saved will just go back to Disney with add on that I would love to do.

Following here too. We currently have BB rates booked for December 20-27 (split stay between CR and BC), but are hoping an AP rate will come out that is better, like it did last year (the BB rate for our room categories is only saving us 10% currently). Of course I am grateful for any discount that comes out at that time of year, and wouldn't necessarily expect one (especially for 12/24-12/27), but last year we saved $1400 off the first half of our Christmas week split stay in a WL deluxe CL room on an AP discount that opened up for that room category in November...so a girl can dream, lol!

I just spoke with a cast member on the phone and she told me that they are WELL booked in to March 2020 because of GE...she does not see any more discounts released for this year. Ugh....I kind of thought that would be the case, but I called anyway. I'm holding on to hope that she will be wrong...but not looking good. :( I could really use the help on cutting my group's costs. We shall see...

Well don’t see how they can be booked out until March 2020. I am going in 2020 and the booking screen does not go past January 2020. Can you do it by phone but not online?

Well don’t see how they can be booked out until March 2020. I am going in 2020 and the booking screen does not go past January 2020. Can you do it by phone but not online?
You can book 499 days out. If online doesn't go out that far, the CM's can make the reservation.

I went ahead and booked a few days the 1st week in December at FQ standard view at rack rate. DH and I love FQ and we are ok with the rate if a discount does not show up. It seems these days that FQ is not included in the discounts or it is only 10%. Now I can relax and know we have a resort we love booked during a time we particularly love WDW. Last December many of the cabins in the Tree Houses were decorated outside and had beautiful Christmas trees in the big window overlooking the river. This made the ride to and from DS even more magical :)

I rebooked today to get the dining plan. The cast member told me to keep looking for the AP discount and jump on it when it comes out!

I went ahead and booked a few days the 1st week in December at FQ standard view at rack rate. DH and I love FQ and we are ok with the rate if a discount does not show up. It seems these days that FQ is not included in the discounts or it is only 10%. Now I can relax and know we have a resort we love booked during a time we particularly love WDW. Last December many of the cabins in the Tree Houses were decorated outside and had beautiful Christmas trees in the big window overlooking the river. This made the ride to and from DS even more magical :)

That's what I do. If I want a specific resort for set in stone dates, and am okay with rack rate, I book it.

Im looking for December discounts as well. I booked a BB JIC I wanted to go back, and if I do I plan to take two tween friends with me. I spoke to one of the girls dads and he is considering the trip. Hmmmm, I can share space with 4 people, but not one of them a Dad, so we need another room. He will go if my DH will join us. I dont care if they are in a different resort (I have AKL Savannah booked) and would toss the two of them in any resort with a decent discount.

Booked yesterday from the 11-18 at the boardwalk inn! Was shocked to see a lot of rooms still available this late in the game. Especially the club level ones. Hopefully they send out something!!

Booked yesterday from the 11-18 at the boardwalk inn! Was shocked to see a lot of rooms still available this late in the game. Especially the club level ones. Hopefully they send out something!!

I’m not sure we will see much. The bounceback for early December was very slim pickings back in Jan/Feb. even for club level. I am holding on to a bounceback for Dec 7-14 but the only club level room that was available for those dates was the cottage suites at BWI. No other CL rooms were available when o booked in early Feb. I booked it in case I can change it to something else, but so far, no luck.

We're booked for December 4-11 at YC, water view, club level. The YC shows NOTHING available for those dates. I'll be shocked if an AP offer comes out at all but I'll hold on to some hope:).

I’m not sure we will see much. The bounceback for early December was very slim pickings back in Jan/Feb. even for club level. I am holding on to a bounceback for Dec 7-14 but the only club level room that was available for those dates was the cottage suites at BWI. No other CL rooms were available when o booked in early Feb. I booked it in case I can change it to something else, but so far, no luck.
We went in February and yea I remember the bounce backs weren’t anything that wowed us. As of right now if I try to book from the 11-18 there’s still club level standard view rooms available

Just booked BLT for two nights in December, fingers crossed for an AP discount that will save me from a very expensive sleepover :oops:

Hoping for some kind of discount for December!! They can’t just not have discounts for the rest of the year after GE opens, right? o_O I’m only planning on going for 2 nights, December 21 and 22 and right now, without a discount, it’s going to be super expensive!! I have my heart set on a deluxe for those 2 nights but the prices are insane!:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter