December 2020 Car Rentals

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
I don't see a thread, so hopefully it's OK to start one.

Been looking at rates....:sad2:

At this point, I'm around $335 for 4 days in the beginning of December. Fingers crossed that rates will go down as time passes.

I just got a 6 day rental from the car care center for $260. Originally, we were planning on using Disney transportation, but with mixed reports, a rental may be more convenient.

$317 for a small SUV 12/9-12/16. AAA discount through carrentalsavers.com. Not loving this price, I'll keep looking.

$402 for a full size car picking up 12/24/20 and returning 1/3/21 (Avis).
Picking up Bham Al and returning to same location.

Not loving the rates I'm seeing (we just decided to plan a trip for Christmas-New Years) but given it's the holidays, and I'll only stick to a select few rental companies (Enterprise, Budget, Avis - for the free spouse driver) I'm not totally shocked at what I'm seeing. We're arriving on 12/25 and leaving 1/3. Right now the best I have for a Standard SUV is through Avis for $748.76.

I've got 4 days right now - Dec 3 AM to Dec 7 PM. Rate when I first booked a while ago was $328 for compact car, rebooked at $250 today. Alamo through Costco website. Still high, so I will keep checking.

Rechecked my October rate (probably cancelling anyway), rate was higher than a few weeks ago, but the full size was cheaper than intermediate today.

Got a standard SUV (Ford Edge) for 12/2 thru 12/10 with the passholder discount for 376. with Alamo. This was through the Alamo site.

I am holding a reservation for a standard truck, December 5th to 12th. $371 including the fuel option. Alamo through Costco (so price also includes a free extra driver).

I am looking for a full size car or intermediate SUV from 12/24 - 1/3. So far the best price I have found is $587 for a full size at Budget through Costco. I'm hoping to get it below $500 but it is significantly cheaper than the $800 I was quoted two weeks ago.

I just got a 6 day rental from the car care center for $260. Originally, we were planning on using Disney transportation, but with mixed reports, a rental may be more convenient.

Plans change. Originally, we were doing the above, plus using ME and Mears or Lyft for our Universal portion of the vacation. Now, we’re looking at a 10 day rental, from/to MCO. Currently, I have a standard SUV for $503 and a minivan for $570 reserved. We figure the cost and tips of other transportation is worth $120, while we pick up $75 in parking fees. Hoping I can catch a drop in price at some point.

Well, we’re about 3 weeks away and so far rate have only gone up. While I’ll keep looking, I think I already have my best rate.

We have a Midsize SUV booked for Dec 5th thru 12th inclusive, Alamo through Costco for $293.07 which includes taxes, fees and the free 2nd driver. We caught a small dip in rates on 10/29.

I misspoke too soon. Just picked up a standard SUV for 10 days in early December for $406 through Costco. Now, all we need to figure out is if it will hold 5 of us plus luggage versus a minivan for $560.

We have a Midsize SUV booked for Dec 5th thru 12th inclusive, Alamo through Costco for $293.07 which includes taxes, fees and the free 2nd driver. We caught a small dip in rates on 10/29.

Got the same vehicle for the same start date but leaving on the 16th. Picked up the same decrease on 10/29, and just now picked up another $25 decrease. $376 is still relatively high for 11 days, but significantly better than the over $700 it started out as back in August.

Steve

Noticed another significant drop on my December rental from yesterday to today. I just got an email from AutoSlash finding a better price. Mine is $393 and AutoSlash is $347 through Priceline. Does anyone know if Alamo will match it? I never booked through Priceline so I don’t know if I want to. Always book direct from Alamo with zero issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter