****December 2020 Thread****

Can someone help me understand how booking a package works? We have been to WDW many times but have always booked hotels and tickets separately. I'd like to book xmas week (understanding the crowds can be heavy), but if the tri-state quarantine is still in effect, we will have to cancel. But with park availability dwindling, are we able to secure hotel/tickets/park reservations, but cancel fully if needed? What is the deadline for cancelling for a full refund? Thanks!

Can someone help me understand how booking a package works? We have been to WDW many times but have always booked hotels and tickets separately. I'd like to book xmas week (understanding the crowds can be heavy), but if the tri-state quarantine is still in effect, we will have to cancel. But with park availability dwindling, are we able to secure hotel/tickets/park reservations, but cancel fully if needed? What is the deadline for cancelling for a full refund? Thanks!

The following is from Disney's website for rooms and packages:

Rooms and Packages

To provide additional flexibility, we are waiving Disney-imposed change and cancellation fees up to the date of check-in for reservations with arrivals through December 31, 2020. If Guests need further assistance, they can reach us at the Disney Reservation Center through our online chat feature or by calling our reservation line.

Just booked our trip for Dec 26 - 31! Trying to mentally prepare for the crowds but I’ve been to DLR during that same timeframe and as a DLR AP with no hope of the parks reopening anytime soon, I’ll take what I can get! Plus, we were at WDW last September so other than a few things I hope we get to do (mainly ROTR & MMRR), I’m fine just enjoying being back at WDW. This is our first trip staying off-property so it will be an unusual trip all around!

My Mom and I are going Nov 30- Dec 5!! We will be staying at Pop Century, which we love. 3 Disney Parks days and 1 Universal day. We are very excited. A little worried about dining though and what it means. Having trouble getting reservations I’ve never had trouble getting before. Couldn’t get SciFi or 50s but I know HS is busy and capacity for restaurants is reduced.

We are going Nov 29 - Dec 7, and I just today realized that I should probably follow the December rather than November board. I have been doing even more resort switching than usual, but I think we're set with a Riviera Tower Studio for the first few days, and then over to Coronado. We love Gran Destino, but for this visit, the outdoor entrance to our room and lack of elevator time seemed important. We have only one indoor reservation at Topolino's for breakfast, and if Toledo opens, we will absolutely be there. Otherwise, it's a couple of outdoor spots at the Springs mid-week, and then QS for the rest. We just really need this trip - as much as one can "need" to go to Disney.

We are going Nov 29 - Dec 7, and I just today realized that I should probably follow the December rather than November board. I have been doing even more resort switching than usual, but I think we're set with a Riviera Tower Studio for the first few days, and then over to Coronado. We love Gran Destino, but for this visit, the outdoor entrance to our room and lack of elevator time seemed important. We have only one indoor reservation at Topolino's for breakfast, and if Toledo opens, we will absolutely be there. Otherwise, it's a couple of outdoor spots at the Springs mid-week, and then QS for the rest. We just really need this trip - as much as one can "need" to go to Disney.
We stayed in a tower studio last month and loved it! Our room was on the second floor which is on the same floor as the lobby and so convenient. Beautiful room and view. Hope you enjoy it!

Oh, I'm totally with you on the "need" to go to Disney! :goodvibes

Getting ready to book New Years at either Swan Dolphin or Coronado. So dining and park reservation 60 days out? We are DVC members and missing Disney. We have spent many holidays at Disney and we are just going to go for it!

I will be at GDT 12/3-12/9 so hoping elevators are fast and busses aren’t all totally full before they get to the bus stop! Tried unsuccessfully to get breakfast ADR at Topolinas....

Going Nov 29-Dec 5. Renting DVC at Poly and we are a family of 5 with kids ages 6, 10 and 12. We have only been to Disney once back in 2014. Does anyone know of a good packing list with suggestions on things to pack for a Disney trip? It seems like there must be a post or a blog out there with a comprehensive list of suggestions from experts who go to Disney often with kids.

I will be at a Poly. Dec 30th - Dec 5th. It can’t get here fast enough .

I will be there 12/2-12/10 with my DW ,DD10, DD5, and DD2 on a DVC studio tour split stay. BLT(home) 4 nights, BCV 2 nights, then BWV 2 nights. This is instead of a 11 night 2 bedroom BLT stay including grandparents which was cancelled and moved to next year...in theory. We were bordering on cancelling altogether but we’ve been so cloistered and are hoping we can still do Disney carefully enough. Going to be a lot different without fastpass and only outdoor eating or in our rooms. There are a lot of things I’m still concerned about so who knows if this will change. For now, super excited to go!

Going Nov 29-Dec 5. Renting DVC at Poly and we are a family of 5 with kids ages 6, 10 and 12. We have only been to Disney once back in 2014. Does anyone know of a good packing list with suggestions on things to pack for a Disney trip? It seems like there must be a post or a blog out there with a comprehensive list of suggestions from experts who go to Disney often with kids.

My niece uses this one as a starting point. Hope you also find it helpful. https://wdwprepschool.com/the-ultimate-disney-world-packing-list/

Don't think I posted here, I cancelled our December 2020 room. However, I traded up for a perfect fall 2021 room which I'm very happy about. Hoping fireworks, park hopping and the Halloween parties are back by then.

Just cancelled our annual Christmas trip to Disney World. We were slated to stay 12/18 - 12/24 at CBR. Heart is broken, but between the virus and lack of value, we had to pull the plug. Of course I went ahead and booked for next year, but it seems (cue Carol King) ”so faaaaar away.”
Welcome to the Cancel Club! We have t-shirts, mugs and dole whips. 🍦

We are booked for 12/17-12/26. Reserved park passes about 3 weeks ago. Made our ADRs yesterday with success. However, with FL @ 100%, not sure on Disney's actual capacity being 25% based on photos; plenty of uncertainty between now and then too. Increased wait times. Mask issues, etc (new rules indicating issues and posts indicating issues too. We are definitely looking at cancelling, but still holding on.

I have booked a mother-daughter trip for Dec. 11-15th at Pop Century to celebrate my daughter's college graduation from nursing school since her school is not allowing for an in person ceremony. We are planning on parks all four days. I am pretty nervous about Pop since reading all the transportation horror stories happening right now, but we are determined to make the best of it. I also have noticed that the week we are there is currently the only week with park reservations still available at all 4 parks. I am hoping that is a good sign and that we will hit that lull right before schools are out for the holidays. I was able to get all the dining reservations I wanted, and really am only worried about my Saturday night dinner in DS at Morimoto. If they reach capacity and we can't get in, then we will just go with the flow and figure out something else. We are just happy that we will be back in our happy place!

I have booked a mother-daughter trip for Dec. 11-15th at Pop Century to celebrate my daughter's college graduation from nursing school since her school is not allowing for an in person ceremony. We are planning on parks all four days. I am pretty nervous about Pop since reading all the transportation horror stories happening right now, but we are determined to make the best of it. I also have noticed that the week we are there is currently the only week with park reservations still available at all 4 parks. I am hoping that is a good sign and that we will hit that lull right before schools are out for the holidays. I was able to get all the dining reservations I wanted, and really am only worried about my Saturday night dinner in DS at Morimoto. If they reach capacity and we can't get in, then we will just go with the flow and figure out something else. We are just happy that we will be back in our happy place!
What transportation horror stories?! Yikes!

Have fun. Wish I could be there, but made the call that was right for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!