December 2019 Disney DIY Exercise Challenge

@BonnieF , are you still out there? We miss you! My guess is you are busy with holiday prep, but I just wanted to check on you. Say hi when you can.

I’m still here! Just having a busy, disorganized week or so 🙄🙄. Like everyone else, getting ready for the big day and the chaos that will follow! My son and the gang will come up just after Christmas and will be here for 8 days and I want to get a lot of the prep done beforehand so I can spend every possible minute with my girlies!
You guys are soooo crafty! What great things you’ve made! I might try those coasters. I can’t see all of the projects because I keep getting a spam pop up telling me I won a gift card to walmart when I try to change pages 😤.
I can only add 30 minutes of very short walks. Hoping to do better next week.
(90/750)

I especially love the Peter Pan outfit and the swapped Alice characters. Scar is pretty clever, too, but I don't think I have the personality to pull that one off. What's your favorite?

I like the Monsters, Inc. and Moana ones.

30 new minutes for me. (I'm now watching the Mandalorian on the treadmill, and the time just flies by!)

280/500

Glad to see your post today, Bonnie F! You've reached Bert Blue!!! Congrats!!
:stitch: :jumping3::jumping3::stitch:

PollyannaMom, did you know the new episode for the Mandalorian is dropping this Wed rather than Friday? Probably because the new movie opens this week, too.

piglet1979, I'd count it, too! Several hours of walking even at a slow pace is still something.

So, the ad pop ups. Is that just this thread or is that all of Disboards? I haven't had any issue, but I also have an ad blocker installed on my computer. I just want to make sure the things I'm linking are not causing problems here.

Speaking of linking, today is a recipe day, and I've found a yummy one to share that some of you might be fans of:

http://wdwrecipes.com/polynesian/ohana/stir-fried-noodles-ohana/

Glad to see your post today, Bonnie F! You've reached Bert Blue!!! Congrats!!
:stitch: :jumping3::jumping3::stitch:

PollyannaMom, did you know the new episode for the Mandalorian is dropping this Wed rather than Friday? Probably because the new movie opens this week, too.

piglet1979, I'd count it, too! Several hours of walking even at a slow pace is still something.

So, the ad pop ups. Is that just this thread or is that all of Disboards? I haven't had any issue, but I also have an ad blocker installed on my computer. I just want to make sure the things I'm linking are not causing problems here.

Speaking of linking, today is a recipe day, and I've found a yummy one to share that some of you might be fans of:

http://wdwrecipes.com/polynesian/ohana/stir-fried-noodles-ohana/
I saw a thread that was all about the malware - so not just us!

Last edited:

partly having trouble with pop-ups when trying to use the DIS on my PC. But it seems to be cleared up now (fingers crossed!)
This and finishing up my Christmas project kind of kept me away too. And yesterday we bought a new car. But the pop up issue seems to have gotten a little better.

I know I'm late for favorite Friday, but here it is finished. 20191214_211554.jpg

I'm adding 90 minutes today to try to make up a little bit for my absence.

420/750

We have two color changes today. Elizabeth Smith is now at Winifred Purple and ljcrochet took a big leap forward to be the first to reach Jane Pink! :dancer::dancer::dancer:

@sophy1996 , I already had you down for 380, so I added your latest 70 minutes to that total to bring you up to 450. I looked back at a few posts to make sure I was adding things correctly, but if you think I've made a mistake somewhere, please let me know.

The TEAM is at 48%, so we are closing in on Winifred Purple.

So sorry I missed yesterday. I will make up for it by posting a craft in addition to a recipe. And just to let you know, I am about 99% sure I will not be able to update tomorrow, either.

If you like your Disney DIY's to be on the subtle side, this holiday craft might be for you:

https://www.sandandorsnow.com/2018/12/diy-disney-christmas-wreath-hidden-mickey-tutorial/
As for our recipe, I found this holiday copycat recipe from Disneyland:

https://mommymouseclubhouse.com/category/recipes/disney-recipes/
I haven't been to Disneyland, so I've never experienced this treat for myself,but I love churros, and I love Biscoff so I can just imagine how yummy this must be.

@Elizabeth Smith and @ljcrochet , your crafts are GREAT! Thank you both so much for sharing!!!

So I got a chance to post our update after all and good thing, too, because our TEAM has reached 51% of goal and Winifred Purple!!! :figment: :figment: :figment: Way to go, team!

Wondering what to do with your magic bands after your trip is over? This article might give you some ideas:

https://www.smittenwithmickey.com/2017/03/14/diy-magic-bands/
I really love the idea of combining the bands with the Disney sketch you receive once you're back home (though it seems like DD and I received our sketch at check in last trip). If I can figure out which sketch goes with which set of bands, I might do this.

No color changes so far today, but it's Favorite Friday again! Time does fly doesn't it? It's your turn to share.

There is one simple DIY that I used to do on a regular basis but have forgotten about recently. Mickey waffles! I use a Mickey shaped waffle maker and this waffle mix:

And to us, the waffles taste just like the ones at WDW. I should really make these again soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts