****December 2020 Thread****

We are scheduled to go 12/9-12. Interested in CP - it is 2 credits on the dining plan? Is it worth it to do the dining package? What restaurants offer the package? Thanks!

@GPC0321 Last year they changed it that you needed to pay upfront.
Ah, good to know. And that's smart too. Keeps people from hoarding them until they see what narrators are when, etc.

I just got my little ticker countdown up, and then read something that has me thinking this Christmas trip is probably not going to happen. *sigh* Oh well. I'll keep the faith for now anyway.

Did some research on the CP dining packages but one thing I'm not sure about - if you pay out of pocket is it a set price for an app, entree and dessert or is it just the cost of the food?

When they instituted the parking fees, I swore I would never drive to WDW again. However, I am considering it vs flying in Dec just because of the virus stuff. I may need to hold off getting a ticket until we see if there is any spike in cases.

When they instituted the parking fees, I swore I would never drive to WDW again. However, I am considering it vs flying in Dec just because of the virus stuff. I may need to hold off getting a ticket until we see if there is any spike in cases.

I'm struggling with this as well. I am taking my mom (who isn't be any means old at 68, but is older), and I know she is worried about potential exposures. I have considered driving, but man, that's a long haul from NY!

My hope is that by December WDW is starting to resemble itself at the holidays. Fireworks, parades and meet and greets need to return as iconic parts of the Disney experience. I won't mind the elimination of buffets, but what will that do to club level services?

I'm struggling with this as well. I am taking my mom (who isn't be any means old at 68, but is older), and I know she is worried about potential exposures. I have considered driving, but man, that's a long haul from NY!

I swore never to drive after growing up camping but this year I might also be driving the 1200 mile trek south. I've heard too many stories of which roads to take, which to avoid from family who make the snowbird drives south and north that I'd rather just buy out 3 rows and sit by the window on the plane. XD
I kid of course - not a millionaire.

Health first.

You’d be surprised how much buying extra seats compensates. Mileage is about $0.57 per mile for calculating purposes

After cancelling our April trip, we are now booked for November 30-December 5 at Pop Century. It's just my older DD and oldest GDD (21) and me, and we're really really hoping this happens as planned.
We want to do a CP dinner or lunch but don't know yet what day we'll do.

I live in TX so its a 2 day trip for me

Just booked Nov 30th - Dec 5th Gran Destino Tower. First time going in December ( have gone mid nov so have done some holiday things but never the full fledged thing }

Well, I guess I'm another summer refugee. My reservations are August and I LOVE the crazy hot weather, so I am sad about missing the heat and having to carry a jacket around with me...GASP. Anyway, I teach school part time. I was planning to ditch the first week of class for my 50th, but now I'm afraid I'll freak too many parents out if I'm wandering around Disney one week and back with the kids the next. :(

Planning either Mon-Fri the 7th-11th (Pop Warner week) or Mon-Fri the14th -18th. Obviously, this isn't a normal year, but would it be better to put up with Pop Warner? Are the crowds normally a little better than 14th-18th week as it is closer to the holiday? Thanks for any help.

DH and I will be at FQ Nov. 30 - Dec.4th. I am counting the days til I can book dining. I so need a Disney holiday fix after all this virus stuff.

Notre Dame was the first university to issue formalized plan for their fall semester. In short, they're asking all faculty and students to arrive and work on campus for the first half of the semester, then the second half will transition to school from home.

To me, this is saying they expect the COVID019 virus to make a resurgence in the fall (November/December). Not all schools are doing this, but it's a huge commitment from one of the top universities to do this. Just something to think on.

If the parks close for any reason, and I hope they don't, I'm okay if I just stay at the resort as my mom will need me to visit and we will be club level for a few nights. I'd also change my plans from flying to driving.

Just booked Nov 30th - Dec 5th Gran Destino Tower. First time going in December ( have gone mid nov so have done some holiday things but never the full fledged thing }
I will be there at GDT too at that time, providing I don't decide to postpone

I’ve had hotel reservations since last December for 11/28-12/5 at POFQ. I’ve been to Disney more than a dozen times, but I have never used the dated tickets. Here is my question - if I buy tickets starting 11/28 and decide BEFORE that date that we cannot go, how far out can my *new* date be? For example, can we move the tickets to start the following December or do we have to use them before 6 months, etc?

I’ve had hotel reservations since last December for 11/28-12/5 at POFQ. I’ve been to Disney more than a dozen times, but I have never used the dated tickets. Here is my question - if I buy tickets starting 11/28 and decide BEFORE that date that we cannot go, how far out can my *new* date be? For example, can we move the tickets to start the following December or do we have to use them before 6 months, etc?
As I understand it, your tickets never lose their value, so if you don't use the tickets, you can apply their value to any future dates; you'll just have to pay the difference if ticket prices go up or the new dates are more expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter