****December 2020 Thread****

We will be at Pop Dec 9-15. One day at each park except 2 at MK.

Reading reports about methods for rope drop make me stressed out! We don’t wanna be stressed on vacation so we don’t plan to RD. We will get to the parks when we get there. I’m ok with waiting in lines and I’m hoping for cool weather so it’s not quite so miserable to wait and wear masks. I AM hoping it rains/storms less than it did last Dec!!!

I have booked a mother-daughter trip for Dec. 11-15th at Pop Century to celebrate my daughter's college graduation from nursing school since her school is not allowing for an in person ceremony. We are planning on parks all four days. I am pretty nervous about Pop since reading all the transportation horror stories happening right now, but we are determined to make the best of it. I also have noticed that the week we are there is currently the only week with park reservations still available at all 4 parks. I am hoping that is a good sign and that we will hit that lull right before schools are out for the holidays. I was able to get all the dining reservations I wanted, and really am only worried about my Saturday night dinner in DS at Morimoto. If they reach capacity and we can't get in, then we will just go with the flow and figure out something else. We are just happy that we will be back in our happy place!
Transportation & entry to DS has been a concern of mine too. Several dinner ADRs booked there with early park closing. PP in another discussion stated the Closed for Capacity only applies to the parking deck, Lyft, etc. - then correct, no entry regardless of ADRs. However, doesn’t apply to those arriving on Disney transportation- this gets you in.

We're going December 14-19 and I'm still conflicted on the rope drop thing. We're not rope drop people, but I NEED to ride Rise of the Resistance! I have two DHS days planned, so hopefully we can get a 2pm slot one of the days. Gah! I haven't even been to Galaxy's Edge yet (I'm a huge Star Wars fan), so I think I'll have a great time even if I can't get a boarding group. GOTTA BE POSTIIVEEE

ALSO, anyone who's staying in December and couldn't find any dinner reservations closer to closing time for MK, it looks like they didn't release ressies for the later closing time until today! There's still some left, go get em!! :) I snagged a 7:55 pm BOG reservation for 12/17 and am beside myself lol

What transportation horror stories?! Yikes!

Have fun. Wish I could be there, but made the call that was right for me.
I am just seeing a lot of posts saying that lines for the busses and skyliner are terrible in the morning! I suppose "horror stories" was a bit dramatic of me lol!!!

ALSO, anyone who's staying in December and couldn't find any dinner reservations closer to closing time for MK, it looks like they didn't release ressies for the later closing time until today! There's still some left, go get em!! :) I snagged a 7:55 pm BOG reservation for 12/17 and am beside myself lol

Yes, a lot of BOG showing now for our Dec 9 - 17 trip. We already had it booked, but definitely options at this moment.

I'm not seeing any late Epcot ones...I'm not sure if they're really all gone (I WAS an hour late when my reservation window opened, lol), or just not added yet. I have trackers set up just in case!

Thanks for the heads up! I got a 7:55 Be Our Guest on the 15th. I know it's crazy expensive, but I think it will be fun to be leaving after close.

Has anyone been able to book Hollywood and Vine? I checked all days I am in Disney and haven't even had one time of availability. I am wondering if they haven't opened the reservations yet.

Yes, I booked H&V for our stay. I looked at the 60 day mark from my Check-in date of Nov. 29th. Our HS day is Dec. 1 and I found a reservation for around 4pm. However, there were no results for 2 person reservations so I had to book for 3 people, I also wanted a late reservation but I think 4:30ish was the latest for that day.

The hours for mk just changed to 8:00am-10:00 pm. Makes me a little nervous about the size of crowds they are expecting. I’m excited about the longer hours, though.

Maybe fireworks?? I've been wondering if they might do them without castle projections so you can view from anywhere in the park.

The hours for mk just changed to 8:00am-10:00 pm. Makes me a little nervous about the size of crowds they are expecting. I’m excited about the longer hours, though.
What days did the hours change? I tried checking my dates and on disney website kept spinning. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter